Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 935

mladen:
thefxpros Here is this one : ergodic_mtf_histo__limited_bars.mq4

Ooh Mladen i forgot this other one...if you can make the same work on this, please...

bbands_stop_v3_mtf.mq4

Files:

thefxpros:
Ooh Mladen i forgot this other one...if you can make the same work on this, please... bbands_stop_v3_mtf.mq4

Try out this one : bbands_stop_v3_mtf__limited_bars.mq4

hello,

the following STLM_hist + alerts + arrows mtf indicator takes only standard time frames like 15 minutes, 30 min, 60 min ...etc,

can anyone modify it so that it takes up odd time frames like 3 minutes, 7 min, 11 min, 14 min...etc.

attaching the indicator below

stlm_hist__alerts__arrows_mtf.mq4

thanks in advance,

here is the image of mtf indicator also and the original STLM HISTOGRAM indicator also attached below

stlm_hist.mq4

Files:

brijeshsinh:
hello,

the following STLM_hist + alerts + arrows mtf indicator takes only standard time frames like 15 minutes, 30 min, 60 min ...etc,

can anyone modify it so that it takes up odd time frames like 3 minutes, 7 min, 11 min, 14 min...etc.

attaching the indicator below

stlm_hist__alerts__arrows_mtf.mq4

thanks in advance,

metatrader can not show time frames like 7 min, 11 min, 14 minute. No trading platform can (since those time frames can not have a unique start)

Upgraded STLM_hist + alerts + arrows mtf (shorter code + added some options - like being able to chose the price) : stlm_hist__alerts__arrows_mtf_2.mq4

Does anybody have an mtf macd indicator that won't repaint? Probably would have to be in a histogram type of format with boxes. For example I trade on an m1 chart and I would like an m30 macd on it but I don't want any repainting even if it were to change later on I just care about what it was at that time anyways.

Read the last few pages can we please only post mtf indicators that don't repaint? jk but honestly that makes the system useless if it repaints the past. I figure just leave it with the "false" signal for that candle. I can't stand the idea of repainting. It's a waste of time when you look back on an indicators past and see it does so well and then later on during trial it changes the past. Just leave it even if it was wrong.

justin7:
Read the last few pages can we please only post mtf indicators that don't repaint? jk but honestly that makes the system useless if it repaints the past. I figure just leave it with the "false" signal for that candle. I can't stand the idea of repainting. It's a waste of time when you look back on an indicators past and see it does so well and then later on during trial it changes the past. Just leave it even if it was wrong.

And what exactly would be a multi time frame indicator that "does not repaint"?

In multi time frame indicators all the bars belonging to higher time frame bar must be updated. If the higher time frame values is, for example , 100, then all the bars of the lower time frame must have that same value 100 or else you get the clasical case of repainting.

That has been cleared a long time ago. "Reconstructing" some supposed states of higher time frame on a lower time frame is misleading. And, if we want to follow the rules to the letter, as long as the higher time frame current bar is not closed (hence all the lower time frame bars belonging to the higher time frame still opened current bar) it/they are a subject of change

mladen:
And what exactly would be a multi time frame indicator that "does not repaint"?

In multi time frame indicators all the bars belonging to higher time frame bar must be updated. If the higher time frame values is, for example , 100, then all the bars of the lower time frame must have that same value 100 or else you get the clasical case of repainting.

That has been cleared a long time ago. "Reconstructing" some supposed states of higher time frame on a lower time frame is misleading. And, if we want to follow the rules to the letter, as long as the higher time frame current bar is not closed (hence all the lower time frame bars belonging to the higher time frame still opened current bar) it/they are a subject of change

I read a post somewhere about changing the calculation of bars from close instead changed to open. Does this help with mtf calculations? and possibly not as much repainting?

Reason: