Harmonic Trading - page 552

Jack1:
Hi,

I am reading code. I found,

(1). writeInfo or readInfo with a file in zup v148 do not work or hasn't test yet.

(2). "patternNumber" get the value is incorrect when show multiple past patterns, ExtGartleyTypeSearch = 1 or =2, which should point to last pattern. So, Alert won't work.

Hi,

I found I had to trace back the requisites and even then ended up making some changes to get the Print pattern, image and PlayAlert to work.

I'm finding 3 places PlayAlert gets referenced and many times all three of them alert. It also seems to alert continually on a new pattern I assume might have to do with HH or LL prior to a key level getting reached. This I think should only happen when the pattern matures to a valid cellebration level, but many of these patterns seem not yet to be validated, so it's a catch 22 if you have many or all patterns being sought. Running on 15 pairs in full search mode, my office sounds like an arcade and it drives me nuts verifying incomplete patterns.

There hasn't been a lot of response to support requests on this version. I think Poruchik or Nen just trimmed a prior version to get compilation in build 600+ working for users so we would have a current place to move forward from. I haven't seen indication of longer term future plans if any exist.

I'd like a switch to quiet alarms to identify only coherent patterns matured, but I'm still way to unfamiliar with the design to suggest something to work globally in keeping with the fine efforts made by these authors. For now I'm just hacking locally and looking to find interest among those who might care to move 148 ahead.

I am finding, in a scalping sort of approach, you need to get on the order placement very timely if you want to rely on scaling back out to begin at 38%, etc. Many times I entered at 24% and ended up with unacceptably high loss to win ratios and larger losses than tolerable at those levels if I held the stop back at the PRZ. If I tightened the stop at 24% entry it usually gets spanked prematurely on small retraces / fake outs.

I'm thinking of doing a UDP stream interface as the print / read file process is rather archaic for integration and invites drive congestion on higher volume applications in slower machines. A lot of work has been done by author's to improve performance which I think has worked well.

We seem to share some similar findings. Hopefully more interest will follow.

AFP

Hi,

I am still reading the code for understand of it and write some English comment in code to let it easy to read and remember.

Due to time constraint, my process will be quite slow. I will release my marked version v150 with English comment.

Then, I try to modify it to find out next emerging pattern (X-A-B-C - D ??? C to D still going) ? and give me a alert.

Now, I am reading the pattern search subroutine. I am not sure if I can release v150.

Cable is at bottom, now. Next is a strong momentum up swing to run over 1.7000 to see 1.7060. oh.

Jack1:
Hi, I am still reading the code for understand of it and write some English comment in code to let it easy to read and remember. [...]

Jack,

I was able to dump the entire code set into Google Translate and copy / paste the majority of comments that way in V148.

Only a suggestion but you may want to look at the binary filter method shown as "visiblePattern" external variable and reverse the pattern search algo by each bit represented there, to discover which patterns. Otherwise it is possible to have the EA create / read a corresponding CSV to create the binary patterns as desired, if I understand the process correctly. I'm unsure how many patterns V148 actually searches but the header commenting speaks to many of them and some of them have individual switches to turn them on / off, in the parameter listing.

I believe ExtIndicator set to 11 with ExtGartleyTypeSearch set to 1, "should" show many of them same time within historical limits set.

The alert functions are ExtAlert (for alerting on new zig-zag), and ExtPlayAlert, (which should alert on "new pattern" detected). ExtPlayAlert has the side effect of alerting each time a current pattern extends it's D leg per tick. It is many alerts with many charts being monitored but may perhaps be unavoidable within the appropriate MaxD range the pattern is valid for since each new level of correct XD is a new level of same pattern. IMO the alert should only fire when a new pattern is first discovered and a different alert when pattern has hit maximum D potential. Unsure of this approach to reduce alert frequency I am also unsure the alert functions are 100% finite correct from original author's work. I find at least three places alerts are generated, including an email output option having been added.

I'm starting to think this design may be best approached from a UML finite analysis method to construct and define the exacting pattern potentials, which ultimately may prove to be nearly boundless.

Good luck in your efforts,

Afp

edibourse:
Hi all !,

am interesting to trade pattern AB=CD because I find the Stop Loss very close.

Someone know what is the best target for this pattern for Take profit ?

Many thanks in advance !

if you have read the book "harmonic trading volume 1, chapter 11", you will find the answer.

bzs:
if you have read the book "harmonic trading volume 1, chapter 11", you will find the answer.

This one : Amazon.com: Harmonic Trading, Volume One: Profiting from the Natural Order of the Financial Markets (9780137051502): Scott M. Carney: Books

hi guys

can anyone help

so many settings in the inputs to understand.

also so many differentzup indicators

i would like a chart of classic harmonic patterns,,,cypher bat gartley etc ,,pasevento and classic along with abcd patterns

i would like to indicator to pick up all the patterns and also plot the emerging future patterns too.

what is so off putting is the fib lines all over the charts

nothing better then a simple clean chart with coloured patterns on it.

so which zup indicator is best and which settings?

600+ build pls

poruchik:
Sometimes 1 drawing is better than 1000 words

I think he wants the emerging pattern recognition to predict the target/reversal point.

devontrader:
hi guys

can anyone help

so many settings in the inputs to understand.

also so many differentzup indicators

i would like a chart of classic harmonic patterns,,,cypher bat gartley etc ,,pasevento and classic along with abcd patterns

i would like to indicator to pick up all the patterns and also plot the emerging future patterns too.

what is so off putting is the fib lines all over the charts

nothing better then a simple clean chart with coloured patterns on it.

so which zup indicator is best and which settings?

600+ build pls

You mean something like this?

Files:
usdjpyh4.png  71 kb

Matfx and knightrider...you.guys are brilliant....i meant what both of you posted.

i like to see both on charts.

could you post the indicator and template or email me

devontrader@gmail.com

personally for.me id like to have this on chart then se what more could be added

I have made a template consist of classic patterns, cypher and AB=CD. But sometimes it will should Shark patterns, just play around the ZigZag settings.

Make sure you have place all the indicators in the correct folder.

ZUP not yet implement emerging patterns as i know, maybe you can ask Poruchik. The chart posted by KnightRider are coded for FXCM TradingStation.

Files:
zup_v148.rar  1103 kb
148_3zzz.tpl  23 kb
Reason: