Discussion - page 38

forexmentorprogram:
Bluto,

Thanks for the very good response. Although I am not a programmer, I agree with what you have said almost exactly. It amazes me of the different results seen on different EA's using different brokers. Most brokers are within a few pips of each other and if there not, they need to match up after time or there would be arbitrage opportunities. Actuallly sometimes there is, but thats a whole nother thread in order to discuss that.

Now as far as I can see it, one would have to think of why there are different results from different brokers and what could a broker do to totally throw off an EA's results???

If its based on pivots, maybe change the timeframe on the platform? I dont really know if this happens, but i was thinking in the terms of what could someone do. If its based on another method, maybe throw price spikes into the data? Reguotes that throw off a system/method? Freezing the data feed? I have seen things even crazier than what I am mentioning from brokers based and registered in the US, nevermind sending money to overseas brokers, thats even riskier than investing in forex, lol. Im no expert at EA's, just some thoughts I had in mind.

Thanks,

Mike

Man, don't get me started on the subject of brokers and their data feeds....that's yet another dimension of chaos an ea has to deal with. They constantly vary the pip spreads, flatten out the true price volatility, purposely impose slippage of a pip or two on every other order, etc. etc. Some are worse than others but they're all in it to siphon off as much money from your trades as possible. Tricky tricky stuff to deal with.

Advanced AMA EA & Indicator

** EDIT **

buys and sells now take place, but not according to indicators, try strategy tester. Maybe because of tp?

still need to remove TP etc., to make it a true swing EA

my latest efforts attached.

Hello all,

Despite many hours of work (hrs_of_work>10!! ), and reading the Coders Guru tutorial lessons, I still cannot get my EA to work. First I'd like to say thanks to Pipsqeak2, Igorad, and Coders Guru for their code snippets I borrowed, and I hope I did not break any rules by using the code found here in the forum.

I am trying to create a very simple EA that will open a buy when Igorad's Advanced AMA Indicator turns "Sky Blue", and then hold the order until the color changes to "Tomato". After closure of the buy order I want to immediately issue a sell order that will remain open until the color turns "Sky Blue" again.

The EA is therefore an endless chain of open buy,close buy, and then open sell,close sell, in the right order with no stop loss, take profit, or other order modification. I currently plan to use a non adjustable lot size.

From the attached code I badly hacked you can see that I have successfully captured the "buysig" and "sellsig" variables from Igorads indicator - thanks to using Pipsqueaks code. Despite this I STILL cannot get the buys and sells right despite many iterations. In strategy tester this thing is now issuing an endless stream of buy orders. In a previous attempt it would only issue one sell order!

Despite this being quite funny, and a valuable learning experience, I really would appreciate some experienced eyes looking at the EA to see where I am going wrong. I know everyone is busy so I know this is a big favor and would not ask if I were not totally stumped.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

WB

Files:

newdigital:
14th - 21st of January winners

Winners for the above mentioned week are the following EAs:

GBPUSD:

1. StepMAExpert_v1.45 with 211 pips.

2. Envelope 2.11 with 157 pips.

3. qq_v2.3 with 80 pips.

4. SBS EA with 49 pips.

5. StepMAExpert_v1.1_mod with 6 pips.

6. Brainwashing 1c1. H4 timeframe with 1 pips.

This is rediculous. My StepMAExpert_v.1.45 .... the files you sent me, bears no resemblance to this.

Here's my statement.

FutureMillionaire?:
This is rediculous. My StepMAExpert_v.1.45 .... the files you sent me, bears no resemblance to this. Here's my statement.

I must have something in my setup wrong. But I can't see what.

Come to think of it. Where's Firebird in that list?

That's one that did work last week. Here's that statement.

This is rediculous. My StepMAExpert_v.1.45 .... the files you sent me, bears no resemblance to this.

I constantly get different results from NewDigital too. I also get different results between demo and live accounts with the same broker using identical EA's on my own computer!

I figure it's to do with different brokers, different timezones, broker servers that have outages, different data, occasionally different settings, whether the EA has OrderReliable or some other means to repeat a request if it fails first time, and the discretion that MT4 gives the broker to move price to accept an order.

NewDigital - do you close all trades each weekend, or do you leave trades open and start the new week with open trades?

barry:
I constantly get different results from NewDigital too. I also get different results between demo and live accounts with the same broker using identical EA's on my own computer!

I figure it's to do with different brokers, different timezones, broker servers that have outages, different data, occasionally different settings, whether the EA has OrderReliable or some other means to repeat a request if it fails first time, and the discretion that MT4 gives the broker to move price to accept an order.

NewDigital - do you close all trades each weekend, or do you leave trades open and start the new week with open trades?

No, I did not close any trades manually.

Yes, some EAs are performing very differently with different brokers.

I am testing StepMAExpert_v1.45 with Russian Alpari broker and with Fibo Group broker: the same but last week was different.

I have experience to compare Scalp_net with real and demo accout with IBFX and Alpari: the same with demo and very different from each other.

If you are using the same EA with the same broker and settings so you should have exact the same figures with me.

FutureMillionaire?:
Come to think of it. Where's Firebird in that list? That's one that did work last week. Here's that statement.

It is my results for Firebird attached. Different from yours.

StepMAExpert_v1.45 is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173383/page51

If you are using IBFX broker so many EAs will perform differently from my results. Becfause the data of IBFX broker is very different.

Files:

I would expect minor differences..... there seems to be very little point testing all the EAs with different brokers, if the results are so wildly different.

It just becomes a lottery!

newdigital:
It is my results for Firebird attached. Different from yours.

Actually, that one wasn't that different. I've only got two trades on my Firebird. You've got both of those. There was one more on the 18th, that you have ... but mine missed.

Reason: