Great EA in backtest! - page 79

xxDavidxSxx:
this really isn't the place for euro projections but while were at it...

We are in a sideways trend. And we are comming up on the bottom of that sideways channel at 1.2454 major support. There is no reason to assume support will be broken untill it actually is broken.

And that major support is also 38.2 fibo of the greater move up.

the first retrace of the greter move up was a deep retrace (61.8) (wave 2)

this one suggest its wave 4 sideways. And when one is deep the other is sideways, and visa-versa. According to e-wave.

a 50% retrace is at 1.2300.

so there is really no reason to look at 1.2200 area for a target.

just like in a trending market...you must assume the trend will continue, untill it actually changes.

Don't assume the sideways move will be over untill its actually over. ie: major suport/38.2 fibo gets a sustained break.

my 2 cents on the matter....

Dave I appreciate your analysis, It helps me learn to hear them. I appreciate bolt's sharing on the euro too. As you can see from the fact that I'm posting, we DO have wireless access in our motel from our vacation and our laptop accesses just fine. I'm away from my forward tests but this is still fun to pop in from the motel. We are at Zion's National Park in a little place called Springdale, Utah. We plan to hike the narrows tomorrow, weather permitting.

I agree that we are now in a sideways trend. I pay more attention to the GPBUSD than the euro because it tends to be just a little more rewarding. I used to trade the euro all the time but now I focus on the GPBUSD instead. The sideways trend isn't over till it's over. It figures that just when I try to do some manual trades it pulls into a sideways trend...good timing for a vacation eh?

I don't know what EA to run in sideways trends. I'm looking at Maji's cost averaging one now for just such occasions but it's in testing still, not ready to roll it out to a live account.

(In my best captain jack sparrow impersonation)

"I'm having a thought here Dave"

I've had thoughts today about cyberia trader and trying to add a filter of some of the logics in the multilotscalper. If I could pick out the part of the logic that places just the third trade in it's series of five that has a 87% win/loss ratio. I'm just no sure how to extract that trade from the rest of the series yet...but it's a thought.

well time to go check out the motel's hot tub.

I have gotten my $jpy trades up to 70%. Taking some of bolts advise, I disabled trailing s/l, and made s/l 15. I get more profits, better win% and not much more drawdown.

I was using .7 risk and getting 35k from 500 in a year. now I get 45k.

with 1.0 risk it is 100k in a year.....o yea max lot 20.

So disabling trailing s/l was good. This is the first time I can get 70% wins on the 1 hr time frame. I can have a bigger s/l and raise the win% but the draw downs too much. Was getting over 50% draw down with 18 s/l.

I tend to disagree with bolt on some things though as I have been working with this ea for a while now. The only way to run it is 24/7. Keeping it out of news is easy with no trade times.

Plus I have wached the visual and it makes good trades on $jpy even when its in a steady trend. Actually it does great because I adjusted the CCI in my posted version and it trades with the trend. CCI above 50 only buys, CCI below -50 only sells. All the ones I have posted have the CCI adjusted.

If you look at the origonal versions the CCI is set to sell above 100 and buy below 1000.....yes I said 1k. It is a typo in all the origonal versions that has never been noticed accept by me. I use CCI in my manuel trade system that I make a living on. It is a major part of my signal. So I know it well. Pivots too.

I really don't pay much attention to trends and wave targets. Because you never know when a wave will start and stop. So weather its up, down, sideways, or inside out, I don't care. I just trade my systems signals and let every one else try to guess at wave targets. But I am good at elliotte wave on high time frames. Like the one I posted. I look for major support/resistance, then when I get a signal I try to hold it longer. Once the price is in the middle of a large range, trend is irrelivent and a matter of perspective. ie:time frame.

Like now I'll take sell signals but I am aware of major support and will keep a tight trailing s/l. It can bounce at any point into a big buy signal.

I am trying to adapt to gbp$ too, I agree it is more rewarding. But I have wached the euro$ for so long its second nature.

Dave

not finished yet but testing 5 min gbp$ with trailing s/l disabled. s/l 11 With my euro settings.

So far it is exciting. I havn't seen a start on gbp$ like this yet.

Thanks Bolt...best advise you have given is not to use a trailing s/l...thats good as gold.

dave

xxDavidxSxx:
not finished yet but testing 5 min gbp$ with trailing s/l disabled. s/l 11 With my euro settings.

So far it is exciting. I havn't seen a start on gbp$ like this yet.

Thanks Bolt...best advise you have given is not to use a trailing s/l...thats good as gold.

dave

screw it some one else can have the gbp$ that pair don't agree with me EA's or manualy.

It started off with like 15 winners, then a loser and 15 more winners.

Later it dumped the account down 75%

I got what works on euro$ and $jpy thats good enough for me.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
screw it some one else can have the gbp$ that pair don't agree with me EA's or manualy.

It started off with like 15 winners, then a loser and 15 more winners.

Later it dumped the account down 75%

I got what works on euro$ and $jpy thats good enough for me.

Dave

I agree David, going back over all the trades gbp$, $cad, eurjpy were killing things, eurjpy makes a lot of trades and consec wins too...but in the end it always gives it all back. I traded those 5 win or lose just to see which ones fair out best... but it was starting to bleed the account, I put in a few manual trades to get my equity back up and keep the testing going live

I buttoned down to just eur$,$jpy yesterday and starting to recover now...adding up all the trades I would be in much more profit by now had I left it to just these two.

And Thanks for all the tips and testing you've added here, its really helped alot!

BAN of this EA

fxspeedster:
On H1 timeframe there will be no issue with banning. There are many instances that the EA will not run live even on demo at certain brokers until it is renamed. Is this a coincidence or not? MT4 has capability to allow remote viewing of 1. what indicators the trader uses 2. what system and what comments are being generated while trading. This gives the dealers on the other end an idea of what they can use to overcome the trader's advantage (if any). In the case of CT, the broker will want to see the statement that the trader ran on demo before either: 1. they are allowed to start trading 2. while trading .. their "risk" assessment department constantly monitor every trader's activity and will ban traders that execute too many fast and successful trades. To validate this info, try chatting online with any broker's support and ask questions about allowing a "high-frequency" system (to avoid the word scalper) and see what they say. Also the rule is: if the spread is fixed..such as EURUSD 2 pips etc. and does not float (1-2-3)..the broker has a desk with dealers taking the other side. Hope this info helps.

Hi all,

Im back and few comments here:

I have been testing this EA on forward test and live account for a while using Crown Forex. Amazing results on demo account but.....

When it comes to real account - the EA does not make trades unless i set Risk to 0.5. Also now Crown forex shuts down my computer - it happened twice already. I trade on 1H chart so pipsing or scalping is not an issue. I thought it was a bad computer first and couldnt handle the data but the same happened on a Pentium D with 2 Gig of ram. So my point is: Crown Forex doesnt want this program on any charts. To rename it every day might help but then you lose the volume assembled bu the program. Any ideas? What if I remove the string name totally?

Ciao

I do not speake english

sorry..........

ho provato i tuoi settaggi, NON SONO BUONI......

prova il mio setting, su base 1 minuto su GBPUSD

ho cambiato totalmente la filosofia del setting

4 TP -0 SL - 240 minuti time SL

piu' altre piccole cose, guardale

poi fammi sapere cosa ne pensi

grazie

a presto

Romano

xxDavidxSxx:
heres the new version with my settings. Dave

txsundevil:
Nastase Post #547

I ran the 1 minute GBP on Cybertrader version 1.88.2 using your settings, looks good so far since your post 9 wins and 1 loss wins +42 Pips loss -22 pips

net pips +20 the one loss is quite high compared to these 9 Wins averaging 5 pips per winner. Might be a problem here in the long run, seem like you may have to hit 80% to get a profit.

Tp 4-5 Pips, Stop Loss 22 Pips.

ciao

fare back-test last 2 or 3 mons

with this attacched files

exscuse me for my english lenguage..........

ciao

Romano

nastase:
Italian to English translation...

I tried your setting , THERE ARE NOT GOOD...

Try my settings on 1 minute with GBPUSD

I totaly changed the filosofy of the settings.

4 TP -0 SL - 240 minuti time SL

other little things , take a look at them

than let me know what you think

thank you

see you soon

Romano

grazie mille per la traduzione

prova, se vuoi, a fare dei back testing degli ultimi due o tre mesi

con i settaggi che ti allego

ciao

Romano

txsundevil:
Romano: Will run the settings next week on a Demo and report at end of the week using , the version in the preset's. thanks

io non so se ho capito bene.............

i do not speake englesh...........

comunque ti mando sia l'EA che i settaggi

fammi sapere i risultai

ciao

Romano

Reason: