Terminator v2.0 - page 21

crazy_forex
crazy_forex  
mr.trader:
Hi guys,

here is the Version i use actual... There are some changes happend now i have a question...

Is there somebody who can code a hedging function in it, he should only hedge all the opened positions... The funtion should be able to turn it on/off... Also for thr hedging positions the we should be able to set an own TP/SL/TS... And when the EA closes all the positions from the mainorder we should be able to close also all the hedge positions at the same time...

PROGRAMMERS !!! Please help !

Thank you !

mr.trader

Mr. Trader,

are u forward test this new EA?, can u share any forward test result.

currently im backtesting ver 3.1 with the default setting backdate to 2004 until now, but unable to get a good result yet compare to ver 2.0.2 setting

any progress will post later.

thank you

regard

CF

ZTrader
ZTrader  

I tend to favor the idea of improving safety with this EA.. It's the closest thing I've ever seen to a 'holy grail' EA and we've all seen that it's a clockwork profit generator. The only (and very significant) drawback is the possibility of crashing when a long directional move strikes, and I think the main focus of further development should be on mitigating this problem. I can easily accept reduced profits if this EA can be made demonstrably safer...

I think I understand it's inner workings reasonably well, but I'd just like to be sure that I'm reading the code correctly. Would you guys please tell me if you agree with this assessment:

As I see it, the EA will close all positions in a Martingale progression once the most recently taken position hits its Take Profit point. Is there any other way of closing the positions that I'm not aware of? In other words, is it true that the system will close the open trades only when the most recent position hits the TP? Of course, I'm ignoring the Stop Loss feature, which I don't use.

Thx.

Brian-

Ducati
Ducati  
ZTrader:
I tend to favor the idea of improving safety with this EA.. It's the closest thing I've ever seen to a 'holy grail' EA and we've all seen that it's a clockwork profit generator. The only (and very significant) drawback is the possibility of crashing when a long directional move strikes, and I think the main focus of further development should be on mitigating this problem. I can easily accept reduced profits if this EA can be made demonstrably safer...

I think I understand it's inner workings reasonably well, but I'd just like to be sure that I'm reading the code correctly. Would you guys please tell me if you agree with this assessment:

As I see it, the EA will close all positions in a Martingale progression once the most recently taken position hits its Take Profit point. Is there any other way of closing the positions that I'm not aware of? In other words, is it true that the system will close the open trades only when the most recent position hits the TP? Of course, I'm ignoring the Stop Loss feature, which I don't use.

Thx.

Brian-

I use the stoploss feature. It appears to me from backtesting that if the stoploss of the first position is hit, all positions will close. This means that the loss is large, but not account blowing, unless of course you have a small account. The program should make the lost amount back in about a month.

ZTrader
ZTrader  
Ducati:
I use the stoploss feature. It appears to me from backtesting that if the stoploss of the first position is hit, all positions will close. This means that the loss is large, but not account blowing, unless of course you have a small account. The program should make the lost amount back in about a month.

Yes, there's a spot in the code that closes all positions once any one of them has been closed - for any reason - including me manually closing one or the broker closing one on a margin call...

I can't see any other code to close positions, though, except stoploss, so I'm thinking it's always left up to the TP of the most recently opened position...

tmaneval
tmaneval  
ZTrader:

Thx.

Brian-

Read post #47 on the thread which explains an additional method of how this EA closes trades.

Hope it's helpful.

tom

kjenkins
kjenkins  

Currently testing

Hello Gents,

I'm currently forward testing this EA due to the fact that it is so similar to an EA that I run (binary) where it 'scales' lots, but my EA scales into the move and against the move. The compounding lot idea is the same. I just started the Terminator Thursday morning around 10:00 cst. Thank you all for your donations to the thread. Now please I need another donation. When I try to download my broker statement, I receive the notice that the file I'm uploading is 800x200 and I know I need the 600x600. I'm not too bad with the computer but this is frustrating the heck out of me. I've done all I know to do, please school me so I can post results. TTYL, Kevin

Ducati
Ducati  

I am running this on 19 pairs and I was wondering if someone could program something that says if more than 25% of the margin is being used then any pairs with no open positions will not open any positions.

I am not too worried about it opening too many positions and running into a margin call because the program even survived a news event I didn't watch for well enough. But it does get me nervous when I have 50% of the margin and its opening new positions on new pairs.

BTW, I took a loss of around $90 last night to close all open USD positions in preparation for NFP and turn off the EA on all USD pairs. It performed flawlessly:) I think avoiding the news times is the key. All other times it consistantly makes money without too much drawdown.

mrtrader
mrtrader  
crazy_forex:
Mr. Trader,

are u forward test this new EA?, can u share any forward test result.

currently im backtesting ver 3.1 with the default setting backdate to 2004 until now, but unable to get a good result yet compare to ver 2.0.2 setting

any progress will post later.

thank you

regard

CF

Here u go !

Here is a Link to one of my statements, this is a 10k account:

CLICK HERE

Here a Link to a 100k account:

CLCIK HERE

Here a Link to a 5k account mixed with a modified Version of Firebird H02-TS Version:

CLIC HERE

And Here are my settings:

xtern double TakeProfit = 30;

extern double Lots = 0.05; // use this lotsize for a 10k IBFX Mini Account)

extern double StopLoss = 0;

extern double TrailingStop = 0;

extern int MaxTrades=10;

extern int Pips=20;

extern int SecureProfit=22;

extern int AccountProtection=1;

extern int AllSymbolsProtect=0;

extern int OrderstoProtect=5;

// Example: (MaxTrades=10) minus (OrderstoProtect=3)=7 orders need to be open before account protection is enabled.

extern int EMA_fast= 5; // OpenOrdersBasedOn=0 ---> now open Orders Based on EMA Cross, before MACD // changed by mr.trader

extern int EMA_slow= 12; // OpenOrdersBasedOn=0 ---> now open Orders Based on EMA Cross, before MACD // changed by mr.trader

extern int TimeZone=0;

extern int ReverseCondition=0;

extern int StartYear=2001;

extern int StartMonth=1;

extern int EndYear=2030;

extern int EndMonth=12;

//extern int EndHour=22;

//extern int EndMinute=30;

extern int mm=0;

extern int risk=1;

extern int AccountisNormal=1;

extern int MagicNumber=261080;

extern int Manual=0;

extern int OpenOrdersBasedOn=3; // 0=EMA Cross (changed by mr.trader), 3=i_Trend (changed by mr.trader),

Ducati
Ducati  

Here is my idea to make this EA a bit safer.

If you select secure profit at say 20 pips, than for every open position reduce by x number of pips.

So, if you have account protection on 10 and max orders on 10, then with one positions, it will secure profit at 20 pips. If you make x 1 pip, then on order number 2 secure profit is 19 pips. This way, as more oders are opened, the amount of profit it seeks is smaller and smaller, and it may even accept a loss when many orders are open to protect your account.

Thoughts?

ZTrader
ZTrader  
tmaneval:
Read post #47 on the thread which explains an additional method of how this EA closes trades.

Hope it's helpful.

tom

Yes, that's true... it also closes at times if AccountProtection is on.

So, there are four ways it closes a trade, three of them optional:

1. Trailing Stop

2. StopLoss

3. Account Protection

and one mandatory:

1. Take Profit of most recently opened trade.

I don't use the optional ones, so I'm focusing for now on just the Take Profit method.