Terminator v2.0 - page 11

newb question

What's the "OpenOrdersBasedon" do?

What are the various parameters applicable to it? and what do they do?

thx.

hades291

hades291:
newb question

thx.

hades291

Open Metaeditor, from Metaeditor open the Terminator mq4 file, next to the Openordersbasedon setting there's a basic explanation. It has to do with what indicators are used to signal a buy/sell to open the first trade (0.1 lots) on a currency pair.

tom

bluto:
Fabulous contribution, mr. trader! Thx.

My pleasure ! Hope it helps you !

mr.trader

hades291:
newb question

thx.

hades291

this means on witch indicators is determined the trend, look into the code, there are discrition what every single numer between 0 and 5 means.

I made a screenshot from the code, here you go:

extern int OpenOrdersBasedOn=0; ---> This is the vaiable, there you can set it into the code...

Method to decide trades:

0=MACD,

1=Pivot Point Time Zone,

2=Support and Resistance,

3=i_Trend RSI,

4=i_TrendRSIStoch,

5=i-TrendRSIStochMoneyFlowIndex

Hope this explain what you want to know,

mr.trader

Thx guys.

Appreciate your help.

Tis great to be here amongst helpful ppl.

hades291

Statements w/e 6 Oct 2006.

Change in strategy:

1. Cable is dropped from the lineup.

2. Trading only long or only short - in the direction of positive swap.

3. Added 2 more currency pairs. (eurchf, gpbchf) I would add more, but StrategybuilderFX is limited this way, and is seems their demo doesn't expire. At any rate, I would decline to trade gbpusd, gbpjpy with this EA due to wide price volatility over time. This could gobble up one's available margin in a hurry - or worse - margin call.

4. Mixed reviews on testing with the H4 chart. Seems the latency of this causes headfakes more often, getting on the wrong side of a move and causing increased trade depth, lot size, and margin useage. Favoring the H1 chart still, but I just HAD to test H4 at least for data acquisition.

More to come.

tom

Tom,

We all owe you a big debt of gratitude for bringing us this great EA.

On another note, what are your thoughts and opinions as to which of the five Openordersbasedon settings yields the most consistent & profitable results for this EA? Looks like others have experiemented with different settings to achieve different results.

Timezone?

Hello,

Thanks all for your contributions here.

A quick question - the timezone setting in pivots, does zero mean GMT, and I'm assuming it should be set to the offset of my server, correct?

Thanks again,

CS

Hi all,

I have been testin Maddog with TP = 50 and Pips = 35 and it seems to be doing OK. No huge profits, but no huge losses either.

Ok, I received a PM of one person asking if I trust this EA to drop one hundred thousand of real money on it

yes i trust on it, but only if you have other five hundred thousand to trade in other way

Drop ALL your money in this type of EA is plain crazy. Please DON'T DO IT

The first thing you need to learn is money management and how to spread your risk if you want to last as a trader

Use this EA in a separate account and with not more that 20 or 25% of all your money.

Please use a portfolio of strategies, many different accounts with different brokers. if you lost one account still can make up the others.

AND DON'T FORGET MANUAL TRADING

The only way to get the feeling of the market is manual trading.

A blown account is only matter of time and all traders got that savor in one way or another.

Yes I am a full time trader and I make my living with that. I trade stocks, Commodities and Forex, but most of my income are from manual trading.

extern double StopLoss = 0; How is this calculated?

extern double TrailingStop = 0; How is this calculated?

extern int MaxTrades=10; Is this max trades for one currency, or for all currencies?

extern int SecureProfit=20; Can someone explain this?

extern int ReverseCondition=0; Can someone explain this?

I am trying to figure out the stoploss thing. Does it enter a stop loss for every position? For example, it is buys at 1.2700 and pips is set for 15, but stoploss for 20, does it double up at 15 and sell the first position at 20? Same with trailing stop.

If I set 10 maxtrades, am I correct in saying that it will only double up 10 time maximum?

Not sure what the secure profit means at all. How does it differ from TP?

I don't understand the reverse condition. Isn't that established in the settings?

Thanks all,

C.J.

Reason: