The "XO"-Method......... - page 76

Where are all the Homies? I've been busy working on other projects but still use this. Anybody?

Pip Trip:
Where are all the Homies? I've been busy working on other projects but still use this. Anybody?

Hi there my friend. Yes, it still produces faithfully as long as you trust it and trade it religiously. The CCI_filters have added a great deal to filter out the noise, but I do believe we could improve this method significantly during this month. My testing phase should be completed by then and I will "reveal" the replacement by end of October if all goes well. So far so good.

Best wishes always.

Right on my friend - looking forward to your testing! Good luck in the meantime.

ValeoFX:
Hi there my friend. Yes, it still produces faithfully as long as you trust it and trade it religiously. The CCI_filters have added a great deal to filter out the noise, but I do believe we could improve this method significantly during this month. My testing phase should be completed by then and I will "reveal" the replacement by end of October if all goes well. So far so good. Best wishes always.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to sep up the X0 trading system which looks very promising, so I read the ValeoFX instructions on the first thread but I have a few questions about the setting of the indicators.

1) ValeoFX says that the ZZ_4_TF_XO indicator settings are "60/5; 30/6; 15/5; 5/5". I don't understand what this list means since the ZZ_4_TF_XO has 9 entry parameters (KirPER, TF1,...).

2) What's the role of ZZ_MTF_X0_A ? What does ValeoFX mean by "run it separately" ?

3) The Forex Freedom indicator is made up of 4 bars. How to interpret it ?

4) I can't read the Double Woodies CCI indicator which seems quite complex, what's the meaning of its colors ? Must we use the entry CCI line ?

And a last question : which is the best timeframe to use the X0 trading system ?

I thank in advance the experimented X0 traders for giving me a hand.

Regards,

Mark

Mark53:
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to sep up the X0 trading system which looks very promising, so I read the ValeoFX instructions on the first thread but I have a few questions about the setting of the indicators.

1) ValeoFX says that the ZZ_4_TF_XO indicator settings are "60/5; 30/6; 15/5; 5/5". I don't understand what this list means since the ZZ_4_TF_XO has 9 entry parameters (KirPER, TF1,...).

Ignore the very 1st KirPER. Secondly the TFs are 5/15/30/60. Thirdly, the KirPERS after that are marked 1 - 4. Set them @ 5 all the way.

2) What's the role of ZZ_MTF_X0_A ? What does ValeoFX mean by "run it separately" ?

This should be set @4 (KirPER) and 240 as TF. This shows you what is happening inside the 4HR_chart. What is meant by "run it seperately is that you need to open an extra small window.

3) The Forex Freedom indicator is made up of 4 bars. How to interpret it ?

These are 4 different TFs. They should align in colour.

4) I can't read the Double Woodies CCI indicator which seems quite complex, what's the meaning of its colors ? Must we use the entry CCI line ?

Best is to study Woodie's website for best explanation of the CCI there are no short-cuts here I am afraid. Colours are pretty much speaking for itself. Yes, you may use the ZERO-LINE as entry.

And a last question : which is the best timeframe to use the X0 trading system ?

You most certainly did not read the Thread, Mark. The TF is 5M.

I thank in advance the experimented X0 traders for giving me a hand.

Do yourself a favour and read the entire Thread.

Regards,

Mark

Mark, it is best to read the entire Thread and not just the first page; sorry but you have "arrived" late so you must be prepared to do some work.

Having said that however, the answers you are looking for is in BLUE inside your questions.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX,

I'm sorry, but I can't spend 40 hours reading the whole 756 posts of this thread without being sure that your method is working. There are way too many trading systems on this forum to be tested. I have a life... ;-)

You chose to start a thread to propose a method, and that's quite nice of you. Now, is it too much to ask you to put all basic information in your FIRST POST and to update it whenever you change the official settings ? This forum works this way. If everything is clear, there shouldn't even be the least question ! So, you'll be the first person to gain time...

About Forex Freedom, it's what I thought, all bars must be of the same color to validate an entry. But on a chart I enclosed, you can see a well formed downtrend with the Forex Freedom indicator having a red and a blue bar. So, I guess there won't be valid signal on this area hence a loss of potential pips...

I've started reading Woodies forum. His techniques are a bit complicated and not always very precise (for instance about zones where ZLRs can appear), but it's another trading system.

About the timeframe, I fear I should not have to read the entire thread to know about it since it's the MOST basic information concerning a system and it should be in your first post...

I precise I've had a global look at your thread, but I didn't find precise answers to my questions.

After all, ValeoFX, it's your thread, it's up to you to share your information or not. Now, if more people can test your method, you'll get much more feedback and maybe improvements.

Regards,

Mark

Files:
x0.jpg  242 kb

not to take anything away from valeo s method which is effective i have a slightly different version of his 2 ema 34 and 200 rsi14 and cci 34 with mid levels on each histo step stoc bars set at 2000 and of course the original XO set at 4.5 when all line up and price closes above 34 enter on break of that candle with pp as targets let me know what you think

Files:
55.gif  29 kb

Mark53

Having the Forex Freedom indicator is not a requisite for entering a trade for his system. ValeoFX had provided this as a extra measure of security for entering a trade safely, and not get killed. The more confirmation you have, the better. You can find an explanation of this indicator by searching for this forum.

european:
Some people are so lazy! They expect everything done for them - ready on the plate...

I wish I had a silver plate handed to me :-)

Mark53:
ValeoFX,

I'm sorry, but I can't spend 40 hours reading the whole 756 posts of this thread without being sure that your method is working. There are way too many trading systems on this forum to be tested. I have a life... ;-)

Regards,

Mark

It takes months and years to develop a good strategy.

Some people are so lazy, even to read the tread! They expect everything done for them - ready on the plate...

Reason: