Terminator v2.0 - page 9

jhanley:
This EA continues to perform flawlessly. Daily profit has increased

to about $900 per day. Margin did increase to 15k yesterday at

one point but then again it had a very profitable day. I intend on

trading this live hopefully within a week or two. I had hoped to open

a 5K account but I think 20k might be needed at this point. You also

need to babysit the EA so that it doesn't escalate out of control.

I have attached my demo statement to date.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts especially Tom.

Jim

Just a suggestion, with a 20k account try trading or demoing micro lots or 0.01 lots (ibfx). You'll sleep better at night.

tom

tmaneval:
Just a suggestion, with a 20k account try trading or demoing micro lots or 0.01 lots (ibfx). You'll sleep better at night. tom

Please can you refer to the version of the EA you are currently using and the settings.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm interested with this great EA.

I wont be able to open account up to 25K, will this EA work for 2K account?

Thanks in advance

tmaneval:
Just a suggestion, with a 20k account try trading or demoing micro lots or 0.01 lots (ibfx). You'll sleep better at night. tom

jhanley:
This EA continues to perform flawlessly. Daily profit has increased

to about $900 per day. Margin did increase to 15k yesterday at

one point but then again it had a very profitable day. I intend on

trading this live hopefully within a week or two. I had hoped to open

a 5K account but I think 20k might be needed at this point. You also

need to babysit the EA so that it doesn't escalate out of control.

I have attached my demo statement to date.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts especially Tom.

Jim

That's terrific performance, Jim. I'm also running a demo of this on IBFX and I'm not seeing anywhere near the results that you are which puzzles me. In any event, I don't want to discourage your zeal to move forward. I notice you're trading that GBPUSD pair and I'd be REAL careful with that buzzard because she'll burn you with some of those infamous fast bar breaks, take your cash and leave you in a purple funk before you'll know what hit you. Same goes for GBPJPY.

Cheers!

munis6823:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

I don't think $2K is going to be enough to cover your heaviest drawdowns unless maybe you set your lot size to .01. If you like watching paint peel, that's about the rate you'll see on your net profit growth.

munis6823:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

You will still run the likelihood of blowing out your account with a strong trend.

munis6823:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Instead of asking the question why don't you open a demo or two and test for yourself? It is better to test and KNOW for oneself than to BELIEVE what another says.

Try opening a 2k demo and trade nano lots for a few months. That would be something like an ibfx mini acct and set Lots=0.01. I'm not sure if that can be done with ibfx but it may be worth a try or to look around and find something like that.

Like it is said in Real Estate....the magic word is 'Location, Location, Location'. With this EA the magic word is 'Underleverage, Underleverage, Underleverage', and 'Test, Test, Test'.

Read my signature below, it applies.

Enough said.

tom

Don't know what you all are worried about. I backtested this EA with 100K initial deposit and in 8 months it turned it into $18,382,232.

Ducati:
Don't know what you all are worried about. I backtested this EA with 100K initial deposit and in 8 months it turned it into $18,382,232.

Terminator v2.0 was first posted 14 Aug 2006. It hasn't been around 8 months.

tom

p.s. Oops...sorry....I see it was a backtest you're talking about, not a forward test. Backtest results are not entirely reliable however it IS something to go by to THEN forward test for more reliable results.

tmaneval:
Terminator v2.0 was first posted 14 Aug 2006. It hasn't been around 8 months.

tom

p.s. Oops...sorry....I see it was a backtest you're talking about, not a forward test. Backtest results are not entirely reliable however it IS something to go by to THEN forward test for more reliable results.

I will be sure to let everyone know when I am being sarcastic next time:) Obviously no EA is going to turn 100K into 18 million in 8 months.

Reason: