The "XO"-Method......... - page 7

Dan S:
Cable signals get you chopped up today so far.

The vertical lines were realtime signals, the first was profitable (+16)

and the following 4 all got exit signals in the red.

Check your 5m setting to be 5/7 and not 5/10. From what I see, it is working well on your chart?

gordon:
Ant,

I notice that your settings are different from Valeos, 60/10 instead of 60/5 on first page of thread is this intentional ?

Gordon

Spot on Gordon! Thanks. Also note the 5minute chart should be 5/7.

ValeoFX:
Ant, your settings are wrong, buddy. It should be 60/5 - 30/5 - 15/5 and 5/7 for the 5m chart. Try it please.

Yes...I can see that the bars become more reactive compared to the chart with the 10.0 settings.

Do you know what the XO indicator is?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Ant

ValeoFX:
Check your 5m setting to be 5/7 and not 5/10. From what I see, it is working well on your chart?

Uuups, didnt notice the 5/7 I used 5/5.

No, the last 4 signals on the screenshot (vertical lines) were all losers.

Difficult to say in hindsight if with 5/7 there would have been much different results.

Don`t get me wrong, I am not complaining

Just reporting my experience.

Ant:
Yes...I can see that the bars become more reactive compared to the chart with the 10.0 settings.

Do you know what the XO indicator is?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Ant

If you are interested we should ask the developer?

Dan S:
Uuups, didnt notice the 5/7 I used 5/5.

No, the last 4 signals on the screenshot (vertical lines) were all losers.

Difficult to say in hindsight if with 5/7 there would have been much different results.

Don`t get me wrong, I am not complaining

Just reporting my experience.

I undersand perfectly. We need experience, so please don't feel "threatened" to post observations. Let us get it streamlined. Thanks for helping and whoever else that are testing, your help is appreciated.

Dan S:
Long cable signal.

Spot on! Now we are in sync. Just for those who don't know why we did not trade this one, we need to look at volatility too. Therefore, I am convinced that we cannot have an EA for this method. Nevertheless, for those of us sitting at our desks, it is a tremendous help.

Thank you again, Dan.

Long cable signal.

EDIT:

Result is -11

added the exit signal.

Uuups, that has overwritten the entry signal.

But you can still see it on the screen.

Files:
xo_1.jpg  163 kb

You didnt trade the signal Valeo?

How do you know if there is enough volatility when trading to the right side of the chart?

Next long cable signal.

Files:
xo_2.jpg  160 kb
Reason: