Universal MA Cross EA - page 89

Thanks mladen.

I am a little confused since the order is not placed when I get the message.

There is an option on this EA under order settings for number of tries so I will lower that to see if that helps.

J

jeff123:
Thanks mladen.

I am a little confused since the order is not placed when I get the message.

There is an option on this EA under order settings for number of tries so I will lower that to see if that helps.

J

What is the exact version that you are using?

I think it is the latest,

v8.1

jeff123:
I think it is the latest, v8.1

jeff123

I can not find version 8.1. Maybe best that you post the version you are using so that it can be checked

Here it is.

jeff123:
Here it is.

Will check it

In the mean time, since it is FXCM, set the slippage to some bigger value (default is 5 points - 1/2 pip, and it just might be that it is not enough slippage) and see if it will open orders

jeff123:
Here it is.

jeff123

Try out this version

Now it will write out correctly if any error happened during an attempt to open an order (there was an error in the error reporting routine) so it will be of normal help when debugging eventual error in execution. Also some other parts of the code were changed.

PS: when using it on FXCM set the EcnBroker parameter to true, or it will not work correctly (FXCM has ECN/STP rules for opening orders)

Thanks very much mladen. I will run it for a few days and report back.

Jeff

It seems to be making more trades. I still see the error 141, to many request, but sometimes it still places the order.

One other thing is that it does not seem to recognize the mincrossdistance.I asked this question before but no one seem to answer but should I use an extra digit, for 20 pips use 200?

I will try that tonight.

Thanks again.

jeff123:
It seems to be making more trades. I still see the error 141, to many request, but sometimes it still places the order.

One other thing is that it does not seem to recognize the mincrossdistance.I asked this question before but no one seem to answer but should I use an extra digit, for 20 pips use 200?

I will try that tonight.

Thanks again.

jeff123

Yes, you should use 200 if you wish 20 pips MinCrossDistance to be applied (anybody on 5 digit broker should do it that way)

Reason: