Exit strategies - page 2

Thanks for making that clear

Hi Thanks ubc. I have updated post 6 to include the latest version of the ea. I have modified it to try and handle multiple orders with the same magic number, and have added the option to not send mail messages. How it exits is still the same. Comments welcome.

Here is the ea to manually open trades and automatically have an email sent to you when u do so. Big thanks to Codersguru again - I used much of his code here. I will write explanation notes in the next version.

I tried to trade manually - listening to all the news reports and reading fundamental reports, but it sure did not work for me - so I am giving other ea's a try again.

Files:

hi cardio

after compile i have warning that picture

Files:
bs036.png  6 kb
bs037.png  7 kb

Just warnings

Hi

Those are just warnings - they are for functions that are not used in the ea, they won't result in any problems.

Indicator for Takeprofit point/ trend is over?

Which indicator is good in showing when to take profit / when the trend is over?

Hope for help.

hello

very difficult question.....................no one knows when the trend ist over

but if you want to work with price targets there are a lot of information here you can study........

search for fibonacci, gann, support & resistance, and try to find the overal condition of the market( Trend, consolidation, Volatility) to define reversal points. I found also very useful to find a way to define overextended price situations which will revert to its mean, but this has nothing to do with price targets....

good look

regards lodol

Trend End

Is anyone suggest how to detect trend end?

seek for code that can enter/exit by price stage

seek for code that can enter/exit by price stage

for example, i buy eurusd at 1.2600, at i will open buy pos when the price at 1.2580,1.2560 ..

exit also the same --> close buy at 1.7000, 1.710, 1.7020~ ~

so that i can exit at better price--> seems like anti -trailing stop

Pierce:
Which indicator is good in showing when to take profit / when the trend is over? Hope for help.

Yes... It's hard question. Usually I stick with Support and Resistance level and crossing of my MA, using 30 and 90 for longer term and stochastic with default parameter.

But it's depend on your trading preferences. My method work (55%) on day trading. Usually I hold for a week or two weeks. Sometimes I got crap out too, and the annoying part is I don't know why my butt got kicked in the market. I'm still learning, would love any comments. (got a weak side in fundamental)

Use ADX

ooandajb certainly covers most of the conventional exit methods. But, a great indicator for exiting a good trending trade is the ADX (Average Directional Movement Index). When the Strength Index hits a peak or hit the 30-40 level and starts down, that's the time to exit with a nice profit. Read up on this indicator and it will help you get out with some pips.

For exits, either my MAs recross in the other direction (auto trading) either I use support & resistance zones. And one other thing which is handy is this:

You simply use the fast MA (aqua line) and when the price goes below (in a long) you exit. See what happened next:

Reason: