Universal MA Cross EA - page 86

mrtools:
Dr18, This is an updated version by Mladen awhile back, it should work on any broker, extra digits or ecn shouldn't matter.

A request if you can!

It can make a small addition to a BE (Break Even) something like:

When time allows you. Thus think they can minimize losses

Thanks very much !

Files:
untitled.png  15 kb

Good to see this thread active, working on a bigger mod atm. and got the easy part done, separate slow MA for short and long.

Someone might enjoy alerts with pair and TH info in the pop up, this is a bit rough but works.

//----------------------- ALERT ON MA CROSS

//----------------------- SOURCE : FIREDAVE

void subCrossAlert(string type)

{

string AlertComment;

if(type=="UP") AlertComment = Symbol() + Period()+ " Cross UP";

if(type=="DOWN") AlertComment = Symbol() + Period()+ " Cross DOWN";

Alert(AlertComment);

PlaySound(SoundFilename);

}

//----------------------- END FUNCTION

Winning combo

Has anyone found a long term profitable pair/time frame/settings combination for this EA?

I'm starting to doubt that there is any... The best I ever seem to do long term is break even - sideways and choppy trends seem to wipe out any profits made.

Best combo I've found so far is USDJPY/30m/ default settings except for: ECN=true, SL=35, TP=0, TSL=35, FMA=8, SMA=12

EUR/GBP profitable set file?

I've just got some interesting results with the attached set file on EUR/GBP 1hr. These settings seem to be the best for EUR/GBP. My backtest data feed is pretty rubbish though.

Can someone backtest with my setfile for 3 or more years?

See what you think...

umaxeurgbph1.set

Files:

forex560:
sideways and choppy trends seem to wipe out any profits made

Good to hear you finding suitable parameters.The chop and range is something that has prevented me from using this as a set and forget bot.

How i use this EA.

Have a good and tested MA strategy that I am not willing to change and trying to get the EA to run it by modifying the EA not the strategy.

So far if I am willing to check the open pairs and if necessary change a template every 2 hours (3 separate long and short configurations) i get better entries and exits than trading manually.

(Nonfarm Payrolls as I was typing)

The ranging part you brought up is on my list next.

I have a few ideas but they too hard for a copy paste trial and error wannabe coder as me.

ATR filter was on my mind first but then I figured to keep it all MA based and to use the already built in Min distance filter on a separate cross to shut down the "true" for trading for the time it ranges and if i ever get some ideas on how to have the EA change only long to only short, i know where it is in the code but how to implement it, with yet another cross or MA angle is something i need pointers on.

At the moment i trade it only long or short.

Yep, I find on backtesting the pivot filter and even the third MA filter don't work. Min cross filters out a lot of false signals. What time frame do you use? I use 1hr.

Make that USDJPY/1hr/ECN=true, SL=25, TP=200, TSL=35, FMA=8, SMA=12, MIN cross 3, Look Up 4, rest are default.

sachin_syd:
Mr Tools,

I went back to look at some of your recents posts but couldnt find any mention to period breakout. The latest version ecn 1.02 doesn't have the feature either.

Let me show you this picture for what I am looking for to be included in this ea. As you can see the false red signals during the blue candle phase can be avoided and trade the red signal with red candle will be valid. Here i have used a period break indicator to avoid useless crossovers. A trailing stop loss based on the same feature will also be good. Thanks

Anybody willing to help with my request please.. Thanks

forex560:
Yep, I find on backtesting the pivot filter and even the third MA filter don't work. Min cross filters out a lot of false signals. What time frame do you use? I use 1hr.

I trade M1 about 80 trades a day with most majors and crosses excluding anything with CHF and NZD in it. Have separate 3rd ma for long and short also have 4th ma separate for long and short and with separate fast ma's for long and short thats 7 ma's X 6 (3 versions for short and 3 for long).

This is such a wonderful EA for quick testing strategies, the beauty brings out the beast, all the options in it + what i have added to it makes my moded version pretty unstable.

I took Xtrader as my new base EA, moded 3rd and 4th and slow and fast x 2 run nice on it and with the help of https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173024 and MQL4 Language for Newbies. Difficult Questions in Simple Phrases. - MQL4 Articles should have filters for ranging in soon. Once i get them working I will post the Universal MA Cross EA ECN 1.02 with that mod alone if no real coder posts the code for that before i learn some more.

hi friend i have idea can u add one function in this EA not close any order if the order in loss for example if i run this EA in buy mode than my order in loss EA dont close this order wait for another buy signal than EA buy again and whan any buy order if come in profit than close the order if the both order in profit EA close both order if they get sell signal add this setting in EA order if less than 50pips EA get other buy signal not open the buy order i use this stertegy manuel with hekien hasih indecator whan i have in my daily chart sell signel i try only sell and whan i have buy signal i try only buy but problam is i cant trade 24h if u add this option in this Ea i am very thax full my english not good but i thing u understand

Reason: