The "XO"-Method......... - page 10

U/J exited at -3 from 15 min.

Hi Dan...that cable was a nice run...good on you. UJ exit nice as well. Just as you are changing to 15m charts I am looking at 5 m....lol

Hi Valeo...I will put the indicator on and see. It is a nice little indicator..I was using it with Catfx. I see you have made some additions to it.

ok .....only take a trade if the histo bar breeches the .05 line . Keep the cbars at the default?

Interesting....will get back to you.

Thanks.

Cheers

Ant

Just before the data I switched back to 5 min and got +32 and +25 on cable and U/J again.

We have to face the fact that every trend follower gets chopped at times.

Its sometimes hard to accept or to swallow. That doesnt necessarily mean the method is not robust of good enough.

"xo-alert"

Our friend Kalenzo very kindly made us this ALERT. The first one kept on giving the alert, but this one is his latest "tuned" version.

It gave an Alert at 09h26 est @ 1.8658 for a run of +142 pips.

My sincerest thanks to Kalenzo who always helps when he is not too busy. Wish him well for his well-deserved up coming holiday with his parents.

Please guys, we need feed-back on this Alert as well.

Files:

Thanks Kalenzo and Valeo!

I am having a great day here guys

would this system work on an hourly chart with the same settings do you think?

Help

can somebody help with this. when i download the ASCTrend1sig and the WoodiesCCI they come up as the wrong files not the metatrader files so i cannot put them on my charts. I know its something im doing wrong i just need help fixing this. the XO indicator came up fine and i have that attached and working. Thank you in advance.

It gave an Alert at 09h26 est @ 1.8658 for a run of +142 pips.

What time frame did the alert come on? At this time on the pound 5 minute chart I show the 60 minute XO still in the red? Also I know this system is still in the testing phase to refine the "rules" but can you tell me all that we are looking for to take the trade and exit the trade?

colnc:
It gave an Alert at 09h26 est @ 1.8658 for a run of +142 pips. What time frame did the alert come on? At this time on the pound 5 minute chart I show the 60 minute XO still in the red? Also I know this system is still in the testing phase to refine the "rules" but can you tell me all that we are looking for to take the trade and exit the trade?

Hi Colnc

Did you get the AscTrend and CCI on?

My interpretation of the rules are :-

Trade only when markets are moving....London Open, NY open, times of news, Asian open ( Dan did well yesterday on Asian open)

Entry

Wait for 4 bars to turn the same colour on the XO

Wait for an AscTrend dot signal to pop up which should happen close to the time that the four bars all become the same colour.

Exit

exit trade when 14 CCI line hits 250

or

2 bars on XO change colour.

WAIT for CLOSE of bar.....

Latest adjustments are the alert that Kalenzo has kindly attached...see a few posts up and also the very clever indicator the Hist Step MA Stoch which Valeo has suggested to help in times of chop chop!!!

Good luck

Cheers

Ant

adrazz:
would this system work on an hourly chart with the same settings do you think?

I also have the hourly chart up and I am watching what happens...I think this is the only way to see if it works. Forward test...observe and demo trade.

Reason: