Great EA in backtest! - page 73

DudeWorks:
David I have mine on 23 still, what real difference have you noticed by setting to 7? it appears that this sets the period of time for simulations to last or about of simulations?.. I wonder if longer is better, or by reducing how many simulations it does , does it put in more trades, but at what win to loss success...

my results are posted on $jpy and the setting 23 to 7.(one of the last 2-3 pages) turned 500 into 35k in a year with 63% wins. I have 20-30 back tests on the $jpy from this weekend. I went from peroid 5-23 1 by 1. then changed the reverse index by .5 a few times to optimise. 3.82 was still best for me. Then messed with the s/l a little. 11 was still best (for me)

I figured that 23 was the peroid of analysis. And how many bars it takes into consideration when analysing. Kinda like changing the peroid on an indacater from 23 to 7.

$jpy is the only pair I got good results on with that setting. a setting of 23 gives me crap results on $jpy.

Got good gbp$ results finaly with 7 peroid.

I had to set static s/l to "0".....the autos/lindex is set to true. So it places a s/l on its own as it sees nessasary. Then trails it up pretty fast.

I got 71% wins but only 287 trades. 27% draw down.

I won't be happy untill I get between 450-500 trades and still good win%.

stay tuned....

how come in backtesting i get 15 trades a day at h1 but ive been running it for 4 days at h1 and its only executed 2 trades? any settings i missed? im using the version from post #1

xxDavidxSxx:
are you running it on jpy? with both 23 peroids changed to 7 peroid?

still not traading?

Mine made another on real, and so did one I am running on a different brokers demo.

today:4 trades 1 loss

I found the main problem - lots = -3.61

Hmm I better take a look at what it's doing.

I can't recall where the settings come from. I'll have to redo them all.

DudeWorks:
What I've got for today.. notice that the highlighted trade was caught backside i think about the time of the Korea nuke news... hadnt it been for that this would have been a better day

How are you getting the multiple trades? I'm only working with gbp/usd and I tend to get one or two trades a day.

Is there something I need to change? What time frame are you using?

Fx Diva

DudeWorks:
I dont see too much problems shutting down week to week, or even day to day maybe...it seems to only be looking back some # of series.. mine shuts down when broker shuts down.. every sunday is a fresh start... now with a neural database that would not be the case, the EA would be able to just connect right up where it left off, and that may be the real value in getting on board with the commercial version if they make that happen.

I'm not sure its minutes, hours etc.. but it definately seems to trade better as it accummulates a trading record... I've also noticed that the better it starts off the better it does.. in other words if it starts with series of bad trades it never really seems to climb all the way out of it but it if it gets a better start it appears to carry on in that direction of success.

I say stick with 185f, I'm not rich from it yet, but it appears to be going in a positive direction at the moment, I had a down week, a flat week and an up week, if this week goes positive will begin to get excited a little...its gotten better since I quit tinkering with it... and I wouldnt keep trading it live if I didnt think it was really on to something good...

This EA doesn't open any files and put any information into a file. When the computer turn on and off, it will restart everything. All EA(s) have global variables which are declared on top of the program, and I do not see any "database" of neurologic. No array is defined.

This EA even never searchs for historical trading data. It just consider market data.

Some week This EA doesn't work well, and some week it does. But if it goes stupid for several weeks, I guess, you have done the upgrade to 197.

xxDavidxSxx:
my results are posted on $jpy and the setting 23 to 7.(one of the last 2-3 pages) turned 500 into 35k in a year with 63% wins. I have 20-30 back tests on the $jpy from this weekend. I went from peroid 5-23 1 by 1. then changed the reverse index by .5 a few times to optimise. 3.82 was still best for me. Then messed with the s/l a little. 11 was still best (for me)

I figured that 23 was the peroid of analysis. And how many bars it takes into consideration when analysing. Kinda like changing the peroid on an indacater from 23 to 7.

$jpy is the only pair I got good results on with that setting. a setting of 23 gives me crap results on $jpy.

I concluded the same thing about this setting that it is establishing the parameters for the simulation...it's a guess...I don't have any way to verify it really....

correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't version 1.85g an enhancement done to version 1.85f? so in effect it is also finished but then enhanced with a new feature? In my tests running the same settings version 1.85g beats version 1.85f

fikko:
This EA doesn't open any files and put any information into a file. When the computer turn on and off, it will restart everything. All EA(s) have global variables which are declared on top of the program, and I do not see any "database" of neurologic. No array is defined.

This EA even never searchs for historical trading data. It just consider market data.

Some week This EA doesn't work well, and some week it does. But if it goes stupid for several weeks, I guess, you have done the upgrade to 197.

What does the ValuesPeriodCount and ValuesPeriodCountMax do?

Aaragorn:
I concluded the same thing about this setting that it is establishing the parameters for the simulation...it's a guess...I don't have any way to verify it really.... correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't version 1.85g an enhancement done to version 1.85f? so in effect it is also finished but then enhanced with a new feature? In my tests running the same settings version 1.85g beats version 1.85f

Hey cool I just need to know which one to focus on. I'm in it, to win it!

How do you trade more than one pair at a time?

Fx Diva

Aaragorn:
correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't version 1.85g an enhancement done to version 1.85f?

g vs f version - trailing stop feature corrected in g. 1.85g attached

Reason: