Terminator v2.0 - page 22

mr.trader:
- EVER USE IT WITH IBFX MINI ACCOUNT mr.trader

Are you saying not to use this with IBFX? Why not?

altapowder:

I am using it with an IBFX mini account and it is doing very well. 20% return in less than a month.

What do you think of this idea?

I am having a hard time figuring out what do with this EA. And I need your input.

This EA is kind of like that really pretty girl that you really want to take out for a spin, but are just too afraid to ask her for fear of massive failure.

I have been testing this EA extensively over the past couple of weeks and have come to love it and hate it at the same time.

I have $10,000 that I want to dedicate to trading this EA live. And am going to use 0.01 lots sizes on my mini account.

What I am thinking of doing is this.

• I will only run this EA on the 1 minute time frame.
  • On one chart I will run the EA only placing long orders.
  • On a second chart I will run the EA only placing short orders.

Running the EA like this would act as a bit of a hedge (not a true one), but it would at least reduce the impact of a long run in one direction and allow me to keep accumulating more equity and preventing a huge draw down.

I have noticed that several times the EA will open a string of orders and then range just 50-100 pips below/above the last opened order. Trading like this would also allow me to continue making profits as the EA ranges outside of the open orders that are going the opposite direction.

I was also thinking that a good way of potecting my account when the price starts to range outside of the current open orders. Would be to place a hedged order equal to the largest order once the price went 100 pips away from the grid that is setup. Then I would close the grid once the EA on the other side has made enough money to close the grid at break even.

Now I have noticed that using only one direction at a time seems to require $2000 for every 0.01 lot size that you want to trade, while trading both ways would reduce that requirement to only $1000 per 0.01 lots. If that is the case I could trade 5 different pairs each way using my $10,000 of starting capital.

What do you guys think of trading like this?

altapowder:
I am having a hard time figuring out what do with this EA. And I need your input.

This EA is kind of like that really pretty girl that you really want to take out for a spin, but are just too afraid to ask her for fear of massive failure.

I have been testing this EA extensively over the past couple of weeks and have come to love it and hate it at the same time.

I have $10,000 that I want to dedicate to trading this EA live. And am going to use 0.01 lots sizes on my mini account.

What I am thinking of doing is this.

• I will only run this EA on the 1 minute time frame.
  • On one chart I will run the EA only placing long orders.
  • On a second chart I will run the EA only placing short orders.

Running the EA like this would act as a bit of a hedge (not a true one), but it would at least reduce the impact of a long run in one direction and allow me to keep accumulating more equity and preventing a huge draw down.

I have noticed that several times the EA will open a string of orders and then range just 50-100 pips below/above the last opened order. Trading like this would also allow me to continue making profits as the EA ranges outside of the open orders that are going the opposite direction.

I was also thinking that a good way of potecting my account when the price starts to range outside of the current open orders. Would be to place a hedged order equal to the largest order once the price went 100 pips away from the grid that is setup. Then I would close the grid once the EA on the other side has made enough money to close the grid at break even.

Now I have noticed that using only one direction at a time seems to require $2000 for every 0.01 lot size that you want to trade, while trading both ways would reduce that requirement to only $1000 per 0.01 lots. If that is the case I could trade 5 different pairs each way using my $10,000 of starting capital.

What do you guys think of trading like this?

Welcome to the world of Martingale stochastics! I feel your pain but I like your ideas. I might have to try that myself!

altapowder:
duacti:
I am using it with an IBFX mini account and it is doing very well. 20% return in less than a month.

NO, I mean ONLY use ist with IBFX because there you are possible to trade 0,01 minilot on miniaccount !

Hope that correct it

mr.trader

FXLQ and Spencer and others will allow micro also.

mr.trader:
NO, I mean ONLY use ist with IBFX because there you are possible to trade 0,01 minilot on miniaccount !

Hope that correct it

mr.trader

Testing with Fxlq and working well.

I have backtested many times this EA and I have found that using the following settings not only your account wont finish in zero but will end up with excellent profits (even with a $500 account).

Pair: EUR/USD

Timeframe: H1

Terminator v2.01

Backtest for 2006 with a starting balance of $500:

I know this only backtesting. We should see how it performs in real time...

Magic number

Gents, should I be changing the magic number for each chart that I load EA on to? Thanks, Kevin

pabloski7:
I have backtested many times this EA and I have found that using the following settings not only your account wont finish in zero but will end up with excellent profits (even with a $500 account).

Pair: EUR/USD

Timeframe: H1

Terminator v2.01

Backtest for 2006 with a starting balance of $500:

I know this only backtesting. We should see how it performs in real time...

Can you post your backtest report?

I just ran these settings and it blew out after 30 trades.

Reason: