Harmonic Trading - page 28

hi

Sometimes old trading ideas are the best ideas, if you can quantify them with modern analysis and testing procedures

i completely agree with u.

I'd like to know, How did you get X point? is it an extreme point? (highest or lowest).

the most important and vital part of each pattern is the AB=CD part of it and the X point can be like a good confirmation for the reversal zone that is established by AB=CD patternd(part of a pattern).for finding the X point there is no any certain way just look at the price movement u will find it.

I Read Pesavento's book.

AB should be 61.8% of XA

BC should be 61.8 - 78.6 % of AB

CD should be 127.0 - 161.8 % of BC

AD should be 78.6% of XA.

as pessavento said in his book these ratios and corelation between waves are the ideal situation.and as u can see i personally use only these certain ratio in order to finding the most probable patterns.

BTW, Do u have "Profits in the Stock Market by Harold M Gartley" ?

i should say sorry i do not have it

jamyar

4xtrader:
Hi Kamyar,

I've been watching this thread, it is very interesting.

Sometimes old trading ideas are the best ideas, if you can quantify them with modern analysis and testing procedures.

I'd like to know, How did you get X point? is it an extreme point? (highest or lowest).

I Read Pesavento's book.

AB should be 61.8% of XA

BC should be 61.8 - 78.6 % of AB

CD should be 127.0 - 161.8 % of BC

AD should be 78.6% of XA.

So, finding X point is the main of Gartley system, isn't it?.

What time frame this system working properly?

BTW, Do u have "Profits in the Stock Market by Harold M Gartley" ?

Thanks

To find the X point look for impulsive up or down move. When it finished and start to reverse, this is your XA leg

Files:
harmony.gif  38 kb

kamyar:
hi

it is nothing very strengh just kind of showing the corelation between waves take a look at the pic u will find.

as i said these r the ideal and most practical ratios in forex.maybe by the end of this week i will explain in detail.

The 0.764 arrow helped alot already to see how you got the number Thanks alot!

kamyar:
hi tom

take a look at the pic it is the harmonic trader indicator and it's own default setting.

The blue square is profit target,isn't it? What's the difference between small & large square?

How to determine profit target manually? Thanks.

Thanks

Well guys,

I just want to say thank you .for you Kamyar, Elly, all of you

I'll try this Gartley besides my oldest system (Crossing EMAs)

ShadowWz:
Hi,

- added custom color settings.

- added C point mandatory position check.

Cheers.

Hi ..

I have download that indicator but why on my chart doesn't appear anything .... ??

imam

kamyar:
hi

it is nothing very strengh just kind of showing the corelation between waves take a look at the pic u will find.

as i said these r the ideal and most practical ratios in forex.maybe by the end of this week i will explain in detail.

Hi Kamyar ..

the fibo line that shown on u'rr chart it's fibo retrace or fibo expansion ?

b'regards

imam

chavunx:
Hi Kamyar ..

the fibo line that shown on u'rr chart it's fibo retrace or fibo expansion ?

b'regards

imam

hi

it is drawn by retracment tool imam

eurusd hit both targets

Reason: