The "XO"-Method......... - page 14

mart-hart:
Thanks valeo for all your work on this and sharing your set up.

I think CCI makes the best chop indicator and look for a brake out of the 100 lines, 14 is a bit lively for this though and have set mine at 34.

I think the trade is still in play above the 250 and would maybe look to exit when the line retraces to the 250.

I have used BT instead of asct and have also the MTF BT at 15 mins.

Excellent work, Mart! Your set-up looks great.

What is BT please? Could you send it to me? Thanks in anticipation.

Inbox now cleared again....

goldensight:
Hi Valeo, I attempted to send you a reply pm today but after I sent it it said "this members inbox is too full to receive anymore messages they need to empty inbox to create more space" or something to that effect. I'll try again tomorrow. cheers, Goldensight

Goldensight, my Inbox is cleared again. Hope you received my private message to you?

Camarilla.......

goldensight:
Valeo, I have two camarilla mq4 in my toolbox and used to have the one that you have. I have been searching for the one that you have in a few of your posts, could you post that specific camarilla here so that I can use it? Thanks for considering that.

As per your request, attached is the Camarilla I am using. I take the liberty to upload the RD_Pivotlines for your perusal.

"XO-Template"

hellkas:
hi Valeo...

Thank you for this fantastic method...

Could u please post your template?

Thank you

Hellkas, will it really serve any purpose? Not that I mind, but you guys are good at putting your charts together. Just look at Moneyline and Mart_Hart's as examples. Can you ask for anything better?

Yes..

Braintrading indicators are here, I just use BT 1

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172908

MTF-BT are here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172939/page17

Martin

Moneyline observations........

moneyline:
EUR/USD (24 hour time period)

Using the criteria in this post we have 13 opportunities for good trades.

Assorted Observations:

** I've noticed the ASCTrend indicator together with Woodie's Double CCI work rather well in conjunction. When the ASCTrend happens to signal as the CCI is first indicating a trend change, either right on the zero line, or only 1 bar to the right of it, those signals appear to be the most energetic and reliable. Of course, there can be secondary positive indicators involved, such as the TCCI on Woodie's is going in the same direction and angle.

**I know this isn't the way Woodie's is supposed to be used. However, the above relationships will jump out at you! Check it out for yourself: go ahead and place a line on each ASCTrend signal that happens to fall right on, or 1 bar to the right of a CCI trend change...notice the very high amount of good signals?

**I've gone backwards on EUR/USD, GBP/USD and USD/CHF and my small preliminary investigation noticed the above points. Of course, since the ASCTrend stops issuing signals about a day into the past, that's all the back-testing I can do. The charting application I've used is MT4 from the Fibo Group.

**Please take a look at the attached EUR/USD chart and you'll notice I've marked all the trends that fit the above criteria. Between EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and USD/CHF there have been 42 such trades in the last 24 hours (see graphics), and they all had the potential to make money. That's 100% !!!

**These are the parameters I used to identify the profitable trades:

All I did was take note when a signal was made and if I could have made money by entering the trade. I know there are many other considerations that go into the desision to exit a trade; yet and still, most of the not-so-good trades - that broke even, or only made a couple of pips - are more than compensated by the hugely profitable ones.

**What I like most about this criteria is that when you lose, you lose less or break even. When you win, you win more! The net result is that you stand to keep most of your capital intact...I love capital preservation!

**Valeo: This study wasn't done using the XO indicators. I've been looking at your method and couldn't help but notice this. Is there a way to get the ASCTrend to work farther into the past?

**Also: I invite all to look at the data and dissect it at will! If I've made mistakes and my interpretation is faulty, do let me know.

CCI Entry Points(I've used values without plus (+) or minus (-), since they mean the same thing):

EUR/USD:.....69% of the action is between 0 and 100

0 --> 23%

50-> 23%

100-> 23%

180-> 31%

GBP/USD.....76% of the action is between 0 and 100

0 --> 46%

50 -> 15%

100 ->15%

180-> 23%

USD/CHF.....93.5% of the action is between 0 and 100

0 --> 25%

50 -> 56%

100->12.5%

150->6.25%

All the above combined, 81% of the action is between 0 and 100

0 --> 31%

50-->33%

100->17%

150->2%

180->17%

GBP/USD (24 hour time period)

Here you can see there were 13 trading opportunities.

USD/CHF (24 hour time period)

OK, here we have another 16 potential profitable trades on the USD/CHF

As Valeo and some of you know, I hang out at the CatFX50 forum much of the time. I would like to continue developing Valeo's excellent method and refine it as much as possible. I do like the fact it's fast moving and doesn't depend on always having to be near the 50 EMA line, as in CatFX50. That's not to take anything away from CatFX50, or Nina's great commitment, but I do look forward to using this method when I can't use CatFX50. The best of both worlds!

moneyline

Allow me to compliment you on some outstanding work, Moneyline! Excellent.

Like you, I also "hang around" CatFX-forum as Nina has done some excellent work. What a privilege to be able to combine the two. I follow Harold's method all the time when it gets time to implement the 30-m strategy.

Answering your questions addressed to me......

jesseboy:
I first want to just say that I like this strategy and I will plan on helping out the community with improving it and commenting on how my trades go with it.

I have a few questions for you Valeo.

1. on that last post you made where you were showing the 5/10 setting which you said would help the choppiness, I looked at your screenshot and noticed that the setting for 5/10 only said 10 and didn't seemed to be using the "ZZ MTF XO" indicator. it looked to be using the XO_ALERT.mq4 which was posted earlier. is that true, Or should I be using the "ZZ MTF XO"? Which indicator were you using for that new strategy of the 5/10 setting?

Very astute, Jesse! Yes, it is the plain XO.mq4. Reason being that I have noticed on the 1-m chart that there is a discrepancy, so I am testing the 5-m ZZ_MTF_XO on another screen at the same time so that I can confirm whether there are any discrepancies, but so far, it seems that it only shows up on the 1-m chart.

2. Secondly I'm curious, what are good settings for the 1min. charts using this method? What should my XO settings be at?

I use the same settings, i.e. 60/7; 30/7; 15/7; 5/10 and then the plain XO.mq4 @ 7. (Works like a charm and warns you ahead of immenent entry.)

4. With that new XO_ALERT indicator, what will occur when it alerts me? Is it a message on the screen?

Yes, it is a message on the screen.

3. Finally I have attached a screenshot of how my setup looks. I want to get some feedback on if everything looks right to you guys? Does it look like I have things setup correctly?

Seems good to me, you may want to look at Mart_Hart's as another option?

thanks

jesseboy

Thank you for helping us here. Much appreciated.

Thank you for the Indicators...

mart-hart:
Yes..

Braintrading indicators are here, I just use BT 1

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172908

MTF-BT are here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172939/page17

Martin

Thank you kindly, Martin. As always much appreciated.

Money-line, I missed the question you asked me....

Sorry, Money-Line, I missed the question regarding the AscTrend.

When you click on Modify, I notice that on Line-43 of the AscTrend I have set my "look-back" at 1,000 bars. So if you increase that, I am sure it will go the full period that you are looking at.

Best wishes, always.

Wow...there are some fantastic charts popping up here.

I think the CCI brings in a whole new story to this set up and system and the observations made by Moneyline are very interesting.

This is becoming a very interesting work in progress based on a very nice system.

Thanks everyone for sharing and great ideas and again to Valeo for his system.

Cheers

Ant

Reason: