Terminator v2.0 - page 21

I am running this on 19 pairs and I was wondering if someone could program something that says if more than 25% of the margin is being used then any pairs with no open positions will not open any positions.

I am not too worried about it opening too many positions and running into a margin call because the program even survived a news event I didn't watch for well enough. But it does get me nervous when I have 50% of the margin and its opening new positions on new pairs.

BTW, I took a loss of around $90 last night to close all open USD positions in preparation for NFP and turn off the EA on all USD pairs. It performed flawlessly:) I think avoiding the news times is the key. All other times it consistantly makes money without too much drawdown.

crazy_forex:
Mr. Trader,

are u forward test this new EA?, can u share any forward test result.

currently im backtesting ver 3.1 with the default setting backdate to 2004 until now, but unable to get a good result yet compare to ver 2.0.2 setting

any progress will post later.

thank you

regard

CF

Here u go !

Here is a Link to one of my statements, this is a 10k account:

CLICK HERE

Here a Link to a 100k account:

CLCIK HERE

Here a Link to a 5k account mixed with a modified Version of Firebird H02-TS Version:

CLIC HERE

And Here are my settings:

xtern double TakeProfit = 30;

extern double Lots = 0.05; // use this lotsize for a 10k IBFX Mini Account)

extern double StopLoss = 0;

extern double TrailingStop = 0;

extern int MaxTrades=10;

extern int Pips=20;

extern int SecureProfit=22;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int AllSymbolsProtect=0;

extern int OrderstoProtect=5;

// Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

extern int EMA_fast= 5; // OpenOrdersBasedOn=0 ---> now open Orders Based on EMA Cross, before MACD // changed by mr.trader

extern int EMA_slow= 12; // OpenOrdersBasedOn=0 ---> now open Orders Based on EMA Cross, before MACD // changed by mr.trader

extern int TimeZone=0;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern int StartYear=2001;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2030;

extern int EndMonth=12;

//extern int EndHour=22;

//extern int EndMinute=30;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=1;

extern int AccountisNormal=1;

extern int MagicNumber=261080;

extern int Manual=0;

extern int OpenOrdersBasedOn=3; // 0=EMA Cross (changed by mr.trader), 3=i_Trend (changed by mr.trader),

Here is my idea to make this EA a bit safer.

If you select secure profit at say 20 pips, than for every open position reduce by x number of pips.

So, if you have account protection on 10 and max orders on 10, then with one positions, it will secure profit at 20 pips. If you make x 1 pip, then on order number 2 secure profit is 19 pips. This way, as more oders are opened, the amount of profit it seeks is smaller and smaller, and it may even accept a loss when many orders are open to protect your account.

Thoughts?

tmaneval:
Read post #47 on the thread which explains an additional method of how this EA closes trades.

Hope it's helpful.

tom

Yes, that's true... it also closes at times if AccountProtection is on.

So, there are four ways it closes a trade, three of them optional:

1. Trailing Stop

2. StopLoss

3. Account Protection

and one mandatory:

1. Take Profit of most recently opened trade.

I don't use the optional ones, so I'm focusing for now on just the Take Profit method.

Ducati:
BTW, I took a loss of around $90 last night to close all open USD positions in preparation for NFP and turn off the EA on all USD pairs. It performed flawlessly:) I think avoiding the news times is the key. All other times it consistantly makes money without too much drawdown.

Good to know that it works, Ducati.. I chose to stay in during the news and made additional profit with both test setups I'm using

Ducati:
Here is my idea to make this EA a bit safer.

If you select secure profit at say 20 pips, than for every open position reduce by x number of pips.

So, if you have account protection on 10 and max orders on 10, then with one positions, it will secure profit at 20 pips. If you make x 1 pip, then on order number 2 secure profit is 19 pips. This way, as more oders are opened, the amount of profit it seeks is smaller and smaller, and it may even accept a loss when many orders are open to protect your account.

Thoughts?

I've been thinking along similar lines, but my current thought is to leave the Pips setting where it is, turn AccountProtection off and have the TakeProfit scale down as more positions are opened.

I've started testing a version that reduces the TakeProfit a little more for each new position, such that it starts at the TakeProfit setting for the first position (default = 40) and by the time it gets to the 10th position, it's using the Pips value (default = 20) for TakeProfit. That way, the deeper you get into the Martingale progression, the smaller the pullback is required to get out with a profit. I set this up last night and as of this morning it had earned about $250 (0.1 lots, 9 pairs) even trading through NFP.

The other idea I had was to have a set profit amount, and close all positions when that amount is hit. That way you know in advance what the target profit will be, and as the progression deepens, you'll need less and less pullback to reach that target. This simply requires setting OrdersToProtect the same as MaxTrades. Your suggestion is the same, with the addition of actually reducing the SecureProfit value, for added protection.

Looks like we've got some testing ahead of us!!

30-03Nov

This week's performance according to the first settings from post #174. Untill now I only saw very Low drawdows and negative floating P/L . Again my thanks to Mr Trader.

Ztrader,

I guess we have the same idea, just that we are going about it differently.

Ducati Wrote I am running this on 19 pairs and I was wondering if someone could program something that says if more than 25% of the margin is being used then any pairs with no open positions will not open any positions.

That's is the most smart feature asked here. Thanks Ducati

There is a function in the code to prevent it to open new positions in a manual way but there is a bug and it don't work as it should be

Manual=0 // If set to one then it will not open trades automatically

If you charge to 1 it should not open new positions when it close all positions in one currency

But it will continue open martingale positions until it close in profit in already opened pairs.

Anyway it don't work but I fixed it, locate this portion of code :

PreviousOpenOrders=OpenOrders;

if (OpenOrders>=MaxTrades)

{

ContinueOpening=False;

} else {

ContinueOpening=True;

}

if (OpenOrders==0 && Manual==1)

{

ContinueOpening=False;

}

you need to insert the line in bold in the code to fix it.

Anyway I will program an automatic margin protection to prevent the EA to open new positions when the margin is below certain value.

Reason: