MQL4 Learning - page 3

MQL Programming question..

Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to place 'wingdings' at XY co-ordinates (NOT Time/Price co-ords.) in separate windows??? I've being trying for about 2hrs and have reached the conclusion it can't be done. Can anyone provide a solution???

How to create a candlestick chart as an indicator?

Folks,

Is it possible to create candlestick like chart in the seperate indicator window?

I want to draw candlestick price in a seperate indicator window for a currency.

Thanks,

Kash

need a professional programmer

hi everybody,

i have a trading strategy needing a for programming and testing.surely some enhacment as well.

i'm willing to pay a professional in this domain to help me.

Thanks,

YOLO

How do MT4 EAs handle trade errors?

I've read a lot about re-quotes and failed orders with different brokers, but I'm wondering how these are handled by EAs in MT4... if a price quote is outside the specified slippage will it just keep trying until it gets the price it wants, or will the trade be abandoned? What if the order is rejected for some server glitch or other... does MT4 keep trying to get the order accepted?

Many EAs rely on being able to place, modify or close a position when the proper time comes, and it seems to me it would be a disaster if it just bails out under error conditions. I'm just wondering if some EA guru could explain just how these situations get handled...

THX.

Problem Setting Up Publisher Option

I wish to post my trades on live ftp server every 30 minutes using the MT4 publisher option but I get an error everytime.

I would request members who have successfully set it up to guide me with the steps what am i doing wrong

Custom Indicator Execute OrderModify()?

Hi

I have a custom indicator that works very nicely and I'd like it to modify my order at certain points. It seems like it doesn't want to execute an OrderModify() function and keeps returning error number 4055 just after I make the function call.

Can I run order functions buy/sell/modify etc from an indicator and if not can somebody offer a solution?

Thanks

Lux

Limit orders & EA's

How does one tell from the MQL API if a limit order has been opened?

question as to getting files

i have some expert indicators that write to or get data from the folder called "Files"

is it possible to use a different folder or is that the only one that can be used

if it is possible what would be the correct wording please give an example

thank you

MT4 file functions

hello, my Indicator uses the following code to record every trade signal to a text file. by default, the latest signal is the last record at the bottom of the file. what I want to do is to reverse this order. that is, I'd like my latest signal to come on top. does anybody know how to do this?

void Trade_Log(string type,string price,string sigBar)

{

//----

int handle = 0;

string log = "";

//----

log = type+"@"+price+" @ "+sigBar+" bars";

handle = FileOpen("lastSignal_.dat",FILE_BIN|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE);

if(handle>0){ FileSeek(handle,0,SEEK_END);

FileWrite(handle,log);

FileClose(handle);

handle = 0;

}

//----

}

Vertical scale

Any way to increase the size of the vertical scale numbers? I'm finding them hard to read somtimes

Thanks

Reason: