10points 3.mq4 - page 418

Hi forexjim,

Yes, there is some limitation. I am not programmer but from what I see (and many many people complained during the many years) - there is limitation: you can not install as many instances of metatrader for your VPS/server/dedicated PC/home PC as you can.

I am having servers from softlayer and I can run 20 or 30 per one. In case of M1 timeframe - 11 or 15 per 1 server.

But after attaching EAs and indicators to them - only 15 or 21 can work .... others - will be stucked and crushed.

It is not related to VPS only (on VPS - you can run may be ...3 or 6).

It is related to metatrader as the software. And RAM, CPU and hard drive configuration are not helping so much in this case.

For more informartion - read this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general or go to metaquotes forum.

@ND:

i think about setting an initial stop (maybe 150-200 pips) to avoid an account crash, if there is a strong trend in one direction without turns. what's your opinion? maybe you already have tested this in the past?

I think - it is more lated to Pips and MaxTrades in the settings/parameters of EA.

Because max floating drawdown for all the apirs for now is no mkore than 1,400 dollars.

You can set to 150 but in case of 0.01 lot size - it may be many cases ... for example - I saw few times as 100 with lot size 0.01 ....

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA fixed version with settings for M1 timeframe, together with fixed indicators: download from this post.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

M1 timeframe, FXCM broker.

===================

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 14th of August:

AUDJPY: 515 dollars

EURCHF: 1442

EURJPY: 348

EURUSD: 283

USDCHF: 1063

USDJPY: 97.

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

====================

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 05th of August) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

For all 6 pairs:

AUDJPY:

EURJPY:

EURUSD:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.

----------

My comments for this week:

Some pairs had small floating drawdown for this week and those pairs were profiatble for pips' calculation (in case of fixed lot size without any martingale):

EURJPY: +375 pips;

EURUSD: +441.

Those pairs (together with USDJPY) were more safe (less risky) to trade using this EA for M1 timeframe. Most good pair (less risky with minimum floating drawdown and with small 'max lot size value' was EURJPY.

That's all news

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

newdigital:
10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA fixed version with settings for M1 timeframe, together with fixed indicators: download from this post.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

M1 timeframe, FXCM broker.

===================

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 14th of August:

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

====================

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 05th of August) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

For all 6 pairs:

AUDJPY:

EURJPY:

EURUSD:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.

----------

My comments for this week:

Some pairs had small floating drawdown for this week and those pairs were profiatble for pips' calculation (in case of fixed lot size without any martingale):

EURJPY: +375 pips;

EURUSD: +441.

Those pairs (together with USDJPY) were more safe (less risky) to trade using this EA for M1 timeframe. Most good pair (less risky with minimum floating drawdown and with small 'max lot size value' was EURJPY.

That's all news

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

Hi, new digital,

Many thanks for your detailed testing and statements.

1) If I invest in an AMD Athlon II 64 X4 620 Quad-Core 2.6GHz Processor AM3 with Corsair Dominator Series 8GB DDR2-1066 PC2 8500, will it allow me to open 40-50 demo mt4 accounts to test different settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA?

2) For a stanard FXCM account, if I trade EURUSD and it meets its worst by losing all positions with lot .01, .02, .03, .05, .08, .13, .21, .34, .55, .90 with pips at 20 and takeprofit at 50, is there a formula to allow me to calculate margin used (1:50) and max DD required?

Many thanks.

forexjim

Hi forexjim,

1) If I invest in an AMD Athlon II 64 X4 620 Quad-Core 2.6GHz Processor AM3 with Corsair Dominator Series 8GB DDR2-1066 PC2 8500, will it allow me to open 40-50 demo mt4 accounts to test different settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA?

40 - 50 demo?

Not. It does not depend on computer. You can instal 100 demo but you can run/open 20 as a maximum especially if M1 timeframe ... so it may be 15 ... if FXCM (not IBFX) so it may be 8 or 10 as a maxuimum ... and your PC will be on the risk to be crushed any time ... especially on Friday evening with NFP forex news ... what you need is to have 2 or 3 computers to work 24/7 and instal/open 10 or 11 demos for each as the maximum. In this case - yes, it may work ...

2) For a stanard FXCM account, if I trade EURUSD and it meets its worst by losing all positions with lot .01, .02, .03, .05, .08, .13, .21, .34, .55, .90 with pips at 20 and takeprofit at 50, is there a formula to allow me to calculate margin used (1:50) and max DD required?

I do not know ...

I am using personally for live/real accounts the following: one trade as 0.1 lot size per every 1,000 deposit. It is for 1:100. I used it for many years for manual trading for example.

As to the formula so I have no idea ... you can open demo with 1:50 and see ...

Stop Loss

Hi, does this EA use some Stop Loss?

I see it has a good DD but one never knows if the strategy will foresee all counter-trends...

In the settings which I am using - EA is openning the next trade instead of stop loss.

But you can use stop loss (there is few parameters such as initial stop and trailing stop).

Besides, EA is having some account protection: if number of trades is more than MaxTrades (in the settings) minus OrderstoProtect so all the trades may be closed with small profit which is equal to SecureProfit.

Example:

MaxTrades = 10

OrderstoProtect = 3

SecureProfit = 5.

So, if we have 8 open martingale trades right now (8 = or > 10 - 3) so all trades will be closed if last trade will have +5 pips.

In any counter trend - we can have such a 5 pips correction anyway ... so - it is some kind of account protection (if AccountProtection = 1). If 8th trade will not have +5 pips (means: the price will go to one direction for 50 pips without any 5 pip correction) so 9th trade may be this 5 pips ... and so on.

We can increase OrderstoProtect to 5 for example. In this case - the account will start to be protected from 5th trade (10 - 5 = 5).

If we use OrderstoProtect = 6 so account will start to be protected since 4th martingale trade with lot size = 0.05.

And you can use stop loss and trailing stop for example (I am not using as I am having AccountProtection settings = 1 (1 = true in the settings).

It is just my explanation ... may be I am wrong as I am not programmer but it is what I understood looking at the code of this EA.

As I remember - some old version of this EA had stop loss = 160 as a default value so you can use same value.

===================

newdigital:
In the settings which I am using - EA is openning the next trade instead of stop loss.

But you can use stop loss (there is few parameters such as initial stop and trailing stop).

Besides, EA is having some account protection: if number of trades is more than MaxTrades (in the settings) minus OrderstoProtect so all the trades may be closed with small profit which is equal to SecureProfit.

Example:

MaxTrades = 10

OrderstoProtect = 3

SecureProfit = 5.

So, if we have 8 open martingale trades right now (8 = or > 10 - 3) so all trades will be closed if last trade will have +5 pips.

In any counter trend - we can have such a 5 pips correction anyway ... so - it is some kind of account protection (if AccountProtection = 1). If 8th trade will not have +5 pips (means: the price will go to one direction for 50 pips without any 5 pip correction) so 9th trade may be this 5 pips ... and so on.

We can increase OrderstoProtect to 5 for example. In this case - the account will start to be protected from 5th trade (10 - 5 = 5).

If we use OrderstoProtect = 6 so account will start to be protected since 4th martingale trade with lot size = 0.05.

And you can use stop loss and trailing stop for example (I am not using as I am having AccountProtection settings = 1 (1 = true in the settings).

It is just my explanation ... may be I am wrong as I am not programmer but it is what I understood looking at the code of this EA.

As I remember - some old version of this EA had stop loss = 160 as a default value so you can use same value.

===================

Hi, newdigital,

Thank you for the explanation which is quite helpful.

With the current parameters, can I do the following:

Example:

MaxTrades = 10

When price reaches the point for trade 11, instead of going to deep DD to wait for the price to return, just close all positions at a loss and start again?

Many thanks for advising.

forexjim

Hi forexjim,

You can use stop loss (initial stop loss). Means: if first trade will be closed with stop loss so all the trades should be closed. Or not? We can ask MrTools to look at the code as I am not programmer. But I think - if first martingale trade is closed with stop loss so all the trades should be closed.

As to your idea about

Example:

MaxTrades = 10

When price reaches the point for trade 11, instead of going to deep DD to wait for the price to return, just close all positions at a loss and start again?

so - yes, may be good.

Reason: