CyberiaTrader..an amazing EA! - page 24

hi folks

can somebody tell me please what this option mean:

"SymbolsCount" ? in the english manual there is this explanation:

SymbolsCount = 1 – quantity of simultaneous instances of CyberiaTrader on currency pairs.

If you are trading more then one pair this option must be the same on all pairs.

do i have to set this number to a higher value if i am trading more pairs? for example i trade now 10 pairs and if i set this to 10 on every currency then the EA isnt opening a trade.

i also have noticed that the EA most of the time has open only 2 trades even if i have attached it to 10pairs? is this normal or has it something to do with the "SymbolsCount" value?

thanks for every help

Guy's this statement in the above post is crazy, I don't see (1) losing trade, I have traded this it does have losing trades, but is still sucessfull.

Arthur,

It's a simple parameter really. It just means if you are running the EA on two pairs, the number should be "2" and the lot amount for each pair will be cut in 1/2. If the number is "3", the lot amount will be cut in 1/3, and so on...

I don't know why they cannot do a better job explaining this stuff. It's not hard to have somebody translate the manual for them. Many have offered.

Sometimes it gets hammered around news times backtesting but sometimes it doesnt. Backtesting gives VERY MIXED RESULTSbetween brokers. Settings, times disabled, and trading days were all identical with these three broker. I had 3 versions of metatrader running at once with identical settings and times. Here are the results. All DEMO accounts. Maybe broker matters

Trading period 8-15-2006 to 9-8-2006 H1 every tick

.10 lots (autolots disabled)

BROKER 1--Forex LTD http://www.forexua.com/e_real_account.html

gross profit 3258 gross loss 678

Net profit $2580

Trades executed 597

Modeling quality 57.59%

BROKER 2--North Finance

gross profit 1079 gross loss -645

Net profit $433

trades executed 293

Modeling quality 48.49%

BROKER 3--Interbankfx

gross profit 598 gross loss -390

trades executed 198

Modeling quality 54%

Net profit $208

thx

forest:
Arthur,

It's a simple parameter really. It just means if you are running the EA on two pairs, the number should be "2" and the lot amount for each pair will be cut in 1/2. If the number is "3", the lot amount will be cut in 1/3, and so on...

I don't know why they cannot do a better job explaining this stuff. It's not hard to have somebody translate the manual for them. Many have offered.

hey forest thanks a lot, now i understand it clearer.

thanks

keep getting "Zero Divide" error trying to run on EURJPYm chart.

Anyone seen this? How do ya fix?

Works fine on Demo but in live mini account it will not run on EURJPY, so I've had the live account trading EURUSD , GBPUSD and results are not that great, however EURUSD and EURJPY on the demo forward test is doing pretty well.

DudeWorks:
I've been trading 185f live @ IBFX on 1hr, havent tried 5m yet. 1hr probably needs to trade for a good month in order to see real results, 15m didnt do too well, I really think CT will come out a winner once a broker/settings have been paired up good... I'm still fiddling with it ...

on Live IBFX I've had more trouble getting manual trades through than the EA's, constant requotes and trade context busy, frozen charts/prices, orders freeze up.. however the demo hums along fine.

I will setup a 5m run sunday on IBFX live and see how far it makes it through the week live.

is there any error return when trades/EA have been blocked/banned?

DudeWorks,

Maybe someone can reverse code CT for MT3. IBFX MT3 is much more reliable than MT4. Less requotes, freezing of charts, etc..

TimeFreedom

CyberiaTrader 1.88 Best settings?

Anyone using this on IBFX? I really want to test it live starting tomorow but I wish to know the best settings for IBFX until now.

I have this EA and This settings for a go, if someone has better than this please let me know.

Many thanks...

PS: Not not worry about blow up my account... it is a very tiny account, and I want to trade 0.01 lot on a mini account! Just want to test it for real. So even if you think that other version is better to a real test please post here and we can talk about it...

roger

Files:

First, the zero divide error I was getting was do to CT not being able to determine the cost of a lot on a non USD pair such as EURJPY that I wanted to try because it could not get the base lot cost of the EUR in the mini account due to the mini symbol "m".

S = S / iClose ("EURUSD", 0, 0);

Changed to:

S = S / iClose ("EURUSDm", 0, 0);

Its now working on both USD and EUR crosses

Second,

I dont want to get on the broker bashing wagon but I am disgusted with IBFX, I don't think this will ever be profitable live on IBFX until they stop jerking on things. I've never really bought into the broker complaining many people have done, as my FXsol account has always been awesome...then using MT4 demo accounts on nearly every broker seemed great cept for maybe 1 or 2 with funky feeds....but now I've seen it with my own eyes. I'll leave it at that... I'm treading very lightly with IBFX now.

Its pretty sad that the folks at MT are allowing so many brokers to degrade the image of such an awesome platform...

I've made the change and ready to go.

I'm going to let it until the end of the week, or until the account is blow up.

I dont have any settings regarding the time filter... can you help me on this?

Thanks

Reason: