Universal MA Cross EA - page 85

Sorry for spamming so many questions but i have additional question:

If you are switching time frames on one chart does this means that EA starts using different time frame (the one being present) becouse it seems that if i switch time frames to m1 EA starts using m1 crosses.

janpec1000:
Additional question: Does most people use exit on cross or exit with tp? I have done some very quick paper backtest and seems like that exit on cross is much more profitable, is this true for this EA too?

Would say it will depend on different things a couple being the ma periods being used and the timeframe you are using, anything over an hour timeframe would say you have a better chance of being profitable using this setting.

janpec1000:
It seems like that problem on entry is that when signal is not yet complete or if it is and it reverses just a little back EA will close position emidently. How is it possible to avoid that so that it doesnt keep opening and closing trades and in the end it actually misses the trade that goes into profit. I am using 5 and 10 ema at the momment, are those two too low for this system? I am thnking that with bigger numbers i could avoid faulse entries correct?

5 AND 10 Ema maybe a little to close to one another might be to low for this system, and yes with a bigger separation with the numbers should avoid a lot of false entries.Also leaving ConfirmedOnEntry = true you will be entering the trade on a closed bar, meaning that the entry should happen after the cross otherwise is ConfirmedOnEntry = false, very likely could be entering the trade in the middle of the cross where the cross can either complete or change direction in the middle of the bar.

janpec1000:
Sorry for spamming so many questions but i have additional question: If you are switching time frames on one chart does this means that EA starts using different time frame (the one being present) becouse it seems that if i switch time frames to m1 EA starts using m1 crosses.

Yes you are right, if you change chart timeframes of the chart the Ea is on, it will start using the new timeframe to make its decisions.

Thanks a lot of answering on all my questions. I have been using it now for few hours and i have to say it looks very nice so far. Cant say much more yet i have to do a lot of testing tomorrow, different MAs and settings.

MrTools do you have suggestions for MaxLookUp and other settings that you use? If you are profitable with it i would appretiate it if you could writte me down your numbers of settings.

janpec1000:
Thanks a lot of answering on all my questions. I have been using it now for few hours and i have to say it looks very nice so far. Cant say much more yet i have to do a lot of testing tomorrow, different MAs and settings. MrTools do you have suggestions for MaxLookUp and other settings that you use? If you are profitable with it i would appretiate it if you could writte me down your numbers of settings.

Janpec1000, MaxLookUp goes with MinCrossDistance best I can describe it is for example you are on hourly chart you have MaxLookUp at 3 and MinCrossDistance = 20, and the Ma cross happens and goes more or equal to 20 pips in less or equal to 3 hours(3 x chart timeframe) then a buy or sell condition = true.As far as any settings really don't know tested it a long time ago and can't remember what I used, but probably was something like the 5 by 13 by 63 , ema crosses.

Dear Code masters,

Can somebody put a custom period breakout option in this ea? Like a 20 candle break to the upside/dwnside combined with ma signal would be appropriate to filter out fake signals when mavgs are trending v close sue to low price volatility.

I think this will benefit most users.

Thanks

Sachin

sachin_syd:
Dear Code masters,

Can somebody put a custom period breakout option in this ea? Like a 20 candle break to the upside/dwnside combined with ma signal would be appropriate to filter out fake signals when mavgs are trending v close sue to low price volatility.

I think this will benefit most users.

Thanks

Sachin

Sachin,

If I'm understanding you right the Ea already has this feature that I described the post before yours.

mrtools:
Sachin, If I'm understanding you right the Ea already has this feature that I described the post before yours.

Mr Tools,

I went back to look at some of your recents posts but couldnt find any mention to period breakout. The latest version ecn 1.02 doesn't have the feature either.

Let me show you this picture for what I am looking for to be included in this ea. As you can see the false red signals during the blue candle phase can be avoided and trade the red signal with red candle will be valid. Here i have used a period break indicator to avoid useless crossovers. A trailing stop loss based on the same feature will also be good. Thanks

Files:
gj.png  43 kb

Dear Mrtools

Can add a break even (BE) adjustable ?

Reason: