The "XO"-Method......... - page 2

Hi,

Ok, so what you are saying is that the signals given at the time of the trade are accurate, regardless of the fact that the indicator may change later.

I shall continue to follow the indicator as it appears to be accurate as you say as long as this is understood.

Napeharm

napeharm:
Hi,

Ok, so what you are saying is that the signals given at the time of the trade are accurate, regardless of the fact that the indicator may change later.

I shall continue to follow the indicator as it appears to be accurate as you say as long as this is understood.

Napeharm

Yes, that is how I trade it. Let me know as you progress please.

napeharm:
Hi,

Napeharm

This afternoon I experienced what you were mentioning, however it was no problem as I run the "XO" on a 30-m chart seperately during the testing phase. The 5m trading chart indicated a Short while the 30-m chart was not ready yet and after refreshing the 5m chart, it showed the correct reading of the 30-m chart. So, yes it seems as if we have a problem when it comes to writing the EA, which I am happy to report is in the process of being designed. Hopefully we can get it sorted out, but today I was in 5 trades all positive for a total of +91 pips. There is merit here imho.

Awesome indicator, ValeoFX, thank you very much for sharing. Is there anyway we can make it give an audio alert when it changes color?

I'll try to clarify how the MTF indicators work. When I first put them together, I knew that they "repainted" themselves, but not in the way you may be thinking.

The MTF indicators show the longer timeframe in increments of the shorter timeframe. So, you see the progression of the longer timeframe. Example: MTF 30 on a M5 chart. At :05, :10, :15, :20, and :25, you see exactly what has been happening on the M30 bar. At the close of :30 the MTF bar will look just like the bar on the M30 timeframe. The next MTF bar (:35) starts the progression of the next M30 bar.

So, as I said, you see the progression of the longer timeframe. When you remove and reattach an MTF indicator, all the data telling it about the progession is gone, so all it can do is look at the OHLC of the M30 bar. Thus, it appears as though the indicator "repainted" itself, when it's really just showing you what the closing values are on the longer timeframe bar. It's the same data you got on the :30 MTF bar.

The main idea behind them is that they let you see what is happening right now on different timeframes, without the need for multiple charts. Kinda like the Forex Freeway indicator.

I know that all sounds confusing, but it's really quite simple. Just hard to explain. Let me know if you have any questions.

Keris

keris2112:
I'll try to clarify how the MTF indicators work. When I first put them together, I knew that they "repainted" themselves, but not in the way you may be thinking.

The MTF indicators show the longer timeframe in increments of the shorter timeframe. So, you see the progression of the longer timeframe. Example: MTF 30 on a M5 chart. At :05, :10, :15, :20, and :25, you see exactly what has been happening on the M30 bar. At the close of :30 the MTF bar will look just like the bar on the M30 timeframe. The next MTF bar (:35) starts the progression of the next M30 bar.

So, as I said, you see the progression of the longer timeframe. When you remove and reattach an MTF indicator, all the data telling it about the progession is gone, so all it can do is look at the OHLC of the M30 bar. Thus, it appears as though the indicator "repainted" itself, when it's really just showing you what the closing values are on the longer timeframe bar. It's the same data you got on the :30 MTF bar.

The main idea behind them is that they let you see what is happening right now on different timeframes, without the need for multiple charts. Kinda like the Forex Freeway indicator.

I know that all sounds confusing, but it's really quite simple. Just hard to explain. Let me know if you have any questions.

Keris

Keris, I want to first and foremost thank you for the work you have put into this! You are a brilliant star! I am sold on this method and the results show. I use the CCI to "filter" out certain "knee-jerks" in price, but the results are stunning to say the least. I want to ask you something else, but I will rather contact you through e-mail as it is not related to this thread. Thank you again.

I'm new to the MT4 platform and have been spending some time getting to know it. However I don't know how to put in the EA's that are created by the programmers. Also how do you put in the indicators like the XO for this system? I would like to start forwrd testing systems like these but I need help setting them up, if anyone reading this can help me set this system up it would be greatly appreciated

Hi Keris2112,

Good explanation about how the mtf works, thanks for that.

Napeharm

colnc:
I'm new to the MT4 platform and have been spending some time getting to know it. However I don't know how to put in the EA's that are created by the programmers. Also how do you put in the indicators like the XO for this system? I would like to start forwrd testing systems like these but I need help setting them up, if anyone reading this can help me set this system up it would be greatly appreciated

Hi colnc,

Close your MT4 and then put the indicators in the indicators folder, should be somewhere in "Program Files," ( C:\Program Files\Your MT4 version\experts\indicators) depending on the version you are using. The EA's go on the root of the experts folder. Then go ahead and re-start the MT4 platform and you should see the indicators in your custom indicator list.

moneyline

Hi All,

Would somebody post the "Woodies Double_CCI" that this thread talks about?

I've searched and haven't found it. There are a number of indicators called Woodies something or the other, but none that I can find called "Woodies Double_CCI."

I've searched this forum and also did a Google search and nothing!

Also: Would some of the more experienced traders re-establish what ARE the indicators to use? I've read the entire thread and from the start there appeared to be some mistakes. Would one of you review and indicate for surewhat are the indicators to use?

Thanks!

moneyline

Reason: