The "XO"-Method......... - page 99

ssotiro:
I've been (quietly) following the XO method almost since you first posted it.

Prior to that, I did not trade 5min TF because I thought I could not find a realiable syatem for this small TF.

Thanks for your efforts and a happy 2007 to all (I know it's a bit late, but I just got back home from holidays).

Thank you for your good wishes; never too late for that. Wishing you good pips this coming year and with the new improvements, who knows, you might even be happier.

Best wishes to you and your family too.

how it works

Hi! After I bought a commercial system, which I find very disappointing I googled for other systems and found your amazing free system.

I am totally new to metatrader, but I already loaded your template. So many indicators. I have a hard time to understand your system. I already read the first page, and I am getting an idea of it.

As I see it, it doesnt look so good on EUR/USD, but cable is fine, USD/CHF, also GBP/JPN.

What pairs would you recommend to trade? How do you guys do at all trade with it, which success?

Any answers and tipps can you also send to my email: b58wr-chat@yahoo.de

for not loading this forum with my newby questions.

Have a nice weekend!

Woodcrusher:
Hi! After I bought a commercial system, which I find very disappointing I googled for other systems and found your amazing free system.

I am totally new to metatrader, but I already loaded your template. So many indicators. I have a hard time to understand your system. I already read the first page, and I am getting an idea of it.

As I see it, it doesnt look so good on EUR/USD, but cable is fine, USD/CHF, also GBP/JPN.

What pairs would you recommend to trade? How do you guys do at all trade with it, which success?

Any answers and tipps can you also send to my email: b58wr-chat@yahoo.de

for not loading this forum with my newby questions.

Have a nice weekend!

Like any other system, you must go with the rules to make a good entry, you can't just trade blindly. The EURUSD and GBPUSD is fine with me, I avoid non-USD pairs simply because of the exchange rate back to USD must be taken into consideration. You will fine that this system is most profitable during the Eurpoean and early US session to get the momentum. You can use this system on the 5M or 15M TF....

15 M settings

Hello Chaps,

When trading a 15 minute chart do you alter the various indicators accordingly?

Bonnie:
Hello Chaps, When trading a 15 minute chart do you alter the various indicators accordingly?

Yes, you should change the CCI to 55/13 and the EMAs accordingly.

Best wishes.

Hello Valeo,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I had read about those changes but I was thinking more of the various XO and SuperTrend indicators actually as changing those (to 15,30,60,240 for example) does seem to have quite an impact.

Hello Bonnie,

Now we have 5 supertrend indicators, and each is designed for a particular time frame

And for the xo, most of them have the time frame hard-coded

In other words, time frame don't matter for supertrend and xo

Thanks Big Joe,

I've not used these indicators before so I'm still in learning mode

Regarding repainting

Hi everyone

ValeoFX ,your system is amazing.But i doesn't seem to get the logic behind repainting the past, why doesn't the indicators leave the past as it is, your point is if we take the present trade if it repaints the past also we will be in a profitable position. But if it shows the exact values as it is showing in the live trading ,we will know what mistakes we have committed and where we have went wrong. Does it anything to do with the indicators.

Thanks once again for your amazing system.

krvthj:
Hi everyone

ValeoFX ,your system is amazing.But i doesn't seem to get the logic behind repainting the past, why doesn't the indicators leave the past as it is, your point is if we take the present trade if it repaints the past also we will be in a profitable position. But if it shows the exact values as it is showing in the live trading ,we will know what mistakes we have committed and where we have went wrong. Does it anything to do with the indicators.

Thanks once again for your amazing system.

Sorry for the late reply, but I had difficulty getting into the website.

Firstly, make sure that you have a dedicated 5M chart (and/or 15m chart) otherwise it will allow the longer settings to reset and that you don't want. If you do not change the TF, it stays put and you can even safely do some "back-testing" without any problems.

Why does it do it? Because the 60M candle has 12 x 5M candles and therefore once the 60M has closed and you swicth from 5M to 15M and back, the #MTF_XO will then take the reading of the 60M as "set-in-stone" and change it. The cahnge that occur during the trade is the correct one and very, very accurate as you will soon find out.

I am "dying" to show you guys how I have improved the method, but I want this month to confirm 2 months of live trading with the refinement first. I have given it to some of my friends already and they are pretty critical and very good traders and if they are satisfied, I will post it in 2 weeks' time. So, get to know the method and ask when in doubt.

Best wishes.

Reason: