Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 936

Juanpablo Villagomez
Juanpablo Villagomez  
mladen:
And what exactly would be a multi time frame indicator that "does not repaint"?

In multi time frame indicators all the bars belonging to higher time frame bar must be updated. If the higher time frame values is, for example , 100, then all the bars of the lower time frame must have that same value 100 or else you get the clasical case of repainting.

That has been cleared a long time ago. "Reconstructing" some supposed states of higher time frame on a lower time frame is misleading. And, if we want to follow the rules to the letter, as long as the higher time frame current bar is not closed (hence all the lower time frame bars belonging to the higher time frame still opened current bar) it/they are a subject of change

I read a post somewhere about changing the calculation of bars from close instead changed to open. Does this help with mtf calculations? and possibly not as much repainting?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
justin7:
I read a post somewhere about changing the calculation of bars from close instead changed to open. Does this help with mtf calculations? and possibly not as much repainting?

justin7

Using open will always prevent changing the current bar state

But some indicators (like stochastic, adx, ... ) simply can not use just one price. And always count on the fact that using open price will automatically make it lag one bar (but that might not be a bad decision, since it is the usual way how EAs are using signals on a closed bar to avoid false signals, for example)

Juanpablo Villagomez
Juanpablo Villagomez  
mladen:
justin7

Using open will always prevent changing the current bar state

But some indicators (like stochastic, adx, ... ) simply can not use just one price. And always count on the fact that using open price will automatically make it lag one bar (but that might not be a bad decision, since it is the usual way how EAs are using signals on a closed bar to avoid false signals, for example)

I can probably deal with lag better than I can with repainting

jobudi888
jobudi888  

Hi Mladen if you could please make this "Double Smoothed Stochastic arrow alert" MTF also if U could make an option to turn the arrow on and off it would be great.

Also this "MTF_Stochastic_Alert_v.2" I think there is a problem, it cause my MT4 slow down a lot, could you check?

Thank you very much

Regards,

double_smoothed_stochastic_arrow_alert.mq4mtf_stochastic_alert_v.2.mq4

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
jobudi888:
Hi Mladen if you could please make this "Double Smoothed Stochastic arrow alert" MTF also if U could make an option to turn the arrow on and off it would be great.

Also this "MTF_Stochastic_Alert_v.2" I think there is a problem, it cause my MT4 slow down a lot, could you check?

Thank you very much

Regards,

double_smoothed_stochastic_arrow_alert.mq4mtf_stochastic_alert_v.2.mq4

About "MTF_Stochastic_Alert_v.2" : use any stochastic that sends an alert on signal cross. That indicator would need so much rewriting that, after all that done would look just like any correctly stochastic to signal cross indicator

nevik
nevik  

Dear Mr Mladen and Mr Tools

could you please turn this into an MTF

Thank you in advance

Files:
agtsnil.mq4 4 kb
William Snyder
William Snyder  
eightball:
Dear Mr Mladen and Mr Tools

could you please turn this into an MTF

Thank you in advance

Eightball would need the original source code, the version posted is a decompiled version.

jobudi888
jobudi888  
mladen:
About "MTF_Stochastic_Alert_v.2" : use any stochastic that sends an alert on signal cross. That indicator would need so much rewriting that, after all that done would look just like any correctly stochastic to signal cross indicator

OK, Thanks

What about the "Double Smoothed Stochastic arrow alert" could you make it an MTF?

With option to turn the arrow on and off?

double_smoothed_stochastic_arrow_alert.mq4

Regards,

William Snyder
William Snyder  
jobudi888:
OK, Thanks

What about the "Double Smoothed Stochastic arrow alert" could you make it an MTF?

With option to turn the arrow on and off?

double_smoothed_stochastic_arrow_alert.mq4

Regards,

Jobudi888, there is a mtf version here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page664 with alert options but without arrows.

brijeshsinh
brijeshsinh  

hello,

in STLM_hist + alerts + arrows mtf indicator there is no input column for putting numbers so we need to use default settings only.

for example in macd indicator there is fast EMA-12, Slow EMA and signal EMA input columns that we can change according to our wish and use multiple settings of indicators on same chart.

can someone add input column in STLM_hist + alerts + arrows mtf indiator also so that it can be changed to our wish.

here is attached indicators below.

stlm_hist__alerts__arrows_mtf.mq4

stlm_hist.mq4

and thanks for previous reply .