Discussion - page 35

JanusTrading:
Now i am confused.............

On top of your statement it very clearly says:

"Alpari UK"

This is your broker, you have an account with.

Yes, but MT4 defaulted to Alpari. It didn't give me a choice. Now, it shows Metaquotes too ... but where are all the others?

FutureMillionaire?:
Yes, but MT4 defaulted to Alpari. It didn't give me a choice. Now, it shows Metaquotes too ... but where are all the others?

MetaTrader was created by Metaquotes company and Metaquotes delivered (or sold) this software to the brokers. So you may go to the brokers' website and download Metatrader.

Some broker even re-named this software so it is difficult to recognize about what to download without installing sometimes.

Just for example:

"we have our software and you may use ..." and so on.

Well. I am downloading their own software and install it and see that it is MetaTrader 4.

Why I am trading Russian Alpari? because I went to their website and downloaded their Metatrader and opened account online without any expiration date. That's all.

Fibo Group broker is the same. And the same with North Finance.

North Finance and Russian Alpari are competitors. They all are having similar data (data feed).

IBFX data is different.

IBFX is US.

If you download Metaquotes's MetaTrader and open demo account with them so it will be IBFX (it was before New Year like this).

You may see the list of the brokers here https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/4972-metatrader-brokers-list-compiled

And there is very good thread about brokers here https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/65-mt4-brokers-metatrader-brokers

-----------------

Thanks a lot JanusTrading.

I did not know this about Alpari UK.

Brilliant !

I've been to the FIBO website ... and now have a FIBO account.

I've been to the North Finance website ... and now have one of those too.

So now... to compare. The question is, if the broker makes such a difference. Which one should I use for EAs ... in the UK (if that makes a difference). Or, perhaps I should look at another.

Any suggestions?

FutureMillionaire?:
Brilliant !

I've been to the FIBO website ... and now have a FIBO account.

I've been to the North Finance website ... and now have one of those too.

So now... to compare. The question is, if the broker makes such a difference. Which one should I use for EAs ... in the UK (if that makes a difference). Or, perhaps I should look at another.

Any suggestions?

Difficult question.

Some people are selecting the broker according the real location.

The other people like reliable data more than country.

It is personal.

Every broker is having different data. Especially on high/low of the bar. Different data means different results/performance for some EAs.

I have one example: 1 or 2 years ago I tested TSD EA with Russian Alpari and Swiss Neuimex brokers. D1 timeframe. Close bar. Everything is the same. So TSD EA opened buy on Alpari and sell on Neuimex in the same time.

Open and Close position!

Opening and closing position is standard operation for brokers. that is how they calculate the difference on interests...

f.e.

u open a deal 10.000 eurusd but

eur interest is 3.5%

usd interest is 5.25%

Not to sure about exact interest right now.

So what they do when they open/close position is calculate the difference of interest. add/subtract amount and open same position again without any charges to you.

I've been told this by forex.com (USA)

Do not know how to prevent it or how to make EA work with it... it is only explanation.

I didn't realise just how much the different brokers varied. Now that I've worked out how to run with different brokers, I'm running a test comparing the same StepMA Expert_v1.45 on four different brokers.

Here are the screenshots showing how each broker looked during the weekend break...

Alpari UK

Metaquotes

Fibo

Interbank

There are some significant differences there. I wonder how they would effect the performance of the EAs.

It would effect badly.

I am testing/tested some EAs with different brokers as well.

Russian Alpari, North Finance and Fibo Group are having similar data. What does it mean? It means that just few pips of differences on high/low of the bar and 1 or 3 pips of differences for close bar. So it may be similar results on Russian Alpari, North Finence and Fibo Group.

IBFX broker is having different data.

I have no idea about Alpari UK.

Likeforex broker (real) are having the data mixed with North Finance (normal condition) and IBFX (news time).

newdigital:
It would effect badly.

Then perhaps, if an EA is so Broker critical, the Broker, that the author used when delveloping his EA, should be listed alongside the EA file.

FutureMillionaire?:
Then perhaps, if an EA is so Broker critical, the Broker, that the author used when delveloping his EA, should be listed alongside the EA file.

It may be done in diffeent way.

1. There are EAs which are automated manual trading systems.

1.1. For example.

I traded some system on M1 timeframe using Russian Alpari broker. And I used some indicator's settings/setup to trade. So those settings were the results of manal trading and testing. Then I decided to create EA for this system: Scalp_net and Scalp_net_v1.2. I used the same settings which i traded manually.

This EA will work well on Russian Alpari broker, North Finance and Fibo Group broker (i tested) with very similar results. And we will have absolutely different results with IBFX broker. So what to do?

Optimize the settings using IBFX data.

The other example is Brainwashing EAs: it was manual trading system with estimated settings. We just coded it and using the same settings. This EA will work well with Russian Alpari, NF and Fibo Group broker and will work very differently with IBFX.

What to do with IBFX?

Test system manually for 1 or 2 months to find the settings for IBFX, or optimize the setings of EA using IBFX data.

1.2. Exactly opposite example.

Envelope 2.11. It was coded as trading system and settings were estimated for IBFX. To use it with other brokers I had to optimize the settings using the other broker's data and test this EA during the 3 months. It was before our forum was created.

2. More easy way.

EA was created by some programmers. There are no any trading systems as analogies to trade manually. EA was created "as is". So all the brokers are on the same condition: if I want to use some EA for IBFX so I should have IBFX data and optimize the settings. The same with any other broker: just optimize to find the settings using their data. Example: our StepMAExpert_1.45.

3. Protect your EAs from very different data feed.

It is coding way. there are one thread in this elite section where elite embers are discussing this subject.

There are no any full 100% protection. But there are some very usefull and very simple coding about it:

- use coding on close bar.

- use pending orders.

- try to use D1 close bar (should be almost same with any broker).

- use as highier timeframe as possible.

- test on demo first.

- do not use EA with real money if do not understand about how this EA works with all the particularities. Remember: coder is not responsible for any lossing money.

- Codersguru is using some profit protection codes. Some Rusian codes are using Losses protection codes.

- test EA with different brokers.

- test EA with very small real money with different brokers as well (may be different from demo results).

4. Ask people.

Ask me for example

I am testing EAs during the two year already with many brokers and I participated with development of many EAs as well. As I am not professional coder so I do not care and can not be involved in any promoting. It means that I will tell a true.

The same with other people: many pofessional traders, coders and independent testers are elite members. Many of them are having opinion different from my opinion so it may be good to ask them as well.

5. News.

Price is moved by people. People are doing the news. So the news are affecting on the performance a lot.

6. Broker's reliability (not country as some people are thinking about).

Spikes, disconnection, requotes, freezing the data, spread changing, data timing/shifting and so on.

That's all that I know about this subject now.

Reason: