EA with pre-set files.
First week forward testing results.
Statement for TradersPowerExpert EA was updated.
Please find updated statements.
EURUSD: pips this week 99; pips in total -258.
GBPUSD: pips this week 24; pips in total -92.
USDJPY: pips this week 16; pips in total -53.
USDCHF: pips this week 18; pips in total 162.
EURUSD: pips this week -23; pips in total -281.
GBPUSD: pips this week 11; pips in total -81.
USDJPY: pips this week 1; pips in total -52.
USDCHF: pips this week -7; pips in total 155.
EURUSD: pips this week -98; pips in total -379.
GBPUSD: pips this week 2; pips in total -79.
USDJPY: pips this week 55; pips in total 3.
USDCHF: pips this week 18; pips in total 173.
EURUSD: pips this week 34; pips in total -345.
GBPUSD: pips this week 8; pips in total -71.
USDJPY: pips this week 0; pips in total 3.
USDCHF: pips this week -43; pips in total 130.
For updated statements, updated weekly/total results please see this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173383/page28
We may use this EAs with default settings.
For alpari broker only. For the other broker please change the settings according to your broker and save it as default.
I'm having trouble getting the correct calculations with this EA.
I changed the TimeZone to "2" because I use FXDD which is 2 hours ahead of GMT. I also changed the BUY/SELL percent to 50%.
This means that it should have placed a BUY STOP at about 1.9720 and a SELL STOP at about 1.9588. However the EA has generated orders at 1.9688 and 1.9612 respectively.
It seems to me that it is infact calculating the daily range of the last 2 hours rather than the last 24hrs: if I left the timezone at the default then it would "work" but it wouldn't be accurate to GMT.
My chart is set to H1 ...
I had similar problem when I decided to use this EA with my real broker (not Alpari). When I am receiving EA from programmer I am becaming a normal user/trader. The same with everybody.
All that I had and knew is the following:
1. the settings of this EA estimated by me using Alpari data.
2. this settings were confirmed as profitable by forward testing on Alpari broker during the several months.
3. And I knew that if TimeZone is 1 so EA will place pending orders at 1 am Metatrader time. Because of the following:
So Start time = 00:00 + TimeZone.
4. I wanted for EA on my real broker to place pending orders in the same price as estimated/tested by me on demo Alpari broker. It was profitable on Alpari because of the price for pending orders. So I wanted to get almost the same price for my broker (to be profitable too) playing with this TimeZone settings.
So I did the following:
1. I setted up Alpari Metatrader with EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174264.
Not Alpari UK. Normal Russian Alpari. Because we are using data to optimize the settings on this broker. I spoke with on-line technical support of Russian Alpari asking about Russian Alpari UK. They said: "we do not know anything about Alpari UK because we are on Bahamas and Alpari UK is in London". I said: "what?!". They replied: "we registered on Bahamas ...". I said: "ok, i understand".
We need this Alpari just to compare pending order price with our broker.
2. Then I opened my real account's Metatrader (other broker). All that I did is experimented with this TimeZone value to get almost the same price for pending orders in Alpari and my broker. I spent 3 days and fount it.
What is "almost the same price"? just few pips differencies because of different data in different broker.
I did it because I wanted to use this EA with my real account.
During my experimenting I realize the following.
For example Timezone for some pair is 0. Alpari broker. Alpari is on GMT+1.
If FXDD is GMT+2 so this TimeZone will be 23 for FXDD right? But I can not place 23 in the settings. Because it is like 00:00 + TimeZone. So TimeZone should be started from 0 and then 1, or 2 and so on.
So I realize by experimenting that not so much differencies betwen timezone 0 and 1 for example. Yes, there is difference. But I optimized the settings for TimeZone 1 and TimeZone 2 for example (many months ago) and I got almost the same results.
I can not set 23 I set 0.