Great EA in backtest! - page 12

Sorry

I dont hurry answering all letters and post on diffrent places, but i'll try to be useful and brief at one time:

CyberiaTrader realy working with period other than M1:

Why it is can not working on tester or demo: broker have low limit where stop-loss might be placed. For example NorthFinance have 10 points, and StaticStopLoss by default placed at seven points. Increase that value to value greater than your broker allow (switch on ShowMarketInfo and look in logs, property called ModeStopLevel. StaticStopLoss should be more or equal this value).

Why it is gets 1 pip: Your EA working in pipsing mode. Switch off this technology using BlockPipsator = true. We are switching him manualy at flat markets with good volumes...

With periods greater than M1 EA is less agressive but analyzes market with more quality. In logic trading increase StaticStopLoss to value optimized for symbol on that period using MT4 tester.

Do not use pipsator all time - it is used only on flat market!!! and switching all time makes low effect from logic trading.

Here is correctly was sayd that EA needs time control. It is true - do not use EA when market news events is publishing!!! and do not use EA with dynamic stop-loss level (it is switched on when StaticStopLoss = 0 )

At period for example H1 logic trading gets more than 1, 2, 5 points (10-20). Brokers allows this mode. For example if StaticStopLoss = 40 points, logic trading compensates loses per 3-4 orders profit orders. Do not use pipsing on periods more than M5 and spread more than two points. It is not effective.

Sorry again- do not have lot of time for all answers.

been running CyberiaTrader on USDJPY for about 16 hrs not one trade? "expert advisors" and "allow live trading" enabled. Using generic settings, tried different TF still nada, in experts tab it continues to calculate,

CyberiaTrader USDJPY,H1: Solution - uncertainty: 0 (or to sell/buy ex. -0.01)

CyberiaTrader USDJPY,H1: Purchase is blocked: 0.003 (or Permitted)

CyberiaTrader USDJPY,H1: Sale is blocked: 0.0102 (or Permitted)

CyberiaTrader USDJPY,H1: Lots: 0.03

just wondering if FXDD has a black list of EA's

I have another EA working O.K.

and trying to test 3 others that initialize, but no trades

mdean:
been running CyberiaTrader on USDJPY for about 16 hrs not one trade? "expert advisors" and "allow live trading" enabled. Using generic settings, tried different TF still nada, in experts tab it continues to calculate,

CyberiaTrader USDJPY,H1: Solution - uncertainty: 0 (or to sell/buy ex. -0.01)

CyberiaTrader USDJPY,H1: Purchase is blocked: 0.003 (or Permitted)

CyberiaTrader USDJPY,H1: Sale is blocked: 0.0102 (or Permitted)

CyberiaTrader USDJPY,H1: Lots: 0.03

just wondering if FXDD has a black list of EA's

I have another EA working O.K.

and trying to test 3 others that initialize, but no trades

I have the same problem on NorthFinance with USDJPY & EURUSD. I don't know what is the cause.

P7

mdean:
....just wondering if FXDD has a black list of EA's ......

Hi

No...No blacklist at FXDD...

I have forward-tested Cyberia at FXDD, during 14 hours....

See the report in this thread...

Bye

DV

i want to know the settings that someone used to make 700k from 10 k in 20 hours, anyone knows?

Odd, today in a demo forward test...... 10 hours zero trades? interbankfx

moseley:
Odd, today in a demo forward test...... 10 hours zero trades? interbankfx

i had a trade a few minutes ago (4:54pm pst now) and another about 8hrs before using interbankfx... my settings are different i'm sure, but it was a slow period as i'm testing on other brokers as well.

I am trying to use the indicators on the higher timeframe to get better filtering. For example on M1 I have the indicators period set to "period_M15"..this cuts down the trade but improves the profitability. So far 7% profit today with the settings I posted earlier. I have no idea why that much discrepancy with the forward testing. Only thing I can think of is that the data is not homogemous for all brokers. I use IBFX, Neurex and CFGTrader. Best results are on CFGTrader - even with the same settings across the board.

Newdigital, we may need a better filter that just the generic MT4 indicators..how is the ASCTrend version going? It may hold the answer to getting more consistency.

i am testing on H1 TF,also no trades since yesterday tokyo afternoon until now.

yan7181:
i am testing on H1 TF,also no trades since yesterday tokyo afternoon until now.

What is written to the log?

What is your account size?

I had started with 5000$, but it would not trade with default settings.

It tried to open too many lots... error 131.

You can disable Autolots and set a reasonable lotsize to be traded.

Reason: