Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 327

patona:
Hello studbiol,

your Standard Entrys STD indicator is searching for an other indicator.

Can you help?

Thanks

Patona

Here it is

Files:
wr_ma_lc.mq4  5 kb

patona:
Hello studbiol, your Standard Entrys STD indicator is searching for an other indicator. Can you help? Thanks Patona

Hi patona,

maybe increase solved your problem by attaching W%R MA LC.mq4. I'm not sure about this.

increase:
Here it is

Hi increase,

thank you for helping patona with the missing W%R. Although I can't imagine why you need it ... I took all indicators off from a Metatrader exept those who are included (look at the picture) and Standard Entry worked like it should.

Maybe this is sth for the authors of "X-Files"

Have a nice sunday

Hi Studbiol,

Please just check the code of StandardentrySTD. It calls W%R_MA_LC a couple of times e.g.:

Ma_WprAm = iCustom(NULL, TFA,"W%R_MA_LC", WprAL,Ma_WprAS, 1, y ); WprAm = iCustom(NULL, TFA, "W%R_MA_LC",WprAL,Ma_WprBS, 0, y );

chrisstoff:
Hi Studbiol, Please just check the code of StandardentrySTD. It calls W%R_MA_LC a couple of times e.g.: ...

Thank you very much for your kind advice. As I'm not able to program sth I didn't know where to look ... I am just starting to learn (and obviously I have to learn a lot!). Please be patient with me ... I'll try to do my best.

Have a nice day

Just a little question: When you have the code of an indicator than you look whether it askes foriCustom and when this is shown you look for what is written between quotation marks ... and than you now which indicator is needed. Is this correct? Thank you for answering.

Files:

just a little assistance

i means -- it call other currency or chart , within this code --- i.e. outside charts and currency pair

here is the syntax

----

but syntax dictionary in MQ4 could be misleading some times, I could quote an example when I try to learn simple array

even the sample quoted in the REFERENCE manual is NOT correct

so the best is to imitate the CODING that works, do not think outside the box, just do minor adjustment -- and not all parameter is used, sometime we could leave it BLANK or shorten it

array, I try to use a loop to put the data in -- seen it done

when I try to do it, I can only put the things in, one element by one element --it works for me that way since I only need 10 to 14 element of an array anyway

=======

NOW , I am studying the historical chart (1.5 mth) of 2 week of TOKYO hour (early GMT hour)

around 1 in 8 CAD/JPY may worth to play, around 1 in 15 of AUD/JPY may worth to play during those hours

in other words, mostly so flat, even if you play, we are better to do one shot of 15 pips while trendy of last evening will still dominate in those day

break out and ranging indicator do help to decide which one worth of playing -- or -- simply, we bet on nothing in tokyo hours

-- we could also expect price flooding like rugby -- better than expect , if we catch the right moment, we could have a discount price to catch the wave during those tokyo hours

The encore

Technical indicators

I like MTF_RSX sorry that it no where.

?

Could you guys upload that standardentry_std indicator...

studbiol:
Just a little question: When you have the code of an indicator than you look whether it asks foriCustom and when this is shown you look for what is written between quotation marks ... and than you know which indicator is needed. Is this correct? Thank you for answering.

Hi Studbiol,

The quick answer is Yes....the indicator name is always written between the quotation marks... It is important to spell the indicator name EXACTLY the same...which means including spaces, underlines, characters that are in the indicator name..

Another important issue is making sure you have the correct number of "extern variables" included in the iCustom statement. This seems to be the biggest problem for new coders to understand.

Always look at the "extern variables" in the indicator itself...these are the user settings that the iCustom needs to have to get the correct data from the indicator.

Below is an example I provided earlier of this problem for another member:

The original code was presented with only 3 "extern variables" included in the iCustom statement.

The #MTF-Schaff Trend Cycle has more "extern" settings that need to be included in the iCustom statements (total of 5 settings need to be included):

//---- input parameters

extern int TimeFrame=0;

extern int MAShort=23;

extern int MALong=50;

extern double Cycle=10;

extern int CountBars=300;

Original (Problem Code):

iCustom(Symbol(),0,"#MTF-Schaff Trend Cycle",60,0,i);

Change To:

iCustom(Symbol(),0,"#MTF-Schaff Trend Cycle",60,23,50,10,300,i);

So not only does the indicator name have to be spelled correctly inside the quotes, the iCustom statement also needs all the "extern variables" to work correctly.

Hope this helps you...and the more you learn, the more you can have fun playing with the code...and be more successful in your trading!

Take care,

Robert

studbiol:
Just a little question: When you have the code of an indicator than you look whether it askes foriCustom and when this is shown you look for what is written between quotation marks ... and than you now which indicator is needed. Is this correct? Thank you for answering.

Well, basically yes.

I think cosmiclifeform has already answered your question in details, thank you for it.

I would add that if an indicator (or EA) does not work and/or there is an error message under the Experts tab of the MT4 platform, the user should check the code (provided it was available). If the source code is not available, then the error message under Experts tab usually contains info about the missing files.

Beside iCustom function the user should check some other things as well, e.g. #import or #include commands that usually are placed at the beginning of the code.

You can find more info under Search tab of MetaEditor's Navigator window putting in the name of the command or function, etc. in question.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

@ xx3xxx ... @ cosmiclifeform ... @ Chrisstoff

many many times for your explanations and your patience. I hope that I will be a successful student of MT4.

jeywhistle:
Could you guys upload that standardentry_std indicator...

Sorry that I confused you. Here is standardentry_std again and also W%R_MA_LC which you need in your indicator folder to enable standardentry_std.

Happy trading and many pips for all of you

Files:
Reason: