Discussion - page 34

I am posting exact versions which i am using.

Default settings.

Check your settings once again.

BTW I've sent pm to Igorad once again.

JanusTrading:
Alpari UK uses the UK broker rollover policy:

In the US, like with IBFX and FXDD your positions are maintained and positive or negative interest credited/debited from your account.

This will show in the P/L line.

So you really lock in your position profit or loss on top of that!(see account statement above)

Alpari UK and other UK based FX brokers close your account position at 23:59 GMT and reopen a new position.

Depending on positive or negative interest these "new" positions are opened lower or higher than your original positions.

Since your effective original purchase/opening price changes a lot of EA`s are getting confused with that.

I think that is the issue.

Janus

I do not have this problem with Russian Alpari, Fibi Group and North Finance.

Is it Alpari UK only?

Why?

JanusTrading:

Janus

Is there something in the setup that I can change?

Alpari UK Rollover policy

In the US, like with IBFX and FXDD your positions are maintained and positive or negative interest credited/debited from your account.

This will show in the P/L line.

So you really lock in your position profit or loss on top of that only if you finally close your position.But your very first opening price ALWAYS stays the same.

Alpari UK and other UK based FX brokers close your account position EVERY DAY at 23:59 GMT and reopen a new position.

Depending on positive or negative interest these "new" positions are opened lower or higher than your original positions OPENED, including any floating profit or loss.(position P/L +/- rollover interest)

Since your effective original purchase/opening price changes a lot of EA`s are getting confused with that.

Janus

newdigital:
I am posting exact versions which i am using.

Default settings.

Check your settings once again.

OK, I've checked. They appear to be identical. Just to be sure, though, I've set up another instance of this EA on another PC, with the version you just posted. I shall run that side by side with my previous version, and see if there's a difference.

Off to a slightly different start, as my previous version opened a trade as I was installing yours. Once that's finished, though, they should work in tandem.

Alpari UK Rollover policy

This policy is an Alpari UK policy and to my knowledge used by UK FX brokers.

So it is very clear why North Finance and Alpari Rus do not have that problem, since they use the US rollover policy.

There is NOTHING in any settings of the MT4 platform to be changed.......change brokers.

Janus

JanusTrading:
This policy is an Alpari UK policy and to my knowledge used by UK FX brokers.

So it is very clear why North Finance and Alpari Rus do not have that problem, since they use the US rollover policy.

There is NOTHING in any settings of the MT4 platform to be changed.......change brokers.

Janus

I'd love to, but I haven't worked out how to use MT4 with any other broker.

I use http://www.igindex.co.uk/ for my manual trading, and they give you the option to 'carry over' trades to the next day. Unfortuantely, they don't support MT4 ... I've asked.

Do you know of other brokers, in the UK, that support MT4, and how to get MT4 to use them?

EA`s and brokers

As always, picking the broker is a difficult choice.

For most EA`s, any UK broker, even with MT4 platform might not be suitable, due to the rollover policy which spoils the EA trade logic.

I have not encountered any problems trading Step MA and other EA`s posted in this section of the forum with any of the better known US MT4 brokers.

Janus

JanusTrading:
As always, picking the broker is a difficult choice.

For most EA`s, any UK broker, even with MT4 platform might not be suitable, due to the rollover policy which spoils the EA trade logic.

I have not encountered any problems trading Step MA and other EA`s posted in this section of the forum with any of the better known US MT4 brokers.

Janus

I'm confused. How does MT4 know where I am?

I tried telling it I was in another country, but it still kept offering the same brokers. At least, now there's a choice ... so I've set it up with Metaquotes.net

How can I add other brokers to the list?

Confused.........?

Now i am confused.............

On top of your statement it very clearly says:

"Alpari UK"

This is your broker, you have an account with.

Alpari UK uses the MT4 trading platform for their clients, according to Alpari UK policies and rules, which can be found on their webpage.

Around the world, about 25+ brokerage firms use the MT4 platform for client order execution.Depending on the individual broker, a client of that particular firm, might receive higher/lower swap rates(rollover policies), has different FX pairs to trade and agrees to different compliance standards in each jurisdiction, but all firms use the MT4 platform.

MT4 is just the trading tool, customized for a particular broker.

Janus

Reason: