HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 40

I agree in keeping it simple. FX, this is a great and simple system you have developed.

FX, I consider you the "expert" on HAMA and Spiritfriends, it appears you have a long experience in trading, maybe one or both of you (or others) can help me with my question.

HAMA is great, but appears to be for the quicker time frames (15 and 30 min)... can it be worked with a Daily TF with similar accuracy?

Because of my schedule, the daily TFs are more appropriate for my style. And a more general questons about using indicators in different timeframes... if an indicator works very good in a certain TF, should it not work the same in a longer TF like Daily?

Wayne

spiritfriends:

Hello all Hama Pad traders.If everyone would indulge me for a minute,I would would like to share an insight.We've all heard the saying " Keep it simple _ _ _ _ _." (I hate that word).FX has given us all a wonderfully simple method here.I have traded since 1987 and delved in horse racing handicapping for 30 years also.There is a saying "don't handicap the handicapping".

I have seen fellow traders posting charts that I feel poisons the simplicity of FX's work and yes "to each his own".If I was a newbie I would feel very confused.It is tempting to add this indicator and that indicator to the V1 Hama Pad charts but i feel that defeats what Fx is attempting to do for us all.Each new version does add new insights, or is refined by Fx as his eyes have seen the needs for add ons from countless hours of screen time.There is no need to reinvent the wheel when Fx has successfully done that here.

This 1st version gives everyone what they need to live "happily ever after".Learn this so you can trade in your sleep.Any new version is just gravy.

Please everyone,don't take offense to any words expressed here.It is only MY observation.Embrace the vision that Fx is sharing.I hesitate to call this the Holy Grail,but I can say for sure it is the Golden Egg!

Thank you for letting me share and voice.Continued happy HAMA trading !

David Aka Spiritfriends

Pair Selection

Hi all,

First post here (I think), although I've been following this thread for awhile now. FxCruiser, Nice catch on GBP/USD during european session Fri. There was another move also in the US session that I caught (demo) +54 pips. I hope to start doing more with HAMA now that my other trading is settling down into a nice nightly routine (end of day).

Don't have much to say right now, just wanted to let you all know I'm here.

I guess I do have one thing to say...what kinds of stats are the active users out there getting on your trades? Win/Loss percentage, ratio of profit/loss, frequency of trades? I'm going to add this system to my spreadsheet and start trying to track these stats myself although mine will be incomplete because I won't be able to trade on mon and wed., EA would be nice here...I'll be following the "basic setup" rules.

Thanks for the work Fx.

spiritfriends:

Hello all Hama Pad traders.If everyone would indulge me for a minute,I would would like to share an insight.We've all heard the saying " Keep it simple _ _ _ _ _." (I hate that word).FX has given us all a wonderfully simple method here.I have traded since 1987 and delved in horse racing handicapping for 30 years also.There is a saying "don't handicap the handicapping".

I have seen fellow traders posting charts that I feel poisons the simplicity of FX's work and yes "to each his own".If I was a newbie I would feel very confused.It is tempting to add this indicator and that indicator to the V1 Hama Pad charts but i feel that defeats what Fx is attempting to do for us all.Each new version does add new insights, or is refined by Fx as his eyes have seen the needs for add ons from countless hours of screen time.There is no need to reinvent the wheel when Fx has successfully done that here.

This 1st version gives everyone what they need to live "happily ever after".Learn this so you can trade in your sleep.Any new version is just gravy.

Please everyone,don't take offense to any words expressed here.It is only MY observation.Embrace the vision that Fx is sharing.I hesitate to call this the Holy Grail,but I can say for sure it is the Golden Egg!

Thank you for letting me share and voice.Continued happy HAMA trading !

David Aka Spiritfriends

I came across this thread today and went through all the posts one by one, as an experienced trader I agree with the above observation and advise everybody not to complicate the simple and very good method as put forth by FXCruiser

Regards

howard

Nekronfx:
Hi all, my Hama trades using 10 min charts.

hi nekronfx...

what's the name of tunnel indicator that you have in your chart??

Could you post it?

Thank you

Question For FxCruiser

Hello FxCruiser,

Thank you for all your work on Hama Pad.

Am I correct that at this point v1.2 has not been released and that all those who recently received v1.0 will automatically be receiving it without any further request necessary for it?

Thanks once again.

Rico

Hi, I'm using 34 EMA with levels +-21;+-34 and 144, 72 main emas for trend direction and sup/res.

Nekronfx:
Hi all, my Hama trades using 10 min charts.

Nekronfx, those were nice looking trades on GBP. Good HAMA PAD setup you've got there. Your price chart setup reminds me of my old PAD v2 before HAMA came along. BTW, which broker do you use with M10?

Nekronfx:
Hi, I'm using 34 EMA with levels +-21;+-34 and 144, 72 main emas for trend direction and sup/res.

That's what I thought you had there. The Fibo "song n dance" numbers. I had also used 89.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

rwgold:
Hello FxCruiser,

Thank you for all your work on Hama Pad.

Am I correct that at this point v1.2 has not been released and that all those who recently received v1.0 will automatically be receiving it without any further request necessary for it?

Thanks once again.

Rico

Rico, if you have completed the users form and now using v1.0, you are on the most current list. Another filter (purging) run will be done with the list on or before 10/25. Thereafter, you will receive instructions on how to get the v1.2.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

bwilhite:
Hi all, First post here (I think), although I've been following this thread for awhile now. FxCruiser, Nice catch on GBP/USD during european session Fri. There was another move also in the US session that I caught (demo) +54 pips. I hope to start doing more with HAMA now that my other trading is settling down into a nice nightly routine (end of day).

Yes, I saw that trade setup forming in last Friday's US session but I already had enough pips for my survival needs so I left some for you. hehehe! Instead, I traded emini NQ and did well there, too.

bwilhite:
Don't have much to say right now, just wanted to let you all know I'm here.

I guess I do have one thing to say...what kinds of stats are the active users out there getting on your trades? Win/Loss percentage, ratio of profit/loss, frequency of trades? I'm going to add this system to my spreadsheet and start trying to track these stats myself although mine will be incomplete because I won't be able to trade on mon and wed., EA would be nice here...I'll be following the "basic setup" rules.

Thanks for the work Fx.

You're most welcome here. I hope you have found a home base here.

I will leave the stats to the other active users coz mine may seem bias. Yeah, soon the mighty ol EA to the rescue, for sure will serve you well in your absence.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Fxcruiser , yeah 10 min charts looking good, because 5 min too noise.

I do 10 min. chart from 5 min using period_converter script, it can be found

in navigator/scripts. Help on this script can be found here http://www.metaquotes.net/forum/555/

p.s. i use alpari broker

Reason: