10points 3.mq4 - page 258

robp:
LOL -- must be you, David. Thanks for all your help. I know I definitely appeciate it.
KayLaw:
You funny....referring to you, yeoeleven and others that shared.

Thanks guys, for having trust and faith with me. I think I've already done my best to return favor to the forum as many of them giving help to me. About fxgear, I smell conspiracy. Feels like he's going to start his own hedge fund with the "my version 10point3" or getting a free web hosting to start selling the EA. Looks more like a advertisement posting result with "my version" Sorry dude, I cant allow you to advertise here. If you have something to sell or offering manage account, please go to the commercial section.

Regards

David

I was thinking the exact same thing about fxgear.

davidke20:
:D Thanks guys, for having trust and faith with me. I think I've already done my best to return favor to the forum as many of them giving help to me. About fxgear, I smell conspiracy. Feels like he's going to start his own hedge fund with the "my version 10point3" or getting a free web hosting to start selling the EA. Looks more like a advertisement posting result with "my version" Sorry dude, I cant allow you to advertise here. If you have something to sell or offering manage account, please go to the commercial section.

Regards

David

Explanation?

Can I get a picture example please? i will test this method.

davidke20:
1st, Buy 0.10 lot, if successfully catch profit, TP hit.

What is the take profit?

2nd, If price failed to get in position's favor double down

What?

3rd, Open 0.20(double the previous lot size on certain pips down from 2nd action)

What?

4th, Repeat 2nd and 3rd if price keep failling

What?

5th, If price retraced, close whilst in mild profit

What?

6th, If price keep failling, we close with loss

What?

Thats what all about.

Can You plase post a picture example, and explain it as if I were a kid?

Regards

David

Dan7974:
Can I get a picture example please? i will test this method.

Its all here, everything is explained and elaborate by the chart.

Buy 1.3500 0.10lot

if profit, take profit. if loss, and fail to 1.3480

Buy 1.3480 0.20lot

when price retrace 10pips, you're already breakeven. current situation as below

current price 1.3490

buy 1.3500 0.10lot -10 dollars

buy 1.3480 0.20lot +10 dollars

close off position becaue this is a false signal in the 1st place. Not neccessarily have to wait until 20pips retrace to close off positions. After closure, look for another new signal to get in to profit again.

Regards

David

John, I am speechless after your test account lost.

But I don't believe in giving up.

I hope mine will reach your hight soon and beyond!

btw. how are other tests doing?

I am curious.

Regards, Humax

humax:

I am curious.

Regards, Humax

Yeah, maxtrade is possible to reach. However from past experience, profit is generated before it happen. So, just take the profit first before it really happen If it happen at the very beginning of our trade, it means that we are in deep trouble

Anyway, I think this system is still the most interesting and efficient way to trade

Cheers,

Continuing progress

humax:

I am curious.

Regards, Humax

I certainly haven't given up but my emphasis has moved from demo testing to live trading. Last week I was forward testing 7 different platforms and with the exception of the live account and the parallel demo account all had poor results.

GoblinFibo on two platforms, V12betahedge long & short only, V12beta3 hedge reverse0 & reverse1 & FireBird065 all came up losers for the week.

A private martingale EA with the safest settings came up with $37 profit and a demo account with $55, both on a $1500 Velocity account and both with identical settings. It has often been said that demo account trading doesn't always translate into live trading with the same results and I have certainly proved that last week.

Overall I have found that backtesting generally only gives a direction to take with demo trading and demo trading can not be trusted to provide live profits but both pave the way and are important in achieving an overall successful result.

This week I have reduced my platforms and am only testing V12Beta3 (not hedged) & FireBird065 as well as both the Velocity accounts and I can report an $18 profit live and a $24 demo profit there. The others are in profit but have floating loss.

So I am not posting as much as before but still reading and offering help where requested and still totally amazed that a tentative post that I made last August has blossomed into this huge thread. The interchange over the time has certainly helped me to understand martingale trading better than any other way and I hope also has helped others.

John

Forward testing

wibitiens:
Yeah, maxtrade is possible to reach. However from past experience, profit is generated before it happen. So, just take the profit first before it really happen If it happen at the very beginning of our trade, it means that we are in deep trouble

Anyway, I think this system is still the most interesting and efficient way to trade

Cheers,

I totally agree with you and below is an excerpt from my post #2554 page #256

"So why continue? (forward testing martingale EAs) The reason is that with a live account funds can be removed when profits occur and that is the reason for continued study and testing. Imagine the account taken from $19000 up to $130000 do you think that no funds would have been removed. Of course after it had doubled I would have removed 50% of the profits and so on and by the time it did eventually collapse it would have been trading with profit with a large percentage already removed."

So keep up the good work, your contribution to the cause with the tools that you have provided is a great way to assist us all in the creation of optimum settings so that ultimately we may be able to go live to create and remove profit along the way.

John

according to you which report and' best?

Files:

yeoeleven:
I totally agree with you and below is an excerpt from my post #2554 page #256

"So why continue? (forward testing martingale EAs) The reason is that with a live account funds can be removed when profits occur and that is the reason for continued study and testing. Imagine the account taken from $19000 up to $130000 do you think that no funds would have been removed. Of course after it had doubled I would have removed 50% of the profits and so on and by the time it did eventually collapse it would have been trading with profit with a large percentage already removed."

So keep up the good work, your contribution to the cause with the tools that you have provided is a great way to assist us all in the creation of optimum settings so that ultimately we may be able to go live to create and remove profit along the way.

John

And the fact still remains that there will come a time when this EA blows your account 2 consecutive times before doubling your balance thus leaving you with nothing.

Reason: