HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 33

svirgo:
FXC / Anyone,

If someone could clear up the entry and stoploss for me that would be a tremendous help.

Avic4x entry was at 8639 which was the entry at the opening bar shown in the pict. but shouldn't the real entry be at the close of that bar which would put you at 8655 or somewhere there?

The suggestion earlier in the thread was to have the stop at the lower band - that would be a 30 pip stop - pretty wide i'd say

Exit recommended is when price hit the higher band for a long trade.

Thanks in advancing for clearing this up and thank you FXC and other contributors for this new strategy.

sv

sv,

I will comment on that later on with a snagshot. My 2nd entry, by the way, was at 1.8668.

fxcruiser

WARNING! This is ONLY a TEST!

The following snagshot is just a test. If it is an actual and completed system, you will be instructed accordingly. This is a test of a post pullback entry on M5 GBP. The 3rd LONG trade entry on GBP. No, silly, it is not an emergency broadcast test. Please do not practice this (at home) on v.1. More on this later. This is ONLY a test!

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Files:

First attempt.

Mmmmm, I only finally received Hama 1.0 this morning, and on the very first try of it on EURUSD, after the spike, I got on three lots +9, +10,+12. Nice!

Thanks Fxcruiser!

Obviously, loooooking forward the new version, watching at the gorgeous screenshots, 1.0 looks now just a barebone, stripped version...

Good trade

avici4x:
Nice Setup for GBP/USD. This my first trade using HAMA PAD system. So far already +35 pips.

How did you make out? What was your exit strategy? Did you panic at the dip?

Let me preface my reply to svirgo by saying that, several of our HAMA PAD users have just received their v.1 for the first time and this likely is the first day most of them/you are using it on live data demo account. So, it may somewhat be a hit and miss practice. Some YM and email messages I have received today, reported different entry prices and varying results on GBP and EUR trades taken during the US session. All were profitable pips ranging from 10-35. Same is true with my entries and results. Of course, I have more demo practice experience and, at the same time, trading with it on real live account.

svirgo:
Avic4x entry was at 8639 which was the entry at the opening bar shown in the pict. but shouldn't the real entry be at the close of that bar which would put you at 8655 or somewhere there?

That being said, it is true that the suggested classic entry should be at the close of the bar and now with confirmation from the RAVI FX Fisher breaking above the upper band. However, there will be many reasons why the entries and exits will vary from users to users, i.e slippage, change on price, order place on the next bar before it closes, excitement with the new toy, etc. So, it could be that "close yet so far" apart. Unfortunately, we cannot do some sort of stop orders like those breakout system. Although, a user friend of mine does breakout stop orders, above and below the bands, before the EURO session and goes to sleep. Hmmmm, that's an idea.

The suggestion earlier in the thread was to have the stop at the lower band - that would be a 30 pip stop - pretty wide i'd say

Yes, that is the suggested SL. After getting used to HAMA PAD approach, I have made some adjustment, I personally use 20 and at times, I don't use any. Of course, that would also depend on your 3Rs (risk/reward ratio) and the TF you use.

Exit recommended is when price hit the higher band for a long trade.

Again, it is the suggested exit.

Talking about exit, let me close this by saying that this is the reason why I have this thread in the "Suggestions for Trading Systems" forum. This is HAMA PAD -A Simple Trading Approach, where I would like you ALL, to hopefully train your eyes on the PAD- Price, Area, Direction. Once we have the v.2 and/or v.3 in place, then, we will be talking about Manual Trading System and I hope we don't have to move it to that Forum.

sv and all, I hope this clears some of the issues and concerns you all may have with this trading approach. Believe me, it will add some power to your trading skills.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Piponacci:
How did you make out? What was your exit strategy? Did you panic at the dip?

Hi Piponacci,

I use multi lots, in the first test is using 2 lots. I close 1 lost at +20 pips and also use Trailing stop = 20. So if I close the first lot then the second lot is move to break even. Then I let it run. Actually, in my trade I got stopped out since the Trailing stop is hitted.

for the entry, the RAVI RX fisher is move over the upper line as the fxcruiser said. So I entry at the open price above the HAMA channel.

Regards,

Avici4x.

market yet to move....only had few pips today... HAMA very promising

Hello HAMA PAD Users,

The HAMA PAD v.1 has been sent out to our users whose completed forms have been received as of 10/17/06. Similarly, User Info Form has been sent out to those who requested the indicators and template as of 10/17/06.

As of today, we now have about 130 users in our database and should be increasing everyday, until close of US Session on Friday, as the User Info forms are received. As I have mentioned previously, HAMA PAD is intended for limited users only.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

I went short on EURUSD@ 1.2530. Closed at 1.2505 +25pips

Also short on GBPUSD@ 1.8690. Closed at 1.8664 +26pips

Thanks for this system fxcruiser. Really nice stuff

i shorted GU 1.8680 and closed +12