Harmonic Trading - page 27

here is the latest analisis according to the patterns and potential reversal zones for USDJPY

Need help to get started

Thank you for the facinating thread and screenshots. Before I start with my questions I would need help to find the correct settings.

I will attach one chart which show the a.zz indicator, I do not know what to do with it and what parameters I have to change to achive results?

The other charts shows the fibo numbers presetted on my fib tool, I think I will have to add a few more to get the numbers you are presenting on your projections and retracements?

TIA

Tom

Files:

viennatrader:
Thank you for the facinating thread and screenshots. Before I start with my questions I would need help to find the correct settings.

I will attach one chart which show the a.zz indicator, I do not know what to do with it and what parameters I have to change to achive results?

The other charts shows the fibo numbers presetted on my fib tool, I think I will have to add a few more to get the numbers you are presenting on your projections and retracements?

TIA

Tom

hi

as i see in your pics u attached just a_zz indicator.it is just a kind of zigzag indicator and the main harminic indicator use this for determining the patterns.so u do not need to put the indicator on your charts.u should put it in your indicators folder then put the harmonic indicator on your charts.besides as u can see in my screen shots i do not use any indicator it is better determining the patterns manually(of course a special thanks to shadowwz for his fantastic job to make the indicator).for start u can check your charts and probable patterns with the indicator but as a suggestion i say to u find them manually.

to put it simply u plot worng indicator on your charts.

Note:u must use metatrader platform build 190 or higher.

Thank you for the fast reply!

Ahh okay now I understand! Where do I find the harmonic indicator? I search this thread but must have overlooked it?

I totally agree that manual research and drawing brings you down to the basics and enables yourself to learn from the scratch!

I do understand when you draw x/A/B/C but I have no clue how you come up with the fib numbers (the dashed lines)!

If you ever find the time it would be great if you could explain what you do step by step as soon as you see a interesting chart formation!? i.e. the weekly eur/gbp chart you posted. how do you come up with the 0.764, 1.270 lines?

Thanks again!

Tom

Edit: I think I finally found the harmony indicator...is the one on page 7 the latest one...it got the number #05 !?

Files:

update

Hi,

- added custom color settings.

- added C point mandatory position check.

Cheers.

Files:

ShadowWz:
Hi,

- added custom color settings.

- added C point mandatory position check.

Cheers.

again thank u shadowwz

kamyar

I have both the a.zz and the a.zigzag indicator in my indicators folder, I use version 191 and I downloaded the newest harmony indicator to my indicators folder as well. I can see the a.zz or the zigzag but nothing which indicates the harmony works as it should.

Could you tell me how the different parameters have to be set? Maybe a screenshot would help so I can compare my outputs (a soon as I get one) with the correct ones!

Thanks

Tom

Just curious

Hi Kamyar,

I've been watching this thread, it is very interesting.

Sometimes old trading ideas are the best ideas, if you can quantify them with modern analysis and testing procedures.

I'd like to know, How did you get X point? is it an extreme point? (highest or lowest).

I Read Pesavento's book.

AB should be 61.8% of XA

BC should be 61.8 - 78.6 % of AB

CD should be 127.0 - 161.8 % of BC

AD should be 78.6% of XA.

So, finding X point is the main of Gartley system, isn't it?.

What time frame this system working properly?

BTW, Do u have "Profits in the Stock Market by Harold M Gartley" ?

Thanks

viennatrader:
I have both the a.zz and the a.zigzag indicator in my indicators folder, I use version 191 and I downloaded the newest harmony indicator to my indicators folder as well. I can see the a.zz or the zigzag but nothing which indicates the harmony works as it should.

Could you tell me how the different parameters have to be set? Maybe a screenshot would help so I can compare my outputs (a soon as I get one) with the correct ones!

Thanks

Tom

hi tom

take a look at the pic it is the harmonic trader indicator and it's own default setting.

hi

I do understand when you draw x/A/B/C but I have no clue how you come up with the fib numbers (the dashed lines)!

it is nothing very strengh just kind of showing the corelation between waves take a look at the pic u will find.

If you ever find the time it would be great if you could explain what you do step by step as soon as you see a interesting chart formation!? i.e. the weekly eur/gbp chart you posted. how do you come up with the 0.764, 1.270 lines?

as i said these r the ideal and most practical ratios in forex.maybe by the end of this week i will explain in detail.

Reason: