Terminator v2.0 - page 28

I would recommend at least 4k per pair (for the safer ones)

for micro .01

at 9 trades = $1,022

10 trades = $2,046

your trades can get real big real fast...

Statements

Statements w/e 10 Nov 2006

Slow week, but up is up

tom

Would someone be so kind as to direct me to where I can get this EA and all the necessary indicators and presets for it? Thanks.

Jurik indicators

I know that Terminator is under farther developement but have a question:

Has anyone tried to use Jurik MACD instead of standard MACD in Terminator ?

I have been playing with Juriks indicators and they track price changes extremaly well unfortunately I am not a programmer.

Attached:

Juriks MA. MACD, CCI

Files:
jma.mq4  11 kb
jma_macd.mq4  3 kb
jma_cci.mq4  4 kb

I have been playing with Juriks indicators and they track price changes extremaly well unfortunately I am not a programmer.

I checked those indicator but I don't like it, they appear to be too volatile, anyway if you want to implement it just give me the rule to buy or to sell (values)

Any indicator signal is easy to implement in this particular EA.

tomstaufer:

Attached:

Juriks MA. MACD, CCI

It's what I'm using and it works extremely well, just like in 10Point3. The MACD bars are much more reliable for trend direction imo. I'd like to also try out the Hull's MA indicator for this and compare. I'm also experimenting with substituting the new Super_SR indicator for support & resistance mode. Always a work in progress.

I had a few PM's from guys asking me about how to substitute the Jurik MACD for the standard MACD in Terminator when OpenOrdersBasedUpon is set to MACD. It's easy. This is all you do:

1. Bring up the Terminator v2.02 EA in MetaEditor.

2. Find these lines in the EA and comment them out:

if (iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0)>iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1)) { myOrderType=2; }

if (iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0)<iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1)) { myOrderType=1; }

3. Replace them with this:

if (iCustom(NULL,0,"JMA_MACD",14,26,9,0,0,0,0) > iCustom(NULL,0,"JMA_MACD",14,26,9,0,0,0,1)) { myOrderType=2; }

if (iCustom(NULL,0,"JMA_MACD",14,26,9,0,0,0,0) < iCustom(NULL,0,"JMA_MACD",14,26,9,0,0,0,1)) { myOrderType=1; }

4. Place the attached two indicators in your indicators folder. That's it.

The JMACD indicator uses the JMA indicator to calculate the JMACD moving averages which are much more responsive than the standard MACD EMA's. Basically, all that's happening is your comparing the current JMACD bar to the previous one to see if it's increasing or decreasing which determines the trend. It's not foolproof but it's much more reactive imo.

Give it a shot and let's see how it works out.

Files:
jma.mq4  11 kb
jma_macd.mq4  3 kb

Downdraws?

Hey ya'll,

OK - so I understand WHY this EA can suffer from downdraws, but I have yet to see anyone post a statement with one...

Is it that testing hasn't been happening long enough? Or is it just the constant RISK that is out there of it happening that makes folks so nervous?

I recall someone said that they run it and withdraw profits monthly, thereby adding another level of security...

Anyway, just wondering if the thread leaders here have a comment on the fact that no one has actually seen the oft-feared enormous downdraw.

I've only been testing it a month so far (clearly not enough to go live with)...

Thanks very much for this great system and EA!

All the best,

CS

variable pipstep

Tom,

I think that one way to reduce risk in this system would be to use a variable pipstep.

I see two ways this could be done:

1) to increase the pipstep every 3 or every 5 trades. for example first 3 trades will be placed every 18 pips next 3 every 25, nexst 3 every 32 etc.

2)After every trade the pipstep would increase by a fixed adjustable amount for instance 1.2

For example: if pipstep after 1 trade is 10, make it 12 for after second trade, 14 for next trade and so on.

I think that by increasing pipstep in any of this ways the system will be safer because it will adjust better to big price moves

I disagree with this assessment. The great strength of this system is that it can make up for negative market movement by placing another trade twice as large as the last one. The farther apart the pip steps are, the more negative equity you must endure before you reach the next trade, and since each trade is designed to bail out all the previous ones, you remain more vulnerable longer because you're hampering the very mechanism that allows quick recovery.

I think a better approach is to decrease the target profit as the progression deepens, allowing for recovery from a smaller pullback. This would tend to reduce profits, but would greatly reduce the likelihood of being dragged too deeply into negative equity. My research shows that the smallest TP to avoid overall losses is equal to the pip step size, so if you increase the pip step size as you go deeper into the progression, the size of the pullback required even just to break even gets larger, not smaller, and the system becomes even more vulnerable to crashing...

rarango:
Tom,

I think that one way to reduce risk in this system would be to use a variable pipstep.

I see two ways this could be done:

1) to increase the pipstep every 3 or every 5 trades. for example first 3 trades will be placed every 18 pips next 3 every 25, nexst 3 every 32 etc.

2)After every trade the pipstep would increase by a fixed adjustable amount for instance 1.2

For example: if pipstep after 1 trade is 10, make it 12 for after second trade, 14 for next trade and so on.

I think that by increasing pipstep in any of this ways the system will be safer because it will adjust better to big price moves
Reason: