Universal MA Cross EA - page 84

Your stoploss should be the same on 4 or 5 digit broker, you can set the moving averages to your preference, also maximum look up and maximum cross distance settings can be whatever you set them at, zero or greater, but of course zero will disable them. Best I can say is test the version I posted,since it is a fixed and updated version, if you have problems with any setting let us know on this thread and if we can fix it, we will.

mrtools:
Dr18, This is an updated version by Mladen awhile back, it should work on any broker, extra digits or ecn shouldn't matter.

Heloo

I have a question. Where to find specification FastMAType and SlowMAType?

request

Hi,

Can any coders help me to modify the ea universalMACrossEA + ecn 1.02.mq4:

1. Add candle size filter ( if candle size more than 30pips no entry)

2. Option to change the exit criteria to "Exit position on the close of the next bar after entry"

Thanks

Files:

gtudor:
Heloo I have a question. Where to find specification FastMAType and SlowMAType?

Hello Gtudor,

For FastMAType and SlowMAType your settings are either, 0=SMA, 1=EMA, 2=SMMA, and 3=LWMA.

Hello guys i have one question. I have just poped up this EA and i cant see any clue what time frame does EA use for trading, or specifically if we can anywhere adjust time frame that EA is trading. If someone could point me to it it would be nice.

janpec1000:
Hello guys i have one question. I have just poped up this EA and i cant see any clue what time frame does EA use for trading, or specifically if we can anywhere adjust time frame that EA is trading. If someone could point me to it it would be nice.

Hello Janpec1000,

The Ea will use the timeframe of the chart you place it on.

Thanks Firedave, I done some extensive backtesting with it and it looks like it have potential, what I am missing is a MA filter, is ther eany chance you could add that to it, that would be great,

in other words, the EA would only take shorts if under the MA Filter and only longs if above, Im thinking this could be a 200 sma or any period of choice.

Thanks for answer before, i have one more question. Why does EA somethimes open and close trades at same second? Is there some settings that i have to change becouse its really problematic it eats money away by doing that. Do you guys use entrys based on confirmation after the bar has closed with cross? I am using at the momment no confirmation becouse it enters sooner. Do i need to change number of tries to 1 for that thing to stop?

Additional question: Does most people use exit on cross or exit with tp? I have done some very quick paper backtest and seems like that exit on cross is much more profitable, is this true for this EA too?

It seems like that problem on entry is that when signal is not yet complete or if it is and it reverses just a little back EA will close position emidently. How is it possible to avoid that so that it doesnt keep opening and closing trades and in the end it actually misses the trade that goes into profit.

I am using 5 and 10 ema at the momment, are those two too low for this system? I am thnking that with bigger numbers i could avoid faulse entries correct?

Reason: