DayTrading3 - page 4

Please find updated statements.

Files:

When I use Strategy Tester with tf3 over the last 3 months there are no trades and the journal message is 'tester comment non-trading hours" I am using Alpari demo with default settings on tf3 ie UseHourTrade...true and FromHourTrade 8 and ToHourTrade 18. Any suggestion how to fix this? Thanks

profitmaker:
When I use Strategy Tester with tf3 over the last 3 months there are no trades and the journal message is 'tester comment non-trading hours" I am using Alpari demo with default settings on tf3 ie UseHourTrade...true and FromHourTrade 8 and ToHourTrade 18. Any suggestion how to fix this? Thanks

I am not backtesting EAs. I am forward testing. As to DayTrading3tf so you may look at the trades (see attached statements of this EA from the beginning - with and without timefilter). EA with timefilter is not trading very often.

It can not be fixed. If you are not trading on ibfx so this EA is reliable. Reliable means not trading often.

Files:

Statements of this EA from the beginning and statements for this week are attached.

not trading on ibfx

newdigital:
I am not backtesting EAs. I am forward testing. As to DayTrading3tf so you may look at the trades (see attached statements of this EA from the beginning - with and without timefilter). EA with timefilter is not trading very often. It can not be fixed. If you are not trading on ibfx so this EA is reliable. Reliable means not trading often.

Newdigital,

What do you mean: "If you are not trading on ibfx so this EA is reliable."? Do you mean that this EA does not work good on ibfx?

nohills:
Newdigital,

What do you mean: "If you are not trading on ibfx so this EA is reliable."? Do you mean that this EA does not work good on ibfx?

I wanted to say that ibfx is having the different data. For example if I am testing EA on North Finance so this EA will have similar results on Alpari, Fibo Group and with some other brokers. IBFX data is different.

It is not for DayTrading EA only. I think it is for some other EAs working on M15 timeframe and less (Scalp_net for example).

I am not talking about "good" or "bad". I am talking about similar or different possible results.

newdigital:
I wanted to say that ibfx is having the different data. For example if I am testing EA on North Finance so this EA will have similar results on Alpari, Fibo Group and with some other brokers. IBFX data is different.

It is not for DayTrading EA only. I think it is for some other EAs working on M15 timeframe and less (Scalp_net for example).

I am not talking about "good" or "bad". I am talking about similar or different possible results.

Newdigital,

OK, thank you for the answer, because I was a bit confused.

That I understand now.

I downloaded Daytrading3tf.mq4 from Post#13 and placed it on 15 min. charts for various pairs. The "smiley" face appeared ok in the upper right hand corner but in the upper left hand corner there is a message ' Non-Trading Hours!"

No trades have ben taken over a week in any of the 8 pairs I am following.

I have all the EA settings as default and did not change anything.

Can anyone assist with this problem please? Thanks.

Thank you, Sir.

profitmaker:
I downloaded Daytrading3tf.mq4 from Post#13 and placed it on 15 min. charts for various pairs. The "smiley" face appeared ok in the upper right hand corner but in the upper left hand corner there is a message ' Non-Trading Hours!"

No trades have ben taken over a week in any of the 8 pairs I am following.

I have all the EA settings as default and did not change anything.

Can anyone assist with this problem please? Thanks.

As to no trades I may say the following:

This EA is not trading very often. You may look at the statements to see here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173383/page13

On this Monday this EA with timefilter opened sell order on EURUSD and this order is still opened.

Reason: