Is it true that an EA working on demo accounts doesn't give the same results on real?

That is said a lot in forums, YouTube videos, etc.

Why? What are the differences?

Thank you

• Some brokers are having/providing the different quotes/data for demo account and for real/live account(slightly but different; mostly difference for high/low of the bar on lower timeframe).
  • The other brokers are not having those differences between demo and real.

So, it depends on how EA was coded and which trading platform (MT4 or MT5) is used (MT5 is preferable to get backtesting results to be same as real trading for example).

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
, then each symbol positions will be closed in the same order, in which they are opened, starting with the oldest one. In case of an attempt to close positions in a different order, the trader will receive an appropriate error. There are several types of accounts that can be opened on a trade server. The type of account on which an MQL5 program...

Now you know your real battle fields.

Demo accounts are just like those military recruitment teaser ads 
;)

Sergey Golubev:
  • Some brokers are having/providing the different quotes/data for demo account and for real/live account(slightly but different; mostly difference for high/low of the bar on lower timeframe).
  • The other brokers are not having those differences between demo and real.

So, it depends on how EA was coded and which trading platform (MT4 or MT5) is used (MT5 is preferable to get backtesting results to be same as real trading for example).

Hi Sergey I see. It is a pity that I cannot say the name of my broker... Anyhow my timeframe is 15 mins. Thanks
Reason: