The "XO"-Method......... - page 6

Dan S:
Valeo, do you exit a trade as soon as cci hits 250? Or do you wait for the bar to close? I just got 16 pips on the short cable trade and exited at 250.

Congratulations on your success Dan.

However, once you are in the trade and you see that the CCI carries on, it may run until 350 sometimes, so you have to use your "gutfeel" as to the volatility.

This last short you should have "ridden" it until 1- minute before the announcement and the price also "rested" on the 300-EMA (yes you read it correctly: idea being that it represents the 50-EMA on the 30-m chart )( I also use the 25-EMA on the HOURLY Chart for the very same reason ).

I cannot emphasise it enough: you must wait for the candle to close, but in a case like this last short on GBP/USD and the impending announcement, you either exit 1-m before the announcement ( I have a clock on each T/F) or you move your stop very close.

Totally choppy right now.

stopped out on a long -35

exit signal on a short -11

and on the next bar its dropping again, most likely creating a new signal

ValeoFX:
Congratulations on your success Dan.

However, once you are in the trade and you see that the CCI carries on, it may run until 350 sometimes, so you have to use your "gutfeel" as to the volatility.

This last short you should have "ridden" it until 1- minute before the announcement and the price also "rested" on the 300-EMA (yes you read it correctly: idea being that it represents the 50-EMA on the 30-m chart )( I also use the 25-EMA on the HOURLY Chart for the very same reason ).

I cannot emphasise it enough: you must wait for the candle to close, but in a case like this last short on GBP/USD and the impending announcement, you either exit 1-m before the announcement ( I have a clock on each T/F) or you move your stop very close.

Hi Valeo,

you wait the bar close and this is ok....but XO changes the past so do you refresh indicators before opening a position?? I see that refreshing can change histograms.....

South Africa...lovely and amazing place....you are lucky to live there!!!

An Observation on EURGBP.

Using 15 min chart....I get 4 green bars yet the AscT signal to go long is 6 bars back.

Interesting.

Cheers

Ant

Files:
eurgbp.gif  11 kb

USDJPY 15mTF Trade ( Demo )

Another USDJPY Trade.

This set up has the signals in place....the CCI looks good too.

Cheers

Ant

Files:
usdjpy_1.gif  13 kb

Cable signals get you chopped up today so far.

The vertical lines were realtime signals, the first was profitable (+16)

and the following 4 all got exit signals in the red.

Files:
xo.jpg  214 kb

Ant,

I notice that your settings are different from Valeos, 60/10 instead of 60/5 on first page of thread is this intentional ?

Gordon

gordon:
Ant,

I notice that your settings are different from Valeos, 60/10 instead of 60/5 on first page of thread is this intentional ?

Gordon

Hi

Thanks for picking this up. It was not intentional. Wonder what sort of difference it makes???

Thanks

Cheers

Ant

Maury74:
Hi Valeo,

you wait the bar close and this is ok....but XO changes the past so do you refresh indicators before opening a position?? I see that refreshing can change histograms.....

South Africa...lovely and amazing place....you are lucky to live there!!!

Hi Maury, yes it is a nice place to live, thx. Come and visit some time.

Read the explanation earlier about how the XO operates. It defeats the purpose to refresh as it works in the "now" - one needs confirmation with the CCI imho - or something else for those not trading the cci. It has given pips all the time when used correctly on the GBP/USD that is.

Ant:
An Observation on EURGBP.

Using 15 min chart....I get 4 green bars yet the AscT signal to go long is 6 bars back.

Interesting.

Cheers

Ant

Ant, your settings are wrong, buddy. It should be 60/5 - 30/5 - 15/5 and 5/7 for the 5m chart. Try it please.

Reason: