Great EA in backtest! - page 80

BrazilianTrader:
Me and my friend developed a setting (for CybTrd v1.88c) that can work well on almost everymonth, but of course that the results aren't really good:

Gave us 7 consecutive successful trades, in 1 week. None loss. Profit of $72.

I am talking about a real account.

On backtesting (takes very long due to valuesperiodcount=240) it gives us much better results.

It can survive every month on backtesting with a initial deposit of $200.

Until now, I am having good results on REAL ACCOUNT.

EA:CyberiaTrader v1.88c

Currency: EURxUSD

Initial Deposit: $120 to $200.

Results so far on REAL ACCOUNT: 72 dollars (from 09/17/2006 to 21/09/2006)

Great results - which dealer are you using?

And what is 1.88c version?

Thaks

My forward testing was going downhill fast. . . decided to stop. Maybe I need to change some settings or something.

I'm trading with 1.85f on the 4hr, any suggestions?

Fx Diva

fxdiva:
My forward testing was going downhill fast. . . decided to stop. Maybe I need to change some settings or something.

I'm trading with 1.85f on the 4hr, any suggestions?

hi fxdiva,

never tried 4h. still trying to squeeze sth from H1. what pairs?

Georgiy:
Hi all,

Im back and few comments here:

I have been testing this EA on forward test and live account for a while using Crown Forex. Amazing results on demo account but.....

When it comes to real account - the EA does not make trades unless i set Risk to 0.5. Also now Crown forex shuts down my computer - it happened twice already. I trade on 1H chart so pipsing or scalping is not an issue. I thought it was a bad computer first and couldnt handle the data but the same happened on a Pentium D with 2 Gig of ram. So my point is: Crown Forex doesnt want this program on any charts. To rename it every day might help but then you lose the volume assembled bu the program. Any ideas? What if I remove the string name totally?

Did you run CT under its real name? I am guessing you did. Mine has never been run on my fxdd account under the real name. I have had no problems at all. It is doing great. I would call crown forex and demand they allow you to run your EA. If they won't then leave. They are swiss based and I don't see them advertising there platform and automated trading. Plus they have a dealing desk this makes them a bucket shop.

Get one of the brokers that are hosting the EA contest. They will allow the use of an EA. They advertise it heavily.

About drawdowns.....All my tests show a 30-40% drawdown. So your gonna have to tolerate losses. I suggest you decide to use a 500$ account and just let it go. Forget about 60% of that money. Although I show 30-40% that is only backtesting. It could be a little more. If you get a 60% drawdown then you can be sure its not working according to backtests.

Usually learning cost money. If you want to learn a career that makes you 6 figures a year how much money are you going to spend in college?? 10's of thousands. A sacrifice of a few hundred or even a few thousand, inorder to achive the 100k a year goal is a very small price to pay. That is what most people don't understand when learning forex. All money's you lose while learning is simply paying for forex education. Weather it manual trading or running an EA.

You have to be willing to lose it all.....Donald Trump is a great example.

He is one of the most wealthiest men in the world cause he is willing to risk it all. And has lost it all a couple of times but he still bounces back.

Dave

"Also now Crown forex shuts down my computer - it happened twice already"

Mmm i think you need to make sure microsoft updates are not doing its stuff at 3 am and rebooting. Its happened to me before i realised all my progs were closed one morning. Check you system log files and make sure autoupdate is OFF.

One other thing MT just upgraded to build 198 gives complelty different results to 197. Im not complaining its a lot better but having build standards change backtesting makes life doubly difficult. I now get better results on 15 mins with no indicators to filter just the pure logic. However seems the most important setting is the values period settings. This checks back how many bars it bases the market information on to establish the risk on opening future orders. Interesting results to be found using fibo sequnce here 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233 although the later numbers take HOURS to trawl through just a few weeks of data as its so very PC intensive. I believe you should stick to fib values here. We are dealing on luck, odds, and ratios in the noise and need all the help we can get:)

I also agree that risk should be 0.5 which opens about 2 lots per 10k. Any more then that is just asking for trouble.

Have a good weekend.

bolt:
"Also now Crown forex shuts down my computer - it happened twice already"

Mmm i think you need to make sure microsoft updates are not doing its stuff at 3 am and rebooting. Its happened to me before i realised all my progs were closed one morning. Check you system log files and make sure autoupdate is OFF.

One other thing MT just upgraded to build 198 gives complelty different results to 197. Im not complaining its a lot better but having build standards change backtesting makes life doubly difficult. I now get better results on 15 mins with no indicators to filter just the pure logic. However seems the most important setting is the values period settings. This checks back how many bars it bases the market information on to establish the risk on opening future orders. Interesting results to be found using fibo sequnce here 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233 although the later numbers take HOURS to trawl through just a few weeks of data as its so very PC intensive. I believe you should stick to fib values here. We are dealing on luck, odds, and ratios in the noise and need all the help we can get:)

I also agree that risk should be 0.5 which opens about 2 lots per 10k. Any more then that is just asking for trouble.

Have a good weekend.

you hit the nail on the head. Value peroid and bars in count is one of the keys. And using fibo sequence is always good. Thats partially how I came up with using 3.82 as a reverse index.

Different value peroids will be different on each pair. As each pair has a unique way of forming its waves.

Definatly get into your services and turn off automatic updates. Same with any virus scanner you use.

remember the value peroid of 23 was intgended origonaly for 1 min time frame.

Less bars in count are needed for highr time frames.

If you like swiss brokers I suggest MIG I have heard more bad things about crown as I have done a search.

But I belive FXDD or IBFX is better for ea's U.S. based brokers are under stricter regulations and cann't make false advertisements as the courts and law will not allow false advertising. Use a broker that advertises the use of EA's in there platform

Dave

kalamari:
hi fxdiva, never tried 4h. still trying to squeeze sth from H1. what pairs?

All of the majors and gbp/jpy and that was on the 30 minute.

Testing several EA's, 4hr was different one.

Fx Diva

my results

Hello all,

I am running CT 1.88 on EUR$ 30m since 10/02 on SBFX Demo (MoneyTec).

Had a few connection problems and will change to a FXDD demo server beginning next week.

My settings are:

No filters, pure CT logic except EnablePivot=true and BlockPipsator=true

NoBlockHours, static SL 30 pips

From 10/02 to 10/13 total -290 pips on EUR$ (30m)

14 wins (70%) +970 pips

6 losses (30%) -1260 pips

Most of the loosing trades occured during news time.

All in all I am surprised that there were not more trades for this 2 week period. I guess I have to change my setting quite a bit to realize better results.

AZBOfin

AZBOfin:
Hello all,

I am running CT 1.88 on EUR$ 30m since 10/02 on SBFX Demo (MoneyTec).

Had a few connection problems and will change to a FXDD demo server beginning next week.

My settings are:

No filters, pure CT logic except EnablePivot=true and BlockPipsator=true

NoBlockHours, static SL 30 pips

From 10/02 to 10/13 total -290 pips on EUR$ (30m)

14 wins (70%) +970 pips

6 losses (30%) -1260 pips

Most of the loosing trades occured during news time.

All in all I am surprised that there were not more trades for this 2 week period. I guess I have to change my setting quite a bit to realize better results.

AZBOfin

your not going to get much better than 70% accuracy. And with a huge s/l like that your not gonna make money either.

plus 88 is not a complete version, it in testing and its got bugs.

85f, 85g are the good working versions.

crown forex....

1 pip spreads, no commision, no swaps. This is what they advertise.

How do they make any money? They make money when you lose.

Reason: