Great EA in backtest! - page 84

fxspeedster:
Hello to everyone,

I have been busy testing some enhancements to CT but still version 185f offerrs the best trading and profits. Simpler is better in this case.

fxspeedster:
Use the latest 185f..188 is a spin-off. For me 1.85f works great trading demo and live money. I use 185f on M5. Good luck!

Here are 2 quotes from Fxspeedster recomending wich version to use.

If you want to see 1.88 bugged, try setting no news times. Once it stops trading for the no news times it won't start back trading.

I forget what else there was.

Since fxspeedster is one of the developers I will take his word for it.

Dave

kalamari:
can You specify the 'wrong things' You found? i wonder why 1.88 is still the official version at Cyberia Decisions site.

I have read throught the site and the ones using 1.88 OS are having bad results.

What ever pro version there using is good to go I am sure. There are several on there that say they are using CTpro on live money and getting good results.

alexq:
MT tester is not suitable for CT, only live real trading could give a clear picture.

For example, if you look at your backtest, you will see that the tester opened more than 20 winning trades at one and the same minute - 2006.09.19 09:40.

While it could be great to get such winning preformance in real trading, I suspect it is a little bit difficult.

thats because He isn't using no news times and its getting caught up in big news. We all know that a trade will get requoted in the kind of news that would enable the type of price movement to open and close 20 trades in less than a minuite. Those 20 trades can be ignored. It might be able to get a couple in but I doubt it. Thats gotta be some crazy price action on that one.

I made real sure that my no news trade times disabled trading in the big news on the first friday of every month.

I set it to start on that friday...then conducted tests untill it stopped trading that news candle. Then I used that news time to calculate the rest of the news times.

setting alpari data..gmt=10 and no trade time 04 should be the one to get out of that fridays news.

xxDavidxSxx:
Did you run CT under its real name? I am guessing you did. Mine has never been run on my fxdd account under the real name. I have had no problems at all. It is doing great. I would call crown forex and demand they allow you to run your EA. If they won't then leave. They are swiss based and I don't see them advertising there platform and automated trading. Plus they have a dealing desk this makes them a bucket shop. Dave

Yes - I used a real CT name - that might be the problem. Checked the microsoft updates - they are off. MT was updated after that reboot- that probably was the problem.

Thakn you

Georgiy:
Yes - I used a real CT name - that might be the problem. Checked the microsoft updates - they are off. MT was updated after that reboot- that probably was the problem. Thakn you

On the cyberiatrader site they are also having problems with trying to run it on crown.

#property copyright "Copyright c 2006, Cyberia Decisions"

#property link "http://cyberia.org.ru"

string SystemName = "CyberiaTrader-OS";

double version = 1.85;

find these in the code and enter a harmless sounding name in the " "

like "my first ea" or put your first and last name in there.

Make it sound like you made it yourself or something.

"Daves true range trend trader"

that should help.

xxDavidxSxx:
On the cyberiatrader site they are also having problems with trying to run it on crown.

#property copyright "Copyright c 2006, Cyberia Decisions"

#property link "http://cyberia.org.ru"

string SystemName = "CyberiaTrader-OS";

double version = 1.85;

find these in the code and enter a harmless sounding name in the " "

like "my first ea" or put your first and last name in there.

Make it sound like you made it yourself or something.

"Daves true range trend trader"

that should help.

Thank you David - i will try that option.

more test results. Got 2 more % wins. 1.91 reverse index

started with 5k to get more impressive #'s

xxDavidxSxx:
I decided to run another back test on $jpy. This time I set use CCI=false and use pivot=false. Win% stayed the same but it took alot more trades.

I have run this over and over, starting with fresh installs and fresh data download. Can anyone explain why my results are so different?

Files:

tururo:
I have run this over and over, starting with fresh installs and fresh data download. Can anyone explain why my results are so different?

i did some more testin using mt195 and the results looks like Yours. previously posted reports - mt198.

Reason: