Terminator v2.0 - page 15

Just stopped by to drop off these statements.

Profit is not as high as usual.

Remember I changed the strategy last week and can't trade all the currency pairs I want to due to limitations with Strategybuilder.

But UP is UP.

May the pips be with you next week.

tom

Settings

Ok, I still don't understand the settings on this EA. I thought that is you had max orders of 8 and orderstoprotect at 3, then on orders 6, 7, and 8 it would close whenever there was a pullback from the last order in the amount of the SecureProfit setting. However, I can protect all orders, and have a secureprofit of less than the spread and it still makes money. I am very confused. Can someone explain how the settings intereact?

Good backtest results

Hey all,

I have been seeing some good backtest results with these settings:

Timeframe H1

TP 10

SL 50

Max Trades 4

Pips 5

Secure Profit 8

Orders to protect 4

Open Orders based on 0

All but USDCAD, EURGBP, GBPJPY, EURAUD, AUDJPY, NZDUSD showed great results in backtest. Can someone of you try them out? Especially those of you who know how to get 90% modeling? And forward test them as well?

Thanks!

Edit:

I tried H4 and USDCAD, EURGBP, EURAUD, AUDJPY, and NZDUSD all did much better.

I also found settings for GBPJPY that worked well.

Timeframe H1

TP 25

SL 100

Max Trades 4

Pips 15

Secure Profit 15

Orders to protect 4

Open Orders based on 0

Ducati:
Hey all,

I have been seeing some good backtest results with these settings:

TP 10

SL 50

Max Trades 4

Pips 5

Secure Profit 8

Orders to protect 4

Open Orders based on 0

All but USDCAD, EURGBP, GBPJPY, EURAUD, AUDJPY, NZDUSD showed great results in backtest. Can someone of you try them out? Especially those of you who know how to get 90% modeling? And forward test them as well?

Thanks!

Hi Ducati,

I've been thinking along the same line as you. In the case you describing above, Scalping

I think you might have better results on a 4hr TF using the MACD as a trigger for the trades.

I believe this EA can be used as a "Platform" where various forms of trading and/or strategies can be added to it as time goes on, kinda like plugins.

With a few changes to the default settings this EA can be used for scalp trading too.

Backtesting this with default settings, except OpenOrdersBasedOn=0 and OrdersToProtect=7 it can still be utilized as a "scalper", but, with better results on 4hr TF instead of 1hr (EURUSD pair) and that trading both long and short

I'm currently forward testing some other aspects of it, but am planning on forward testing it for scalp trading from 6th November (After NFP figures come out), and which is when i'm planning on going live with it too with the current settings and only adjusting OrdersToProtect to 7 instead of the default 3.

Currently i'm forward testing it since start of last week with 10 currency pairs and it looks promising (EURUSD, USDCHF, EURJPY, USDJPY,EURCHF, AUDUSD, USDCAD, NZDUSD, NZDJPY, EURGBP..All for positive swap/interest trades. Avoiding GBPJPY & GBPUSD).

If anything, once i go live, when NFP figures are expected i'd start closing my trades from say the Wednesday &/or Thursday before then, just incase market goes against my trades. Better to be safe than sorry

As for getting 90% modelling i think it depends on broker u r using. By looks of things IBFX can get you that accuracy upto a month back. After that it deteriorates. I think NF can get u a bit longer back, i think about 2-3 months before modelling deteriorates. It all depends on how much data the broker holds on file before it starts deleting the older data.

cheers

hades291

Lol

LOL. You edited your post for 4hr TF by time i replied to you post

hades291

Ducati:

I also found settings for GBPJPY that worked well.

Timeframe H1

TP 25

SL 100

Max Trades 4

Pips 15

Secure Profit 15

Orders to protect 4

Open Orders based on 0

Personally, i'd avoid the GBPJPY & GBPUSD as it tends to be very volatile and if u have limited funds it can quickly get you down to a margin call. But, that's my opinion

hades291

hades291:
Personally, i'd avoid the GBPJPY & GBPUSD as it tends to be very volatile and if u have limited funds it can quickly get you down to a margin call. But, that's my opinion hades291

Yeah, they are volatile. I will forward test them, but probably won't go live. A question I have is that if I make TP 10 pips, is that 10 pips of profit above the commission price, or is the spread taken out of those 10 ips?

Ducati:
Yeah, they are volatile. I will forward test them, but probably won't go live. A question I have is that if I make TP 10 pips, is that 10 pips of profit above the commission price, or is the spread taken out of those 10 ips?

My understanding is 10pips above the spread. Don't know if it can handle any possible commisions on top, but, so far my observation is a clean 10pips on top of the spread.

i.e

eurusd is 1.2500/1.2502. When u buy, u buy at 1.2502. The TP 10 will mean 1.2512, and will get u out of the trade there.

in the case of nzdjpy if it was trading at 78.00/78.08. When u buy, u buy at 78.08. A TP of 10 will mean it will get u out at 78.18.

Hope this helps.

hades291

hades291:
My understanding is 10pips above the spread. Don't know if it can handle any possible commisions on top, but, so far my observation is a clean 10pips on top of the spread.

i.e

eurusd is 1.2500/1.2502. When u buy, u buy at 1.2502. The TP 10 will mean 1.2512, and will get u out of the trade there.

in the case of nzdjpy if it was trading at 78.00/78.08. When u buy, u buy at 78.08. A TP of 10 will mean it will get u out at 78.18.

Hope this helps.

hades291

Si! Thanks!

I didn't even fart!

Has everyone given up on trying to make this EA better? Where did everyone go? I am getting good results in forward testing on different settings. I would like to see if others get similar results.

Reason: