EAs and real accounts - page 4

nnjeim:
hi nd,

i am using TPE 1.2. i realized that the trailing function isn't working even that it is selected to be on. after gaining 100 points the opened position is about to break even now.

any update ? or set file?

thank you

I am testing exact the versions I posted here. Default settings. The pairs are mentioned in the name of EAs (4 EA for 4 pairs). Default settings is for Alpari broker. If you are using the other broker so change the time in EA according to the your broker's server.

Besides I am testing it on real account with SIG broker with very small deposit (not to have a profit but just to test on real account) and I want to say that real trades with SIG and demo with Alpari are different sometimes. Of couse I changed the time in this EA to work with SIG but anyway it may be different.

I mean that this EA is placing almost the same pending orders with one broker (real account) compare with the other one (demo account). Almost the same price for pending orders. Almost. Just few pips different. But i lost more than 200 pips on real account because of this "almost": because it was buy (if i remember it) on alpari demo (GBPUSD) few days ago and it was closed with profit and it was sell (probable sell) on real SIG account (GBPUSD) on the same day and it was closed with more than 200 pips loss. My very small real deposit did not come down only because of MAChannel on USDCHF, Scalp_net_1.3 with USDCHF and SBS for 4 pairs.

So my suggeston is the following: always test this EA on demo account with your broker before going on real (on the same broker). And always compare the trades with my trades with alpari demo (statement i mean). If you change the broker so start test on demo with new broker before going on real.

real statements

Real account.

I deposited very small money to some broker and attached 6 or 8 EAs with different pairs. It is nothing with profit (account in cents). Just to see how EAs are performing on real account.

So please find the leaders.

You know these EAs, timeframes and so on.

Please note: the profit is in pips for 0.1 lot in the statement (I used 0.2 lot size).

And please find the statements in deposit currency (in cents).

Which broker

Hi ND

Thanks for showing us thise great results.

But can you tell us which broker have you used with thise EA`s

regards

Peter

fratelli:
Hi ND

Thanks for showing us thise great results.

But can you tell us which broker have you used with thise EA`s

regards

Peter

fratelli,

I had the choise:

- to open real account with IBFX to trade by 0.01 lot size. But I should deposit at least $3,000 in this case.

or

- to open real MiniLite account with www. liteforex to trade by normal lor size (0.1 or 1). It is accounts in cents. So i just fount forgotten $36 in my e-gold and deposited it to have 3,600 on deposit. My account is 4,400 now.

So I am not affraid to lose this $30 because it is $30 only. If i lose it i will deposit the other 30. But I can test EAs with real money in this case. Data of this broker is similar with real alpari data during the flat and similar with real IBFX data during the news time (i compared the data and trading).

newdigital:
fratelli,

I had the choise:

- to open real account with IBFX to trade by 0.01 lot size. But I should deposit at least $3,000 in this case.

or

- to open real MiniLite account with www. liteforex to trade by normal lor size (0.1 or 1). It is accounts in cents. So i just fount forgotten $36 in my e-gold and deposited it to have 3,600 on deposit. My account is 4,400 now.

So I am not affraid to lose this $30 because it is $30 only. If i lose it i will deposit the other 30. But I can test EAs with real money in this case. Data of this broker is similar with real alpari data during the flat and similar with real IBFX data during the news time (i compared the data and trading).

Could you please post the website addresses of IBFX and Liteforex.

Thank you

howard:
Could you please post the website addresses of IBFX and Liteforex. Thank you

You may go to this thread https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/65-mt4-brokers-metatrader-brokers

Because all the links were posted.

Liteforex is Russian and very small http://www.liteforex.org

IBFX is well-known US broker (affraid to give the wrong link as i do not have account with them). Also swiss Neurimex (or Neumex) is having possibility for 0.01 lot size.

Anyway go to this thread (it was posted everything and you may asked everything).

Trading live ...

Not hedge, not grid.

Just trading live ...

Files:

help finding an overall profitable ea

hi all,

been in this group for a while,

i do 100 percent hedge on two accounts with gbpjpy with one lot collectinh interest every day

im looking for an ea that can trade in my interest free account while my open hedge is running, this will keep my interest free acount open as they will be profiting from the lots the ea open and closes

im looking for a safe ea?? would brainwashing be the best?? i wouldnt want anymore that 2-3 mini lots open at any one time and i dont want to lose any large amounts???

a point in the rightdirection would be great

J

johnboy:
hi all,

been in this group for a while,

i do 100 percent hedge on two accounts with gbpjpy with one lot collectinh interest every day

im looking for an ea that can trade in my interest free account while my open hedge is running, this will keep my interest free acount open as they will be profiting from the lots the ea open and closes

im looking for a safe ea?? would brainwashing be the best?? i wouldnt want anymore that 2-3 mini lots open at any one time and i dont want to lose any large amounts???

a point in the rightdirection would be great

J

I don't know ...

Look at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174952

I tried to described everything.

I am testing with real money the following EAs:

SBS, TPE,

Scalp_net_1.3 with timefilter,

Scalp_net_1.5 with timefilter and

MAChannel.

MAChannel and Scalp_net1.3 is high risk but SBS and Scalp_net1.5 are ok. I wanted to test Goldwarrior for 3 pairs only with default settings (stop loss=1000) but i will have problems with margins.

Sorry I did not see my Real Metatrader today in the morning yet. May be I need to deposit an other $30 soon ...

Please find StepMAExpert_v1.42tf_EAs with timefilter (attached. Set timefilter according to your broker.

Newdigital,

I think it is not so easy to set the timefilter according to our brokers. Here are the problems I see:

1 You didn't say what broker data you used to set the 8 & 17 hours, so we don't know the difference in hours between your broker and ours.

2 I use Alpari data for backtesting, so when I optimise, I optimise to Alpari time.

3 Then I demo test the EA on MIG or InterbankFX or Neuimex or whatever broker we choose, and their time may be different from Alpari, so my demo testing values (on say InterbankFX) will need to be different from the values I optimised (using Alpari data).

4 Also, I think that some brokers change for Daylight Saving Time and others do not change, so we may need different settings for DST and non-DST times. This may also influence backtester results (if the broker changes for DST but the EA uses the same hours all year round).

I think that this time issue may be a big issue for making our EA's profitable. For example, you are getting good results forward testing SBS and TPE EA's but I get very poor results. Maybe it is because I didn't convert the TimeZone or Start and End times correctly? Do you agree that we need to work out how to get the times right in our trading platforms, and how to confirm that we have them right?

Reason: