Utility trawl - utopia or reality?

Is there such a trawl that increases the expectation of trades for a short-term strategy?

Perhaps, this phrasing is not quite correct, if I ask simply - is there a universal and useful trawl?

I haven't seen it yet, but maybe I missed something?

Universal is an elastic term. You just have to ask the question of whether the idea of a trawl is in line with my trading beliefs. If yes, use it, no, no. As with any system, it can both help and hinder.

TheXpert писал(а) >>

Is there such a trawl that increases the expectation of trades for a short-term strategy?

Maybe, this phrasing is not quite correct, if I ask simply - is there a universal and useful trawl?

So far, I have not seen any, but maybe I missed something?

Trawl is useful if you go against the trend .... In other cases it's a profit cutter...

Eh. What are we baiting? Stop Loss or Take Profit?

Shaitan >> :
>> Uh. What's the trawl? Stop loss or take profit?

Loss, but whatever. I haven't seen a normal take profit trawl either.

TheXpert писал(а) >>

Loss, although whatever. I haven't seen a normal take profit trawl either.

I think it's not the profit that should be used, but the "entry signals". It would be better if this entry would be in percentages (there is an 80% probability - enter).

A "universal" stoploss trawl was invented a long time ago. It is SAR (Parabolic).

If it is not suitable for a particular task, then we need to discuss the specific task.

infinum13 >> :

I don't think you need to spend by profit, but by "entry signals". It is best if this entry is a percentage (there is an 80% probability of entry).

Um, there is a concept of Trailing Stop -- a pull-up stop and Trailing Profit. What is a trailing stop on "entry signals"? Can you be more specific?

Shaitan >> :

"The universal trailing stop was invented long time ago. It is SAR (Parabolic).

If it does not fit to a certain task, then it should be discussed.

I.e. we just hook this trawl to a muwings crossing and it improves its performance? If not, how is it different from the one built into the terminal?

i'm sorry to interrupt such smart guys, i just want to put my nouveau riche thoughts out there.

I think the "useful trawl" should be...something like....-so you have decided on the market direction, predicted, put TR, only at that level you put not TR but the breakeven level (which, respectively, is set in the trawl) and.....say, from this point, the ordinary Traal should start, or a Traal based on small pullbacks, when the movement to TP is followed by small pullbacks, sort of mini-mini extrema, it would be convenient if the Traal moved the stop on top of these formed pullbacks....more than once it happened that just because of the trawl it closed in tenths (0.1) instead of whole (1) I think if you add it to..... I don't know....though in Kim's trawl, it would be very good..... actually here.

Files:

TheXpert >> :

Is there a trawl that increases the trade expectation for a short-term strategy?

Perhaps, this question is not quite correct, if I put it simply - is there a universal and useful trawl?

Trawl decreases losses and decreases profit. Therefore, it should generally increase expected payoff for a losing strategy.

If we speak about a profitable strategy, a trawl increasing mathematical expectation is a trawl based on forecasting of possible forward and backward price movements. In general case, an ordinary staircase trawl is also based on the primitive forecast of backward price movement - the more price moved in one direction and then returned a little, the more probable its rollback.

By and large there is not much difference between a trawl and a close or an exit point. In my opinion, the difference is formed only in two aspects, as a result of their different technical implementation and in the trader's approach to them. The technical implementation of the exit point gives us greater accuracy and the trawl greater reliability - sl we can leave and shut down or break the terminal, sl will trigger on the server. And from gaps sl keeps. The difference in approach, however, is that trawl is usually applied in areas where the trader has no prediction of the direction or nature of price movement. Based on these considerations, it is probably better to apply both at the same time, taking advantage of each approach.

The better we can make price forecasts, the better a trawl will be. This is already part of the strategy, so a universal and useful trawl is unlikely to be generally available.

a trawl is a recalculation of the exit point as the trade progresses. Therefore the question is reworded - can we change the exit conditions after opening a position? More precisely, may the quotes received after the position opening provide us with an additional statistical advantage? Sure they can, why not?
Reason: