Bull bear power bar

I am looking for MTF bull bear power bars for 30min,1hr,4hr and daily,

Can some one help me

Thanks

es trader:
I am looking for MTF bull bear power bars for 30min,1hr,4hr and daily,

Can some one help me

Thanks

Maybe this is a first step: There are two basic indicators waiting to be converted into MTF.

Adding MTF To SuperTrend

aliza_2084:
Hi Can someone please make MTF indicator. thanks

Hi Aliza,

I added MTF to the indicator for you. Seems to work fine, but needs to be tested more to make sure it's doing it's job.

Here's what I changed so you can add MTF to other indicators as you need:

Added at top - extern int TimeFrame = 0; // User input - 5, 15, 30, 60, etc.

Change From:

double atr = iATR(NULL,0,period,i);

double cprice = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,appliedPrice,i);

Changed To:

double atr = iATR(NULL,TimeFrame,period,i);

double cprice = iMA(NULL,TimeFrame,1,0,MODE_SMA,appliedPrice,i);

The attached image shows 2 indicators with 60min and 30min lines.

In the Colors Tab - You can make the colors different and the width wider to tell them apart and see the lines easier.

Hope this helps you,

Robert

studbiol:
Maybe this is a first step: There are two basic indicators waiting to be converted into MTF.

Hi Studbiol,

See the above example with MTF added to the SuperTrend indi.

Add the "extern int TimeFrame = 0;

Change the "NULL, 0," to "NULL,TimeFrame,"

These are the basic steps you (or someone) can do to change the Bulls/Bears indicators (or any indicators) to make them MTF.

Recompile the indi, set your TF, and place it on your charts.

Hope this helps,

Robert

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Aliza,

I added MTF to the indicator for you. Seems to work fine, but needs to be tested more to make sure it's doing it's job.

Here's what I changed so you can add MTF to other indicators as you need:

Added at top - extern int TimeFrame = 0; // User input - 5, 15, 30, 60, etc.

Change From:

double atr = iATR(NULL,0,period,i);

double cprice = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,appliedPrice,i);

Changed To:

double atr = iATR(NULL,TimeFrame,period,i);

double cprice = iMA(NULL,TimeFrame,1,0,MODE_SMA,appliedPrice,i);

The attached image shows 2 indicators with 60min and 30min lines.

In the Colors Tab - You can make the colors different and the width wider to tell them apart and see the lines easier.

Hope this helps you,

Robert

Hi cosmiclifeform

thanks

MTF BearBull (sorry es trader not bars yet) and Mtf SuperTrend Nrp, Indicator BearBull needed in indicator folder for Mtf to work!

Interesting MTF Code

mrtools:
MTF BearBull (sorry es trader not bars yet) and Mtf SuperTrend Nrp, Indicator BearBull needed in indicator folder for Mtf to work!

Hi MrTools,

Thanks for your efforts to help others and for showing me an interesting way to add MTF to the SuperTrend indi... Some of your coding is a little beyond me and I'd like to learn a little more. My effort was a bare-bones basic way to change to MTF and your code has added much more to the indi.

And they definitely give different results.

The original code had no iCustom statements. I don't quite understand what indicator the iCustom is calling? It almost looks like it's calling itself? And what is the "calculate" statement for?

Also, it looks like the buffers are being used by both routines...the original code and your new iCustom statements? Plus the original code still contains the "NULL, 0" format. Is this somehow now bypassed by your new code?

BTW, if your code is more accurate/useful, I have no problem deleting my simple changed version so people don't get confused with so many versions.

Thanks in advance for your help...and I'm still enjoying learning more and more...!

Robert

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Studbiol,

See the above example with MTF added to the SuperTrend indi.

Add the "extern int TimeFrame = 0;

Change the "NULL, 0," to "NULL,TimeFrame,"

These are the basic steps you (or someone) can do to change the Bulls/Bears indicators (or any indicators) to make them MTF.

Recompile the indi, set your TF, and place it on your charts.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Hi, Cosmiclifeform,

I tried it the way you described ... but I failed. When I changed (0) to (TimeFrame) and tried to compile the metaeditor showed these changes as mistakes.

As MrTools changed it to MTF there was a possibility to find out what I did wrong. Sorry to say: I know I'm not able to do programming works and it is not as easy as it seems to be ... I'm only a user.

Thank you for your great work ... perhaps ... some day I will be able to understand what you are doing. I have to learn a lot.

It is a little bit complicated

Files:
learning_6.gif  35 kb
Reason: