Terminator v2.0 - page 17

I really like this EA. It has been performing quite well. However, it does seem to open positions at poor times. I was curious if a programmer would be interested in adding an option to the OpenOrdersBasedOn selection to include PerkyAsctrend and other buy and sell indicators.

Thanks!

Ducati:
I really like this EA. It has been performing quite well. However, it does seem to open positions at poor times. I was curious if a programmer would be interested in adding an option to the OpenOrdersBasedOn selection to include PerkyAsctrend and other buy and sell indicators. Thanks!

Hi Ducati,

Send me the indicator and i will try it, i also have a version witch one use at 0 not MACD, it use 5/12 EMA Cross... with poor results....

There is also another version i made witch uses at OOBO=3 not i_trend and rsi, it uses only i_trend... This Version works realy well...

Send me the indicator and i will try it... Let me know if you want the Version with i_trend only !

Hope this helps,

mr.trader

Perky Asctrend

Hi Mr Trader,

Can you add PerkyAsctrend to the one with only itrend?

Here is PerkyAsctrend.

THANKS!

Files:

hedge trade

Hi I think that this system could benefit if it had some sort of protection by placing a trend following hedge trade once drawdown goes to a certain level.

Something similar to what is implemented in the checkgrid ea.

I wonder if someone could program that

Hi all!

So, i've used the system like term on real money last 2 years. But the entries of my system were simple - bouth buy and sell. i like term for entries and am testing it. Last version is not correct for backtesting becouse uses bar 0 (current). I made some change and post my results at this thread in some days.

Silem:
Hi all! So, i've used the system like term on real money last 2 years. But the entries of my system were simple - bouth buy and sell. i like term for entries and am testing it. Last version is not correct for backtesting becouse uses bar 0 (current). I made some change and post my results at this thread in some days.

Hi Silem,

Can u post your settings and a account statement, maybe we can improve your version of this system.

Thanks for your help,

mr.trader

23-27 Oct

Terminator with project* settings almost terminated my account this week! I wonder what happened to those with tm*val default settings? Anyone with different results?

ze0202:
Terminator with project* settings almost terminated my account this week! I wonder what happened to those with tm*val default settings? Anyone with different results?

Here is my statement till begin october... It´s an IBFX standard account with 10k funding, beginning lotsize is 0.01 and OpenOrdersBasedOn=0 (means MACD only) all other are default...

The secret of this EA is moneymanagement, 0.01 lot is very small, but if max trades are 10 than you stop at 2.56 lot and thats very much ! The market is trending strong last weeks, first down, than up (EUR) ... This was a hell trip for the EA, at this market conditions the EA show you if your settings are right or not...

Well, however, 12% in near a month (since 3rd oct) is not too much but with this settings he is very stable and also tradeable with 10k accounts....

Better use IBFX mini account with these settings, then you should be absolutly protected from massive drawdowns...

I also run a test with a modified version with other settings, the most important change is OpenOrdersBasedOn=3, but not the original 3 (i_trend with RSI), i changed it to only i_trend, so the trend definition is very near at the market and the EA will average open 3 Orders before close them.

I will post the statement, stettings pairs etc. end of today when Forein Exchange is closed.

Hope it helps,

mr.trader

Files:
statement.htm  92 kb
statement.gif  7 kb

Statements w/e 27 Oct 2006

Statements for the week.

tom

ze0202:

I don't know what all your settings were but I DO know $500 is insufficient capital for this EA.

The past couple of weeks have also been tough. That's good. We'll see how this EA and settings perform.

Below is a guideline only for testing setup:

1. $100k works at 1:400 leverage as on the demo account I've been posting trading 0.1 lots.(mini lots) This would equal 2 below.

2. $200k at 1:200 leverage trading 0.1 lots. (mini lots) Equals 3 below.

3. $20k at 1:200 leverage trading 0.01 (micro lots)

4. $2k at 1:200 leverage trading 0.001 (nano lots)

The above of course is not the only way to go about it and is not guaranteed. It is a starting guideline for initial testing. Any method employed should be tested and demoed thoroughly.

Please demo it with at least 1:200 leverage or use more capital.

Take your time with your own testing under an exact scenario that you might use to trade with - including the broker, settings, and currency pairs used. This way you will gain your own level of certainty and confidence and gain knowledge of the EA's behavior and margin usage. The basic concept here is 'Know BEFORE you go'. You can only KNOW with YOUR OWN testing and experience.

Real Estate has a keyword, 'Location, Location, Location'. If I were to assign a keyword to using this EA it would be 'Underleverage, Underleverage, Underleverage'. Underleverage applies to the amount of margin used to stay in the game. Deep pockets and high leverage - as stated in the readme file - is needed to stay in the game during trending markets. Even then, there are no guarantees, but NOT doing so increases the risk. This is part of the account setup or playing field you will be engaged in.

Please don't ask if such and such amount of money is sufficient to do such and such on a live account. I don't give that advice. That decision is entirely yours and hopefully you reach that after sufficient (months) forward testing on a demo account.

Hope this helps.

tom

Reason: