The "XO"-Method......... - page 3

moneyline:
Hi All,

Would somebody post the "Woodies Double_CCI" that this thread talks about?

I've searched and haven't found it. There are a number of indicators called Woodies something or the other, but none that I can find called "Woodies Double_CCI."

I've searched this forum and also did a Google search and nothing!

Also: Would some of the more experienced traders re-establish what ARE the indicators to use? I've read the entire thread and from the start there appeared to be some mistakes. Would one of you review and indicate for surewhat are the indicators to use?

Thanks!

moneyline

What "mistakes" are you referring to, MoneyLine? I will be glad to sort them out. I have been trading full-time for the last 5 years, so my experince is "limited" but effective enough to know what I am doing. I am still learning from other people every day as I believe in having an open mind. If I posted the set-up, why should the indicators be wrong? I don't understand your "concern" - Attached is the Double_Woodies_CCI you have requested.

Files:

ValeoFX:
What "mistakes" are you referring to, MoneyLine? I will be glad to sort them out. I have been trading full-time for the last 5 years, so my experince is "limited" but effective enough to know what I am doing. I am still learning from other people every day as I believe in having an open mind. If I posted the set-up, why should the indicators be wrong? I don't understand your "concern" - Attached is the Double_Woodies_CCI you have requested.

Hi ValeoFX, thanks for your reply.

Perhaps I should have made my point clearer. I wasn't referring to your trading methodology, but more so to some of the postings at the start when mart-hart and others reported not being able to load the indicators.

As I'm sure you are aware of, things in this forum happen rather quickly and it's easy to overlook a crucial piece of information. I have nothing but the greatest respect and admiration for the more experienced members - like yourself - that take the time to help us newbies learn more about Forex.

Thanks for the indicator, I will put it to work and continue studying your system.

moneyline

moneyline:
Hi ValeoFX, thanks for your reply.

Perhaps I should have made my point clearer. I wasn't referring to your trading methodology, but more so to some of the postings at the start when mart-hart and others reported not being able to load the indicators.

As I'm sure you are aware of, things in this forum happen rather quickly and it's easy to overlook a crucial piece of information. I have nothing but the greatest respect and admiration for the more experienced members - like yourself - that take the time to help us newbies learn more about Forex.

Thanks for the indicator, I will put it to work and continue studying your system.

moneyline

You are most welcome, especially getting used to working with Woodies' CCI and the "XO-method", but once you have grasped the effects of "overheating" (when the cci-6 or also called "turbo" hits the 180-line without the cci-14 showing a trade) or (when the cci-14 hits >250-line especially together with the turbo), you will soon start to enjoy the fruits from this method of trading. I look forward to hearing about your successes.

ValeoFX:
Thanks Diver, lets hope that the guys like Kalenzo / Kerris et al find the time to heed to your call. I know it will be easy for these talented programmers on this Forum, time permitting though. ( fwiw, I made +101 on GBP/USD in 2 trades yesterday.)

Hi ValeoFX...

Im not Kalenzo or Keris but i put an alert in this indicator.. Tell me if its this that you want..

Files:
xo_alert.mq4  4 kb

pairs

Hi this is my first post on this forum.

I was wondering which pairs you find work best with this system

cheers

geoff

ValeoFX:
You are most welcome, especially getting used to working with Woodies' CCI and the "XO-method", but once you have grasped the effects of "overheating" (when the cci-6 or also called "turbo" hits the 180-line without the cci-14 showing a trade) or (when the cci-14 hits >250-line especially together with the turbo), you will soon start to enjoy the fruits from this method of trading. I look forward to hearing about your successes.

Hi Valeo

I have had this system running for a few days and it looks really nice. I was a bit hesitant to try it at first as it cannot really be backtested...the bars correcting at the close of their particular period but so far in forward testing it seems to work well. I will also need to learn to implement the CCI for this strategy to learn to see overheating. Not used CCI much.

So far demo trade USDJPY s 111.71 +31.

I will run a few pairs - 4 majors and EURGBP for fun.

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers

Ant

hellkas:
Hi ValeoFX... Im not Kalenzo or Keris but i put an alert in this indicator.. Tell me if its this that you want..

Hellkas, don't be so modest! You are a star in your own right, buddy! Thank you for this, I will test immediately and keep you guys informed.

geoffro:
Hi this is my first post on this forum.

I was wondering which pairs you find work best with this system

cheers

geoff

The only ones NOT tested are the crosses, i.e. EUR/JPY and GBP/JPY.

Reason: