Universal MA Cross EA - page 82

opening trade is delayed

wonder why, with parameters set to 0 to get immediate opened position after cross, that order is only opened a few bars later on M1. Maybe it should be better to set ma values inside an array. Or is it a global variable issue ?

note: no warning/error logged.

An Update Request

Hi Dev, the EA seems nice. I have a suggestion to update the EA.

To place an order it to be considered 2 time frame. One is 4H and another is 15M.

For Long Entry : If EMA crossed up in 4H TF and EMA crosses up in 15m TF then place long trade. Close the long trade whenever EMA in 15m TF crosses down. Long trade to be placed again and again when EMA crosses up in 15m TF.

For Short Entry : If EMA cross shows down in 4h TF and in 15m TF EMA crossed down, then sell trade to be placed. If EMA in 15m TF crosses up then close the short entry. Short trade to be placed again and again when EMA crosses down in 15m TF.

Hope this strategy help to avoid false move.

Please let me know your openion.

Regards and Thanks in advance.

Wishing happy and successful trade to all.

Does Universal MA Cross EA work on Renko offline charts?

I cannot make "Universal MA Cross EA" work on a Renko offline chart (at a 5 digit broker: IamFX). I 've used all versions found here, but no one is working. I like very much this EA and if somebody is using it successfuly on Renko charts, PLEASE advise on what to do in order to may make this wonderful EA work properly on mine Renkos, too.

Thank you in advance so much.

Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

(One more person who is trying to survive in Greece! Your help would be the best Santa Clause gift ever given to me and my family, too).

off quotes

hello, this EA is probably the best that i had found, but on real account, I have an off quotes error in mt4 journal.

what's happend? lot are equal to 5% of my equity, broker is FXCM ,thks for help

"Of quote" error is an error when you try to open an order at one price and in the mean time your broker changes the price. If it happens a lot of time, consider another broker (that is a usual way to avoid filling in the order at some brokers) or see what is going on with your connection (in case that you have a slow connection that can happen too)

hisperway:
hello, this EA is probably the best that i had found, but on real account, I have an off quotes error in mt4 journal. what's happend? lot are equal to 5% of my equity, broker is FXCM ,thks for help

hisperway:
hello, this EA is probably the best that i had found, but on real account, I have an off quotes error in mt4 journal. what's happend? lot are equal to 5% of my equity, broker is FXCM ,thks for help

Hi Hisperway,

The "off quotes" message you received could all be the result of having your maximum deviation set too low on your live account. We can only fill your orders at the price that's currently available in the market. If the price at which your order was placed is no longer available, and the current market price is outside the range you specified for your maximum deviation, you will get the "off quotes" message as you described.

Since FXCM uses 5-digit pricing (fractional pips), every 10 points for the Maximum Deviation is equivalent to one pip. If you adjust your Max Dev to 30, that would equate to price range of 3 pips. You can do this by going to Tools > Options and the Trade tab as shown below.

Jason

mladen:
"Of quote" error is an error when you try to open an order at one price and in the mean time your broker changes the price. If it happens a lot of time, consider another broker (that is a usual way to avoid filling in the order at some brokers) or see what is going on with your connection (in case that you have a slow connection that can happen too)

Hi Mladen,

On FXCM's No Dealing Desk forex execution model, we immediately offset client orders with our liquidity providers and add a pip markup for our profit. That means we make our money from the trading volume, not client losses. Since we make our money from trading volume and don't take a market position against our clients on our NDD model, there is no incentive for us to not fill orders. An "off quotes" message on our platform means the market price has already moved. This can be addressed by adjusting the Maximum Deviation as shown in my previous post.

Jason

Jason

Glad that you clarified that issue and that your traders now have all the information needed for making good trading decisions. As usual, excelent service of informing your users

Happy New Year Mladen

Jason Rogers:
Hi Mladen,

On FXCM's No Dealing Desk forex execution model, we immediately offset client orders with our liquidity providers and add a pip markup for our profit. That means we make our money from the trading volume, not client losses. Since we make our money from trading volume and don't take a market position against our clients on our NDD model, there is no incentive for us to not fill orders. An "off quotes" message on our platform means the market price has already moved. This can be addressed by adjusting the Maximum Deviation as shown in my previous post.

Jason

Hi, I hope some one could help me with this EA, I would like to change the exit with "when the 1stMA cross the 3rd MA"

So the entry always use 1stMA cross 2ndMA (buy or sell) but exit or closed when 1stMA cross 3rdMA.

Is that possible? I hope the senior member or the code guru/master could help me with this.

Thank you very much

Hi all, i like this EA but i was wondering can someone add pipstep to this EA? New trade for every X pips in positive direction with multiplier maybe

Thank you

Reason: