Great EA in backtest! - page 81

I decided to run another back test on $jpy. This time I set use CCI=false and use pivot=false.

Win% stayed the same but it took alot more trades.

Nice results David

Why don't you try the same backtest with a higher valuesperiod?

templar:
Nice results David Why don't you try the same backtest with a higher valuesperiod?

Thanks,

been there done that. I have tried every single value peroid from 5--23.

I use what I have found to work best.

Right, i was asking you about this.. because in my backtests, always higher valuesperiods = [more trades, +%profits, +%win], but more time needed to process it... let's say... to process just one month it takes about 6 hours of processing load..

templar:
Right, i was asking you about this.. because in my backtests, always higher valuesperiods = [more trades, +%profits, +%win], but more time needed to process it... let's say... to process just one month it takes about 6 hours of processing load..

my test results gave move trades with a lower value peroids.

what value peroids are you using?

I'll run a value peroid of 23 with the rest of the settings the same and post results.

xxDavidxSxx:
I decided to run another back test on $jpy. This time I set use CCI=false and use pivot=false. Win% stayed the same but it took alot more trades.

I have not been able to duplicate these results. My backtest shows it empties the account in the latter half of 2005. I am using alpari data and I think the correct number is GMT=1 for that?

tururo:
I have not been able to duplicate these results. My backtest shows it empties the account in the latter half of 2005. I am using alpari data and I think the correct number is GMT=1 for that?

gmt 10 for alpari

what version you using?

Here is test done with value peroids 23....less than half the trades as value peroids 7. slightly less win% too.

David,

when you trade this in your demo, do you use the non trade hours posted by the ciberia website? Your results are amazing!!! Congrats buddy!

B

EDIT: How do i change my cci period to 50 like you did? thank you i appreciate it

YupYup:
David,

when you trade this in your demo, do you use the non trade hours posted by the ciberia website? Your results are amazing!!! Congrats buddy!

B

EDIT: How do i change my cci period to 50 like you did? thank you i appreciate it

I posted the version I am using with my settings a few pages back.

I don't use this on a demo. I run it on a real money account.

Demo's are on a different server and price feeds are different. So demo trading is useless. What works on demo might not work same on real.

Back tests were different too when I was doing back tests on demos.

This is probly why nobody can get my results. Your all running them on demos and I am running on real account.

Dave

Reason: