The "XO"-Method......... - page 15

Ant:
Wow...there are some fantastic charts popping up here.

I think the CCI brings in a whole new story to this set up and system and the observations made by Moneyline are very interesting.

This is becoming a very interesting work in progress based on a very nice system.

Thanks everyone for sharing and great ideas and again to Valeo for his system.

Cheers

Ant

Why have you been so quiet lately, Ant? Yes, there is some awesome commitment here. If we can help each other to achieve success, why not? My contribution is the seed, whatever else has been added, the water. So together let us make it grow.

In ovservation of XO for the past week i have noticed that when XO signals to enter the curency pair will generally retrace and then continue on it's trend. Generally about 4 bars into the signal it will retrace. I guess the key is to wait for this retrace and enter at the top/bottom of it. just an observation for you all to chew on

jesseboy

jesseboy:
In ovservation of XO for the past week i have noticed that when XO signals to enter the curency pair will generally retrace and then continue on it's trend. Generally about 4 bars into the signal it will retrace. I guess the key is to wait for this retrace and enter at the top/bottom of it. just an observation for you all to chew on jesseboy

That is precisely the reason why you should use the Double_Woodies_CCI, Jesse.

Look at the entry this morning @ 03:25 est @ 1.8851. The Turbo (CCI-t) is clearly "overheated" on 180. (Unlike Mart-Hart who does not use it, I rely on the CCI-t for precisely the reason you mentioned.) It kept me out until 04:05 est @ 1.8857 (+6 pips higher), but wqithout having to sit out the retrace. (Less doubt).

However, I must add that Martin's idea of increasing the CCI from 14 to 34, is sound advice and made a hugh difference for me today.

Would like to hear your comments once you have tried this. Best wishes.

EXIT-signals on the "XO-method"..........

Now that I think I have managed to get the entries smoother, I realised that the original EXIT-rule of 2 or more bars changing colour, may be too late in some instances.

Please could we relook at this and come up with a simple rule. I have my own, but I think we need to have a simple rule here for obvious reasons.

Thanking you in advance.

Valeo, Yes I got your message, I'll send one back to you tomorrow. Thanks for the camarilla too. cheers

ValeoFX:
Goldensight, my Inbox is cleared again. Hope you received my private message to you?

ValeoFX:
Now that I think I have managed to get the entries smoother, I realised that the original EXIT-rule of 2 or more bars changing colour, may be too late in some instances.

Please could we relook at this and come up with a simple rule. I have my own, but I think we need to have a simple rule here for obvious reasons.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi,

I was travelling from asia home to europe and just got online again.

Do you use the new XO settings with the cci 34 or cci 14 now?

I like the cci 14 with its good exit signals. You can exit it when its overheating (250) or when it comes back thru the 100 after a strong move.

How exactly is the cci34 used?

Dan you can still use 14 just have a double cci.

I trade only when the 34 cci has passed 100/-100

Martin

Look at the entry this morning @ 03:25 est @ 1.8851. The Turbo (CCI-t) is clearly "overheated" on 180. (Unlike Mart-Hart who does not use it, I rely on the CCI-t for precisely the reason you mentioned.) It kept me out until 04:05 est @ 1.8857 (+6 pips higher), but wqithout having to sit out the retrace. (Less doubt).

However, I must add that Martin's idea of increasing the CCI from 14 to 34, is sound advice and made a hugh difference for me today.

Hi Valeo,

I tried Martin's idea with increasing the CCI to 34, and on the date you mention above it brings the CCI from a too-hot-to-handle 250 (14 period), to a reasonable 100 (34 period). How can that be?

How 'bout when CCI >250 ? Or the CCI hooks counter-trend? Also: When the CCI-T crosses CCI counter-trend, toward the zero line? (quite accurate!)

Thanks!

moneyline

mart-hart:
Dan you can still use 14 just have a double cci.

I trade only when the 34 cci has passed 100/-100

Martin

Dan, I must say that I find Martin's suggested 34 absolutely "deadly" - we just have to learn to "see" the exits (when the 14 overheats) on the 34. I will let you know how I am doing with it.

moneyline:
Hi Valeo,

I tried Martin's idea with increasing the CCI to 34, and on the date you mention above it brings the CCI from a too-hot-to-handle 250 (14 period), to a reasonable 100 (34 period). How can that be?

How 'bout when CCI >250 ? Or the CCI hooks counter-trend? Also: When the CCI-T crosses CCI counter-trend, toward the zero line? (quite accurate!)

Thanks!

moneyline

Yes, Moneyline, I agree to some degree, however there are times when it just continues to run past up to the 350-line. It may not be enough, but let us keep an eye on it for the next week and exchange ideas.

CCI-hooks are usually very reliable, but the CCI-t hooks sometimes for just another run in the original direction.

Personally I use 2 LSMAs set at 21 and 34 on the 5m and found them to be deadly accurate. Stay in as long as the 21_LSMA is unchanged and start looking at exiting as soon as the 21 gives the signal. However, do not underestimate the 34-LSMA. The first change on the 21 is just an "early warning" - Thank you for your diligence, friend.

Reason: